PDA

View Full Version : New Thread Mountaineer Running on Friday's Now

MAGICHORSEMAN
03-04-2008, 08:12 PM
Mountaineer running on Friday's now and with 10 races. The pp's are online now.
I think the weather will be ok this Friday.

ralph_the_cat
03-04-2008, 11:16 PM
ahhh, but will the track be ready my friend.... :bang:

MAGICHORSEMAN
03-06-2008, 04:22 PM
I am not too sure about this friday as heavy snow is now in the forcast.

whyhorseofcourse
03-06-2008, 04:32 PM
Is Rex Stokes racing at mountaineer again or is he sticking with turfway?

MAGICHORSEMAN
03-06-2008, 10:15 PM
He rides at Turfway mostly but comes to Mountaineer when he has a sure thing. Usually for Loren Cox. Mountaineer hardly runs lately but with 5 days of racing now here. We'll probably see more of him.

The Bit
03-06-2008, 11:46 PM
Do you bet the Mountain on a regular basis?

Probably the most difficult place to play in my opinion.

Chris Longshot
03-07-2008, 01:15 PM
mnr cancelled 3/07/08

njcurveball
03-07-2008, 03:48 PM
mnr cancelled 3/07/08

Doesn't that go in another thread. :lol:

ldiatone
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
rain rain and more rain here in the tri state area! may not go sat, 1-3 in. : in the forcast :eek:

shanta
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
rain rain and more rain here in the tri state area! may not go sat, 1-3 in. : in the forcast :eek:

Good weather to stay in and cook some shrimp and garlic!! :)

ralph_the_cat
03-07-2008, 07:46 PM
of course.. ;)

Ive heard a rumor about MNR being a hard track to cap... :D
Ive spent most of my life wasting valuable time trying to figure it out... :( its not a $1, 1-2-3 tri track... or a $2 exacta 6-7... its a go big or go home style of play...:cool:

Chris Longshot
03-07-2008, 10:03 PM

forget saturday id :( , we'll be lucky if they race by next week, 1-3 inches of snow saturday, no go, sunday looks like a nice day but too warm, track will thaw unevenly, there goes sunday, monday more rain expected 35 degrees too warm lol, now on to tuesday more rain 36 degrees too warm again, thats a no go, I think the only way they race this week is if gets really cold, 15 degrees and the track freezes or they have a couple straight days of no moisture whatsoever, now that's a longshot, if were lucky we might get in one card, then will have a nice warm, sunny day and they'll have to cancel again. Don't mean to be so negative, I hope I'm dead wrong plus i'm tired of pointless downloads and cappin cancelled cards but I have heard the weather down there has been brutal, I feel sorry for everyone affected by it. Keep up the forecasts id, its greatly appreciated.

Chris Longshot
03-07-2008, 10:15 PM
of course.. ;)

Ive heard a rumor about MNR being a hard track to cap... :D
Ive spent most of my life wasting valuable time trying to figure it out... :( its not a $1, 1-2-3 tri track... or a $2 exacta 6-7... its a go big or go home style of play...:cool:

hey ralph, try this effective cocktail before you cap the mountain, its a mixture of lexipro/xanax/caffeine/nodoze and ephredrine. Trust me, you'd be suprised how big you'll go after this.

PS- Trying to conquer mnr is not wasting valuable time, I rather look at it as our civic duty, a reason for our existence.:D

MAGICHORSEMAN
03-07-2008, 11:15 PM

I PLAY EVERY WEEK BUT LIGHTLY. ALL TRACKS ARE TOUGH TO PLAY. I PERFER TO PLAY THE HORIZONTAL BETS... DAILY DOUBLES, PICK 3'S, PICK 4'S , PICK 6'S AND PLACE ALL. IT IS JUST TOO BAD THE TRACK AND MANAGEMENT CANNOT GET MORE PICK 3'S OR EVEN ONE PICK 4.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY THE TRACK MANAGEMENT THAT THEY KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE LIVE PLAYERS BET. THEY KNOW WHAT TYPES OF BET THE SIMULCAST PLAYER BET WHEN PLAYING MOUNTAINEER PARK. MANAGEMENT TELLS ME OVER AND OVER THAT NOBODY PLAYS THE PICK 4 AT MOUNTAINEER AND EVEN THE OFF TRACK PLAYERS DO NOT PLAY THE PICK 4 AT MOUNTAINEER. THEY EXPLAIN TO ME THAT THERE IS NO NEED TO GET A PICK 4 AT THE TRACK.

MOUNTAINEER HAS NEVER EVER HAD A PICK 4 AT THE TRACK. IT LOOKS LIKE THEY NEVER WILL HAVE IT.

The Bit
03-08-2008, 12:09 AM
Philly Park doesn't offer a Pick 4 either. Could never figure that out. The takeout would probably be about 50% of they did.

Chris Longshot
03-08-2008, 12:41 AM

I think any track where you don't give 100% percent of your attention to, it would be difficult to have significant success. And that being said, even with your undivided attention, it still may not be enough, thats the frustrating part, some suggestions I would give cappin the mountain is to keep race result charts, jot down track biases and learn the jocks and trainers tendancies. What I find so difficult about mnr is predicting how the track's going to play, it varies day to day, sometimes race to race. Secondly, in regard to current form, what you see is hardly what you ever get with horses at mnr. Gathering all this information, can become boring and tedious at times but it will pay off in the longrun and give you the edge you need, as per cliff smith signature, which rings true, he says, the harder I work, the luckier I get!

MAGICHORSEMAN
03-08-2008, 01:59 AM
Philly Park doesn't offer a Pick 4 either. Could never figure that out. The takeout would probably be about 50% of they did.

I had honestly thought Mountaineer was the only track in the country that does not have a pick 4.

The Bit
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I think any track where you don't give 100% percent of your attention to, it would be difficult to have significant success. And that being said, even with your undivided attention, it still may not be enough, thats the frustrating part, some suggestions I would give cappin the mountain is to keep race result charts, jot down track biases and learn the jocks and trainers tendancies. What I find so difficult about mnr is predicting how the track's going to play, it varies day to day, sometimes race to race. Secondly, in regard to current form, what you see is hardly what you ever get with horses at mnr. Gathering all this information, can become boring and tedious at times but it will pay off in the longrun and give you the edge you need, as per cliff smith signature, which rings true, he says, the harder I work, the luckier I get!

I would agree about the 100% of the effort angle to an extent, but I can usually hold my own pretty well without following a track or circuit very closely. Not so at the Mountain.

The one angle that over the years I've been somewhat successful with at the Mountain is track bias. Problem was the form of the horses varied to radically that even if a horse ran a good race against the bias three weeks ago, he might not lift a foot tonight.

Chris Longshot
03-08-2008, 02:06 PM
I can usually hold my own pretty well without following a track or circuit very closely. Not so at the Mountain.

Yeah, bit that was my point, I agree I can play other formful tracks and do okay with limited knowledge but mountaineer is a different animal altogether, track bias is important, but some place too much emphasis on it, I think because its so obvious at times. After looking at my charts, current form, pace, trainer angles, jockey angles, if the horse ran against a bias last out, thats just icing on top of the cake, but I still have to like the horse for some other reason. Some trainers will never win no matter how many angles they have in their favor, mountaineer still and probably always be an enigma for most of us, but that is what I guess draws people to it.

Buddha
03-08-2008, 03:00 PM
Is Rex Stokes racing at mountaineer again or is he sticking with turfway?

So far as I know, I would expect him to be back at Mountaineer full time. He has a house in WV and normally rides here. He was riding at Turfway because of the 4 days of racing, and many cancellations that MNR can have.

The Bit
03-08-2008, 04:37 PM
I can usually hold my own pretty well without following a track or circuit very closely. Not so at the Mountain.

Yeah, bit that was my point, I agree I can play other formful tracks and do okay with limited knowledge but mountaineer is a different animal altogether, track bias is important, but some place too much emphasis on it, I think because its so obvious at times. After looking at my charts, current form, pace, trainer angles, jockey angles, if the horse ran against a bias last out, thats just icing on top of the cake, but I still have to like the horse for some other reason. Some trainers will never win no matter how many angles they have in their favor, mountaineer still and probably always be an enigma for most of us, but that is what I guess draws people to it.

So, in your opinion track bias isn't the most important single factor you look at when handicapping the Mountain? Do you think there is one factor that sticks out above the rest?

What do you attribute the radically form swings to? Just poor, tired horses?

I give anyone that plays it seriously on a regular basis a lot of credit, most of the time I'm stumped.

GlenninOhio
03-08-2008, 04:45 PM
So far as I know, I would expect him to be back at Mountaineer full time. He has a house in WV and normally rides here. He was riding at Turfway because of the 4 days of racing, and many cancellations that MNR can have.

The going is getting tougher for Stokes at Turfway, what with the return of Brian Hernandez and Jesus Castanon.

And as we get to Lane's End day (in 2 weeks) you often see some top riders moving their tack to TP as a segue to Keeneland.

ponyplayerdotca
03-08-2008, 05:23 PM
According to the track list on their wagering site racelinebet.com, MNR is cancelled again tonight.

Chris Longshot
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM

I don't know for sure but I highly doubt that Rex is going to abandoned the mountain to ride full time at Turfway, Why would he? he gets to ride all the good horses at mnr, has solid connections, makes lots of money and is basically a god there along with Whitney, I've seen Rex's results at Turfway, its not like he's blowing up the joint down there, don't know his reasons for going, doubt the cancellations have much to do with, probably the higher purses at Turfway, I must admit I'm not sure but I have little doubt the mountain will be his home, at least for a while, just my opinion though.

Chris Longshot
03-08-2008, 05:38 PM
According to the track list on their wagering site racelinebet.com, MNR is cancelled again tonight.

pony, the sad thing is I can't envision anytime in the near future, where they could possibly run, don't be fooled by the nice warm day scheduled tomorrow, the track will thaw unevenly and they will have to cancel again, mon/tues rain/snow again, can't see them running this week, maybe next week, I hope I'm wrong.

Chris Longshot
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
So, in your opinion track bias isn't the most important single factor you look at when handicapping the Mountain? Do you think there is one factor that sticks out above the rest?

What do you attribute the radically form swings to? Just poor, tired horses?

I give anyone that plays it seriously on a regular basis a lot of credit, most of the time I'm stumped.

Right now, it is, because the track is so tilted towards inside speed. The rail has been solid for weeks now, even with the string of cancellations, I doubt it changes but generally speaking, the horses go as the barns go, meaning if a trainer has it going, current form becomes less important, the reason why a lot of horses change form a lot is a combination of a change of trainer or a hot trainer, I don't care what the form looks like also horses exited competitive events(key race). Track bias is very important, especially at the mountain, not sure if its the single most important factor though.

Chris Longshot
03-09-2008, 01:37 PM
mnr cancelled 3/9/08

Buddha
03-09-2008, 03:26 PM
don't know his reasons for going, doubt the cancellations have much to do with, probably the higher purses at Turfway,

Are you serious about the purses? MNR purses are much better than TP, but of course when MNR isn't running, the purses aren't that great :lol: :lol:

Chris Longshot
03-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Are you serious about the purses? MNR purses are much better than TP, but of course when MNR isn't running, the purses aren't that great :lol: :lol:

thanks for the info, buddah, know nothing about TP I must admit, just assumed, my mistake.

Buddha
03-09-2008, 09:03 PM
thanks for the info, buddah, know nothing about TP I must admit, just assumed, my mistake.

No biggie. Basically, when it comes to MNR, I feel that I know my fair share, and know enough people to find out what I don't know. Most of the jocks I am friends with, and a bunch of trainers I know as well.