PDA

View Full Version : Harness Eye Speed Figs

Tom
03-06-2008, 10:14 AM
I picked up a copy of HE yesterday after Pandy said he had horse to watch list. and found they now have speed figures. But, they aren't really speed figures per say - they are modified somehow - a place horse had a higher fig than the winner, several other horses had figs that did not "fit."

Anyone know anything about these and how they are calculated?

I'll check out the tracks in this issue tonight and report how they did.

melman
03-06-2008, 02:26 PM
Tom---Maybe Pandy can drop by and explain the new figs to us, I sure don't understand them. Some I think can pay a price tonight at the BigM.

R1 3
R4 7
R9 6
R10 2

FlyinLate
03-06-2008, 03:08 PM
But, they aren't really speed figures per say - they are modified somehow - a place horse had a higher fig than the winner, several other horses had figs that did not "fit."

Someone was talking about this a little while ago and remember something about trip giving the figure. For example if the winner sat pocket and won he'd have a lower figure than say the runner-up who came first over for a half mile and missed by a length?

Zman179
03-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I would imagine that these figures would be adjusted for post position as the TrackMaster ratings are.

RaceBookJoe
03-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Does anyone know is Harness Eye is available out here in Vegas, i dont think i have ever come across one here. thanks rbj

xfile
03-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Will Harness Eye be available online?

pandy
03-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I picked up a copy of HE yesterday after Pandy said he had horse to watch list. and found they now have speed figures. But, they aren't really speed figures per say - they are modified somehow - a place horse had a higher fig than the winner, several other horses had figs that did not "fit."

Anyone know anything about these and how they are calculated?

I'll check out the tracks in this issue tonight and report how they did.

The Harness Eye speed figures take into account trips.

wilderness
03-07-2008, 08:38 AM
Harness Eye is only distributed in the east and has remained so for more than 25 years.
They've never had an online version, in fact there was a time when they didn't even have a contact on their website.

Jay Bergman was a longtime writer for the publication.