PDA

View Full Version : The Democrat Race

Tom
03-05-2008, 12:49 PM
It doesn’t get any better than this.

The democrats have elected delegates, they have super delegates, and they have added delegates. The hold primaries in Michigan and Florida that don’t count, but now maybe they will count, or maybe they will have a couple of do-overs.

They have worked hard to establish checks and balances to ensure that the voice of the people will not count!

“Every vote must counted, we will just ignore them later on.”

Hillary has gone to the attack mode, her new motto being “no dirt left behind,” or “all the mud that’s fit to sling.” Her 3:00 am phone call ad points to her experience in the White House when that call comes in…..but it was usually Bill saying “Don’t pay the ransom…I escaped!”

delayjf
03-05-2008, 02:06 PM
Her 3:00 am phone call ad points to her experience in the White House when that call comes in…..but it was usually Bill saying “Don’t pay the ransom…I escaped!”
If I were Obama, I'd play the same ad, but have her roll over to say something to Bill only to find he's not there.

By the way, since when does site seeing with Chelsey qualify as Foreign Policy experience? I guess by her standards Laura Bush could qualify as Sec of State.

Tom
03-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I seem to remember the libs here making a big issue out of Bush and Chenney not serving in the militarty ( ignoring Bush's state-sdie service).

Wonder if that issue will go away now that McCain is the only one with a service background? Neither Barack nor Hillary ever served.

rastajenk
03-05-2008, 02:47 PM
At least we'll be spared the sight of Commander Kerry, "Reporting for Duty." :faint:

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I hate Hillary. But when she argues she won the more important states when it comes General election time................she is right.

Yep, there won't be many military ads this time. But John McCain will surely face a swift boat type of group from the other side...............

bigmack
03-05-2008, 03:36 PM
The Joke of the Superdelegates

Many of the superdelegates who could well decide the Democratic presidential nominee have already been plied with campaign contributions by Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton.
(http://www.capitaleye.org/inside.asp?ID=336)
"While it would be unseemly for the candidates to hand out thousands of dollars to primary voters, or to the delegates pledged to represent the will of those voters, elected officials serving as superdelegates have received about $890,000 from Obama and Clinton in the form of campaign contributions over the last three years," the nonpartisan Center for Responsive Politics reported today.

About half the 800 superdelegates -- elected officials, party leaders, and others -- have committed to either Clinton or Obama, though they can change their minds until the convention.

Obama's political action committee has doled out more than $694,000 to superdelegates since 2005, the study found, and of the 81 who had announced their support for Obama, 34 had received donations totaling $228,000.

Clinton's political action committee has distributed about $195,000 to superdelegates, and only 13 of the 109 who had announced for her have received money, totaling about $95,000.
http://www.capitaleye.org/inside.asp?ID=336

Marshall Bennett
03-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Looks like the worm may have turned . Obama had the knockout punch all set up and couldn't put her away . Beleive time is his worst enemy now . They'll take it all the way to the convention , thats when Obama goes down . :cool:

DRIVEWAY
03-05-2008, 04:47 PM
Democratic Nomination Analysis

Electoral College 538 Electoral Votes 270 to win Presidency
Exclude(Florida,Michigan) 494 Electoral Votes 248 to win Presidency

States won By Hillary Clinton
Arizona 10
Arkansas 6
California 55
Massachusetts 12
Nevada 5
New Hampshire 4
New Jersey 15
New Mexico 5
New York 31
Ohio 20
Oaklahoma 7
Rhode Island 4
Tennessee 11
Texas 34
--

Future Primaries for Hillary
Indiana 11
Kentucky 8
Pennsylvania 21
West Virginia 5
--

Excluded Primaries
Florida 27
Michigan 17
--

Hillary Totals
Current 219
Probable 45
Excluded 44
---
Total 308

Current + Probable = 264 with 248 to Win
Current + Probable + Excluded = 308 with 270 to Win

The Democratic National Committee has a problem.
Do they redo the primaries in Florida and Michigan?
Do they force the Super Delegates to vote for Barrack Obama or Hillary Clinton?
Will they even consider an analysis of Electoral Votes?

It will be interesting.

Cangamble
03-06-2008, 12:27 AM
All she has to do is get someone from the press to ask Obama if he thinks that OJ killed Nicole:D

ddog
03-06-2008, 12:50 AM
If I were Obama, I'd play the same ad, but have her roll over to say something to Bill only to find he's not there.

By the way, since when does site seeing with Chelsey qualify as Foreign Policy experience? I guess by her standards Laura Bush could qualify as Sec of State.

Not bad, although I would have BILLYBOB pick up the call turn to her and say it's nothing go back to sleep.

:lol:

betchatoo
03-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Not bad, although I would have BILLYBOB pick up the call turn to her and say it's nothing go back to sleep.

:lol:
I would go one step further and have Bill say,"You relax honey. It's for me."

Tom
03-06-2008, 09:59 AM
How about "It's just the Joint Chiefs, Homey. My hummer's ready.":eek:

DanG
03-06-2008, 10:42 AM
You’re not kidding Tom about the madness of our election process.

The entire theory of a “Caucus” is enough to make our founding fathers flip like White Castles in their graves…may they RIP.

Caucus = “Small groups imposing their will on the majority”. A lovely concept in a republic to allow at times less than 1% to decide for the masses. :bang:

GaryG
03-06-2008, 11:34 AM
The entire theory of a “Caucus” is enough to make our founding fathers flip like White Castles in their graves…may they RIP.Mmmmmm.....White Castles....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Dan, why do we always end up talking about food instead of the serious matters at hand?

ddog
03-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I don't have a food analogy, but actually the founders were much more restrictive as to who could vote.

I think there maybe some merit to an age cutoff at 65 , they tend to vote for welfare type stuff and are against change. Plus in our early days few lived this long.

Also maybe anyone with less than 60K in earned income per year.

Not seen anything that points to the "masses" knowing what the heck they are doing anyway.

DanG
03-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Mmmmmm.....White Castles....:ThmbUp: :ThmbUp: Dan, why do we always end up talking about food instead of the serious matters at hand?
Again Gary…Sorry for the drift, but I was under the impression ‘food is serious business? :D

Tom
03-06-2008, 11:53 AM
ddog - who's next?
Problem with keeping citizens out of the process is that you how have created a moral obligation to take care of thier needs sicne thy have no voice.
We allow morons to run for office, why complain when morons turn out to vote? :rolleyes::D

Marshall Bennett
03-06-2008, 12:28 PM
ddog - who's next?
Problem with keeping citizens out of the process is that you how have created a moral obligation to take care of thier needs sicne thy have no voice.
We allow morons to run for office, why complain when morons turn out to vote? :rolleyes::D
... and Obama has them turning out in droves . :cool:

mountainman
03-06-2008, 01:26 PM
... and Obama has them turning out in droves . :cool:

Obama has it made. Spout nonsubstantive mantras-"hope".."change".."new direction" -and simply play the race card when somebody presses him to discuss his record. I'm still trying to figure out how Bill Clinton calling Obama's candidacy a fairy tale amounted to racism.

bigmack
03-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how Bill Clinton calling Obama's candidacy a fairy tale amounted to racism.
That stemmed from the exponentially biased Chris Matthews who isn't shy about saying that when he hears Obama speak he gets chills that run up his leg. http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/think005.gif

On the March 2 edition of the NBC-syndicated The Chris Matthews Show, host Chris Matthews asserted that former President Bill Clinton "made a series of remarks about Barack Obama that turned off many Democrats and may have helped galvanize black voters for Obama." Matthews then aired an abbreviated clip of Clinton's January 7 comments, "This whole thing is the biggest fairy tale I've ever seen," leaving out his preceding comments in which Clinton made clear that he was talking about Obama's statements regarding the Iraq war and not Obama's campaign. In a January 13 piece for The New York Times' Week in Review section, reporter Mark Leibovich noted that in using the words "fairy tale," Clinton "was referring specifically to the perception that Mr. Obama was totally pure in his opposition to the Iraq war." Additionally, on the January 11 edition of MSNBC's Hardball, Salon.com editor-in-chief Joan Walsh told Matthews, "I don't think it was a wise remark, but specifically the context of what he was saying was that ... the notion that Obama had always been steadfastly opposed to the war was the 'fairy tale.' Not that his candidacy was a fairy tale."

Marshall Bennett
03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Should have seen the chaos in Houston Tuesday night . Plans were for 80 to 100 thousand at the caucus and nearly 400 thousand showed up . Of those many weren't registered and couldn't vote . Reporters from the local networks talked to many that didn't even know who the candidates were other than Obama .
Many of those able to vote didn't do so until 3am the following morning . :D

JustRalph
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
That stemmed from the exponentially biased Chris Matthews who isn't shy about saying that when he hears Obama speak he gets chills that run up his leg.

That is the same Chris Mathews that while covering the Hillary Clinton Speech from Columbus the other night, kept raving about "The wonderful American hero" standing on the stage behind Hillary. He talked about John Glenn being an American hero from Ohio etc. The only problem was, the guy standing behind Hillary was Lee Fisher, the Ohio Lt. Governor. :lol:

John Glenn is about 86 years old and Lee Fisher is 55 years old.

Lee Fisher
http://www.ag.state.oh.us/img/past_ags/Fisher.jpg

Tom
03-06-2008, 09:21 PM
That stemmed from the exponentially biased Chris Matthews who isn't shy about saying that when he hears Obama speak he gets chills that run up his leg. http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/think005.gif

He should try depends.

Tom
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
LNfhsUcyld0

ezrabrooks
03-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Why did the DNC get all bent out of shape about Fla and Mich having their primaries early? What difference did it make? This is the same party that has been claiming the shaft in the last two (2) national elections, but have come up with a system amongst themselves that almost insures problems.

EZ