PDA

View Full Version : 70%!!

bigmack
03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
I had a discussion with a chum about single parenthood within black communities. Nationally, I believe it's something like 45% and in Detroit it's 70%.

His position was that it's complete moral degradation. I had little in the way of a retort.

How can this go on and people just accept it?

Dave Schwartz
03-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Mack,

I read an article in US News about 10 years ago that pegged that figure at 66%.

Dave

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
78% of children born of black mothers in Cincinnati are fatherless ........that was a stat from the Cincy Enquirer last year

bigmack
03-04-2008, 08:05 PM
Mack,

I read an article in US News about 10 years ago that pegged that figure at 66%.
My Goodness, what is going on? It's unconscionable. How can these men justify their behavior?

chickenhead
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
It's very sad. Generation after generation wasting away in a bleak world. A big part of the fatherless epidemic lays at the feet of drugs and associated crime, and the associated penal time.

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 08:24 PM
It is a cultural issue..............which is a disgrace that can only be solved within the black community. And nobody wants to talk about it.

It is directly responsible for 4 out of every 10 black men having served prison time in this country. It is also a contributing factor as to why 47% of America's prison population is black.

bigmack
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
It truly is sad. How is that with anyone of these Black leaders, not one of them can make it their cause? Just one step forward and champion a movement to declare what a shameful state of affairs it is.

People sit and watch this Maury idiot with his moronic paternity shows and could care less about the kids that grow up without appropriate direction. Sounds like these deadbeat dudes need to pony-up some reparations to all these fatherless kids.

What a mess.

ENOTE96
03-04-2008, 08:50 PM
the women have a say to they let it happen more kids=more$ from welfare programs for the men its the more kids the higher the status with your boys

Tom
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
63% in Rochester, NY.
Graduation rate is 39%.

This is the result of liberal democrat policies. Nice going, boys.

Marshall Bennett
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
78% of children born of black mothers in Cincinnati are fatherless ........that was a stat from the Cincy Enquirer last year
They have fathers ... just don't know who they are !! :cool:

46zilzal
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
63% in Rochester, NY.
Graduation rate is 39%.

This is the result of liberal democrat policies. Nice going, boys.
Bull shit. Personal choices have nothing to do with anyone OTHER than the person.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Bull shit. Personal choices have nothing to do with anyone OTHER than the person.You're so blind. And by the use of bull shit, I see a nerve has been struck.

Tom
03-04-2008, 11:32 PM
Personal choices?
What a dumb thing to say! :lol::lol::lol:

Hank
03-05-2008, 12:08 AM
Gentlemen I must say your concern about the plight of the poor fatherless blacks is heartwarming.:lol:

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 02:05 AM
Bull shit. Personal choices have nothing to do with anyone OTHER than the person.

I am sure that those who are in their 3rd generation living in the projects are choosing to live there. This is a cultural problem wherein those who need to make better choices don't or feel that they can't. For whatever reason. We could talk about this all day.........it is a national disgrace fostered by the handouts we provide. A continual dis-incentive is created. There is no reason for this to continue. But just tonight we glorify and praise two candidates (actually three) on 10 ten different networks, who want to continue the status quo. Who stand before thousands promising more and more handouts. Sadly it will not change.........

shanta
03-05-2008, 08:51 AM
I meet twice a month with a group of 4 young African American men (16-19) who were raised without a dad in the home. The number was six but 1 got killed in a drive by while the other is off to a 4 year college on a partial scholarship.

The one word that stands out most to me thinking of them is LOVE. Sounds corny I know but it's real man. Give these young men some attention and guidance (how to shave, hot to tie a tie,respect women etc) and their eyes light up with hope and appreciation. They never had a male role model to influence them positively.

I've gotten very close with "my kids" and believe me when I say I get as much out of the relationship as they do.

We are all "connected"

betchatoo
03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I am sure that those who are in their 3rd generation living in the projects are choosing to live there. This is a cultural problem wherein those who need to make better choices don't or feel that they can't. For whatever reason. We could talk about this all day.........it is a national disgrace fostered by the handouts we provide. A continual dis-incentive is created. There is no reason for this to continue. But just tonight we glorify and praise two candidates (actually three) on 10 ten different networks, who want to continue the status quo. Who stand before thousands promising more and more handouts. Sadly it will not change.........
Ralph:
And this is serious, not a slam. what has the current, non-liberal President done about fixing the problem? ANd how do we make inroads into correcting this problem?

GaryG
03-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Ralph:
And this is serious, not a slam. what has the current, non-liberal President done about fixing the problem? ANd how do we make inroads into correcting this problem?This problem can't be fixed by our current non-liberal president or any other president. No amount of welfare, housing or anything else will make the families strong. It has to come from within and the idealization of the jailbird culture in the media sure doesn't help. The role models are pimps and dope dealers.

betchatoo
03-05-2008, 09:12 AM
This problem can't be fixed by our current non-liberal president or any other president. No amount of welfare, housing or anything else will make the families strong. It has to come from within and the idealization of the jailbird culture in the media sure doesn't help. The role models are pimps and dope dealers.
Thank you Gary. That's exactly my point. Making this about the presidential candidates is ridiculous. The question is how to find more Shanta's. People who will give young blacks direction and hope out of the awful spiral in which they've been trapped.

Grits
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
This problem can't be fixed by our current non-liberal president or any other president. No amount of welfare, housing or anything else will make the families strong. It has to come from within

I know everyone is familiar with Bill Cosby and Dr.Alvin Poussaint's recent book, "C'mon People."

.........The problems begin and end, and rightfully so, within the black community, the African American families themselves. But, they DO NOT like being told they are their own cause of so many of their own problems; therefore, THEY are the individuals that should be held responsible.

A quick google search will turn up the vehemence that has been hurled at Cosby and Poussaint by others in the black community.

Entitlement is a powerful thing. It, too, is a choice, a powerful choice. It can, and does, rival pride and hope.

Shanta is holding a door open showing another way. And that is always a positive thing.

Tom
03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
You have to take away the safety net and let people know that we will stand by and let them fail. No other way around it. Then let them fail. Those that have any guts or drive will find ways to succeed ( oher than selling drugs and robbing other people). Those, we offer a hand. And it goes for anyone who wants to ride for free. Nuh-uh. Failure is not only an option, it is a strategy.

jonnielu
03-05-2008, 10:03 AM

When you have a vote buying government rewarding those personal choices, it has much to do with factors that lie outside of the person.

jdl

GaryG
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
A quick google search will turn up the vehemence that has been hurled at Cosby and Poussaint by others in the black community.They prefer to be told that they are oppressed by the white powers that be "the man". Take it back from whitey, no justice, no peace. Richie (Shanta) is a hell of a better man that I.

chickenhead
03-05-2008, 10:37 AM
You have to take away the safety net and let people know that we will stand by and let them fail. No other way around it. Then let them fail. Those that have any guts or drive will find ways to succeed ( oher than selling drugs and robbing other people). Those, we offer a hand. And it goes for anyone who wants to ride for free. Nuh-uh. Failure is not only an option, it is a strategy.

But they are failing already, is the problem. The communities have failed. They need some good role models in the community to show them how to do it. There is a huge inertia to this failure, obviously.

About the only thing that could help is a Peace Corps like squad of successful people, that literally goes in and gets intensive, one neighborhood at a time.

jballscalls
03-05-2008, 11:20 AM
those are scary numbers!! do you guys have any informations about fatherless rates of white, hispanic and asian families just for comparisons sake??

46zilzal
03-05-2008, 11:42 AM
About the only thing that could help is a Peace Corps like squad of successful people, that literally goes in and gets intensive, one neighborhood at a time.
Excellent idea. Should also bring back a version of the Civilian Conservation Corps.

Tom
03-05-2008, 11:46 AM
But they are failing already, is the problem. The communities have failed. They need some good role models in the community to show them how to do it. There is a huge inertia to this failure, obviously.

They are not failing - they are succeeding. Failing means no more checks. No more handouts. Right now, they WANT the free money and are getting it. That is success. To them.

jballscalls
03-05-2008, 11:50 AM
They are not failing - they are succeeding. Failing means no more checks. No more handouts. Right now, they WANT the free money and are getting it. That is success. To them.

do you know anyone that gets a check?? have they told you this??

ddog
03-05-2008, 12:41 PM
It truly is sad. How is that with anyone of these Black leaders, not one of them can make it their cause? Just one step forward and champion a movement to declare what a shameful state of affairs it is.

People sit and watch this Maury idiot with his moronic paternity shows and could care less about the kids that grow up without appropriate direction. Sounds like these deadbeat dudes need to pony-up some reparations to all these fatherless kids.

What a mess.

I would like to get "the" list of "Black Leaders" from you?

Then , maybe I can help you out a bit.

Oh, give me the list of "White Leaders" or even non-black leaders while you are at it.

Then maybe we could get down to some of your issues?

shanta
03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
People who will give young blacks direction and hope out of the awful spiral in which they've been trapped.

Bingo!
This is NOT going to happen from some President or political party or ideaology. Shit that's real easy to write about,

It starts by each of us as human beings reaching out and touching ONE young man/woman in a positive way.

Could be the kid you see working at the local market who one day you start a conversation with asking about school. If they attend you compliment them about focusing on education. If they don't you make a point to look them in the eye and tell them something like"I just assumed that a responsible hard working young man like yourself would be in school.Education leads to a better life and I think you are very smart."

You have just made someone feel SPECIAL and remember we have no idea of what that child is going home to ok? If it is meant to be that young person will start talking to you and now things have changed haven't they? I'll stop here for now.

Gary G - I'm no better than anyone man. I have just chosen to continue doing something(mentoring) that was initially forced on me due to BAD life choices I made that found me behind bars and away from society for 2 years ending in 2002.

When one of my kids got killed in a drive by I found myself in tears at his funeral. Here I was a white Italian/Irish man surrounded by African Americans in a black church in Brooklyn. Realized how close we had become in the 3 years we had known each other.

When I drove up to my Mom's house on her birthday 2 years ago I saw 2 of "my kids" sitting in the family room sitting with her. I asked what the heck was going on. They told me they decided to surprise my Mom with her favorite dish (shrimp scampi) on her birthday. Took 2 trains and a bus to get from their homes to New Rochelle. I could see how happy and touched Mom was and we all spent the day together.

That night when I was driving them back home I told them how special they were and that they had to finish their education and get out of the projects so the world could see their goodness. I also told them I loved them like they were my sons and I meant it.

We are ALL connected.

Tom
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM

There are multiple levels of checks out there. Welfare, WIC, food stamps....are you saying no one is getting checks for nothing?
They even hand out what are called on the street as "stupid checks."

46zilzal
03-05-2008, 12:46 PM
We are ALL connected.
True

bigmack
03-05-2008, 12:52 PM
those are scary numbers!! do you guys have any informations about fatherless rates of white, hispanic and asian families just for comparisons sake??
Why am I under the impression that you think the topic was brought up for dubious reasons? Can't the issue be open for discourse without fear that somone like yourself will accuse others of "picking" on a select group.

What stirs in you when you see ridiculously high rates of destructive behavior - An accusatory nature of those that find concern? How odd.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/96-1.jpg

ddog
03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I meet twice a month with a group of 4 young African American men (16-19) who were raised without a dad in the home. The number was six but 1 got killed in a drive by while the other is off to a 4 year college on a partial scholarship.

The one word that stands out most to me thinking of them is LOVE. Sounds corny I know but it's real man. Give these young men some attention and guidance (how to shave, hot to tie a tie,respect women etc) and their eyes light up with hope and appreciation. They never had a male role model to influence them positively.

I've gotten very close with "my kids" and believe me when I say I get as much out of the relationship as they do.

We are all "connected"

God Bless you.

NOW to the "others" who seem puzzled according to the posts:

If you can't understand how this can be going on in such a great country , why not get invloved in it and see if you can figure it out then?
Maybe you will be the "one".

If we could be moving people to productive citizens then would not the "costs" you are worried about go down.
Since the gvt is not helping from your perspective and can't do anything well , then why do you insist on playing that self-defeating game?

Failure of a country is your failure as well, or are you not "in" this anymore?

GaryG
03-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Since the gvt is not helping from your perspective and can't do anything well , then why do you insist on playing that self-defeating game?

Failure of a country is your failure as well, or are you not "in" this anymore?Just what are you doing about it?

skate
03-05-2008, 01:40 PM
My Goodness, what is going on? It's unconscionable. How can these men justify their behavior?

Good God, this has been a problem for at least 30 years.

It's so far imbued into our society, i do not even consider the situation anymore.

It use to be, they made money that way, might still be the case.

Wait, i'm gonna check the date on your post...just to Justify Things.:lol:

riskman
03-05-2008, 02:51 PM
The starting point in any consideration of any reform is this question: Who is responsible for solving the problem?

We remember the old line: "If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem." The state, in the name of being the solution of last resort, has become a major problem. It has eroded the authority of people who can maintain responsibility only by paying for it: by sacrifice, productivity, and vision.

The state provides "free" money to single mothers. Lo and behold, fathers flee the coop. The illegitimacy rate in 1920 was higher for black families than for whites, but not by much. The rates were low: single digits. Today, close to 25% of white children are born outside of wedlock. The figure is two-thirds for black families, and in some urban areas, over 80%. Nothing on this scale existed prior to the New Deal of the 1930s.

The government invaded areas of family responsibility, claiming that males had abandoned their responsibility. The state has handed out hundreds of billions of dollars in the ghettos since 1965. Result: the destruction of ghetto families. Socially, the black urban ghetto is worse today than it was in 1965. Crime is higher, illegitimacy is higher, high school drop-out rates are higher, and despair is higher. Yet the governments policies do not change. The money keeps flowing from taxpayers to dependents, creating resentment in both groups. The taxpayers cry "too much," while the recipients cry "not enough."

The bureaucrats tell us that the poor residents of the ghetto cannot earn a living in a free market that respects private property. What is needed, we are assured, is a state welfare system funded by stolen taxpayers’ money, which is then doled out by middle-class bureaucrats who are protected by Civil Service laws.

Government is not the solution. Another program is not the solution. Most voters know this, yet most voters, like the addicts in the ghetto, cannot pull the needle out of their arms. It’s the needle of false diagnosis, the needle that says, "If I just pay more taxes, this horror will stop at my city’s borders." It won’t.

Sometimes, out of frustration I wish the government would suffer a major financial crisis leading to massive reductions in the size of the government and its massive work force. This would have several advantages, not the least of which will be its inability to put more people on the dole and force local communties to take care of their own.As with withdrawing from methadone, let alone heroin, there will be pain. You and I may face our share. But pain is easier to bear when you know that the long-run effect of this pain is the restoration of health. It is not that a good system is coming to an end. It is that an inherently corrupting system is coming to an end.

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 03:13 PM

Let's just say what Tom is saying is true. And I can tell you that I see it. My wife has 125 employee's and every so often one quits or declines a promotion because to take the promotion would decrease their benefits from the state. Recently a young girl quit because "I am pregnant again and with this baby I can afford to live on my own without working"

The welfare reform of the mid 90's changed things, but there are still many who get around the reform.

Recently she promoted an employee who at first declined the promotion. She sat down with her and discovered that she had 3 Children at home from 2 different fathers (black men) and the raise she would obtain from the promotion would cost her some benefits from the state. After working through the numbers my wife actually offered to give her a raise above the normal for the promotion, to make up for the lost benefits. She flatly declined because "once you get out of the program" it's too hard to get back in. I might need to get back in some day and I am not going to take a chance until "my kids are grown" This employee ended up accepting the promotion and through some very creative ways...........she makes more money but doesn't affect her state benefits. My wife really wanted to promote this individual and they found a way

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 03:27 PM
betchoo, Gary stole my thunder on my answer to you. I was merely pointing out the 3 candidates who we are all watching on TV vying for the Presidency are all doing nothing but promising more handouts. 2 more than the other, but you get the point.

Some great comments in this thread.

1 A new CCC or Peace corp is a handout.

2. This has become a ubiquitous problem that is ignored by the white community. And for good reason.

3 The "Black community" won't allow outsiders in to help. Proven fact. It has been tried often and rarely succeeds.

4 Every day the black community does things as a whole to further remove itself from the rest of the community.

example: Not far from my house in Charlotte about two weeks ago a 12 year old boy was shot on the street in a half ass drive by. He was not the primary target but was standing behind the real target. The city was up in arms about it. two weeks later the "60 witnesses" who were standing in the area when the shooting occurred have "all" refused to speak to the police with any substantive information. In fact a few have actually told the police they know who the shooters were, but they can't "break the code" and tell. I heard an interview on a Charlotte radio station with a Charlotte PD Detective where he explained that this "break the code" mentality is a somewhat new thing in the Charlotte area. Lots of talk on this one..........I have been back in Ohio for a few days and haven't heard much more about it...................but these types of events move the line between communities further and further apart.

shanta
03-05-2008, 03:39 PM
3 The "Black community" won't allow outsiders in to help. Proven fact. It has been tried often and rarely succeeds.

4 Every day the black community does things as a whole to further remove itself from the rest of the community.

Respectfully disagree JR.

If you show up dictating to others what they should/shouldn't do then there will be a problem.

Treat people with respect and then back up the words with ACTIONS and then come back and tell me what you quoted.

The only "proven fact" is when YOU do something personally and get accepted/rejected. Everything else is worthless

Could give a crap about stats, etc.

My experience is 180 degrees opposite of what you write. Thank God

46zilzal
03-05-2008, 04:17 PM
Biggots...always thinking how UNIQUE they are.

Imagine characterizing a group of people by being left handed?

All those damn Dr. Pepper drinkers do _________
You have to watch out for all those Buick drivers.
Bearded men behave _________________.
Women with pierced ears are terrorists.

The list is endless. Grouping judgment on a people by having a physical characteristic in common. Original thinking!! Things like that always are at the root of genocide whether it is physical or cultural.

Consider the sourse.

chickenhead
03-05-2008, 04:24 PM
1 A new CCC or Peace corp is a handout.

Charity work is charity work. I personally think that is a crazy way to look at it. Throwing money over a fence isn't going to fix anything.... we've tried that. That does not mean that personal involvement can't help to fix things. It's not a handout at all.

GaryG
03-05-2008, 04:39 PM

The list is endless. Grouping judgment on a people by having a physical characteristic in common. Original thinking!! Things like that always are at the root of genocide whether it is physical or cultural.

Consider the sourse.Is this the mindless babble that it appears to be or do you actually have a point? BTW bigots has only one g.

bigmack
03-05-2008, 04:42 PM

Consider the sourse.
Source is with a c and bigot has one g.

As a bigot is someone who holds predefined negative views about a class of people wouldn't that strongly apply to your view of people in the military as PA previously alluded?

I read somewhere about the black family crisis though I've misplaced the link:
In truth, though, the situation is so critical – and its elements so interconnected and self-perpetuating – that there is no wrong place to begin. When you find yourself in this sort of a hole, someone once said, the first thing to do is stop digging.

46zilzal
03-05-2008, 04:46 PM
It is WHAT the military does, not the military.

People that gullible are really strange.

bigmack
03-05-2008, 04:56 PM
People that gullible are really strange.
Just think of what people say of those that choose to lift boxes into & out of a truck for a living. Do people say they're just plain grunts or strange?

For someone who dislikes people playing dimestore Psychologist with your intentions you sure are loose with playing that role for others. You think they made their decision because of gullibility and that they're strange? My, how confused can one disenfranchised American get?

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Respectfully disagree JR.

If you show up dictating to others what they should/shouldn't do then there will be a problem.

Treat people with respect and then back up the words with ACTIONS and then come back and tell me what you quoted.

The only "proven fact" is when YOU do something personally and get accepted/rejected. Everything else is worthless

Could give a crap about stats, etc.

My experience is 180 degrees opposite of what you write. Thank God

Good for you. My experience is different. Kudo's to you.

dutchboy
03-05-2008, 07:08 PM
Maybe Earl Butz was right!

robert99
03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
We have 20.2% fatherless families in UK, overall it is 22% in USA and it is the same desperate cultural problem within the black community. It is most unusual for any father to be around long, if at all. Many of the women throw them out of the house. Black women in UK seem the reverse of their men folk and are better educated, harder working and more responsible - some 40% lone mothers work to give their children a better life. The sad cycle just repeats as the boys grow up not to expect to stay around - no one did for them, except mum. The girls work hard at school as they know they will need a good job as future head of the family.

USA and UK statistics translate to mean that children from a fatherless home are:

* 5 times more likely to commit suicide
* 32 times more likely to run away
* 20 times more likely to have behavioural disorders
* 14 times more likely to commit rape (boys)
* 9 times more likely to drop out of high school
* 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
* 9 times more likely to end up in a state-operated institution
* 20 times more likely to end up in prison

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
* 5 times more likely to commit suicide
* 32 times more likely to run away
* 20 times more likely to have behavioural disorders
* 14 times more likely to commit rape (boys)
* 9 times more likely to drop out of high school
* 10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
* 9 times more likely to end up in a state-operated institution
* 20 times more likely to end up in prison

These are amazing numbers. Shocking and Amazing!!!

Tom
03-05-2008, 11:55 PM
And as ususal, 46, the biggest bigot here, is totally off base,off topic, wrong, and mis-spells it. :lol: Can you ever participate in a dicussion without twisting it around to your warped way of thinking?

Try reading posts before you reply to them. Then don't.

shanta
03-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Mr.Cosby and Dr. Pouisant are on Oprah right now speaking to this thread's title

bigmack
03-06-2008, 10:59 PM
Mr.Cosby and Dr. Pouisant are on Oprah right now speaking to this thread's title
While 50 Cent and Ludicris are elsewhere on the dial somewhere spewing a whole different message.

Any hope that Cosby and a Harvard educated black man named Pouisant are going to have any effect against pop culture with this problem? FAT CHANCE.

You mean there's not a soul worth their salt giving enough of a damn to lead a change to this sinking ship? Sharpton & Jesse already know that change is impossible or that they'll be castigated like Cosby?

Pathetic is what it is.

Tom
03-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Sharpton and Jesse have thier own agendas that do not include anyone but Sharpton and Jesse.

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2008, 02:43 AM

Consider the sourse.You're guilty as well, in multiple threads. Damn hypocrite doesn't even know it.....:lol:

ljb
03-07-2008, 07:53 AM
You're guilty as well, in multiple threads. Damn hypocrite doesn't even know it.....:lol:
I don't recall seeing 46 group people by physical characteristics. Could you help me find a note where he has done so ? Thanks so much for your help.

shanta
03-07-2008, 09:52 AM

This generation of black youth aren't numbers,stats or percentages. They are living breathing young ones with absolutely NO positive male role models to look to for guidance on finding their "life's path".

Bigmack speaks of 2 rappers the kids idolize.He's right on the money with that. They have been EXPOSED to nothing else. Some will be lost to this mentality and gangsta lifestyle. That's fact.
================================================== =======

However SOME will want something different when seeing there is life outside the projects. A life with trees,streams,fresh air,books and education,

SOME will cling to you with a look of almost desperation. Their eyes saying "please help me.I'm scared and don't want to live like this anymore. Please help me".

SOME are waiting to bring a joy to your life unimagined until experienced first hand. The first time one of the kids you are mentoring runs up with good news about school and hugs you,looks you in the eye and says "I did it! Thank you for helping me" you will know what I mean.

In the next 48 hours everyone reading this thread will come across at least a couple of young ones. Instead of looking away because they might be wearing jeans 3 sizes to big and their butts almost showing look em in the eye and say hi. They are NOT what they are wearing. Thats the cover done up right so they "fit in" with what surrounds them back home. I call it a "mask hiding one's soul" when I talk to kids.

Just a simple "Hi" or "Hello" to start. After that who knows man. You might have stumbled onto one of the "SOME" that will change your life as you help change/mold theirs.

In case anyone chooses to get a bit involved here are a few observations learned from doing this over the last 7 1/2 years.
1) They see through all fake shit immediately. It's scary.

2) They CRAVE positive things said about them.Where they come from they usually do not get it.

3) Show them "another way" to live (away from the projects,drugs etc) and then HELP them with your time and HONESTY to seek that out and you have friends for life.

4) If we say we are going to do something(call on phone,meet them at such a time,find them a book,whatever) we MUST do it. These kids have been lied to,bullshitted to and let down all their lives. We NEED to show them we do what we say we are going to do.

4 of my kids told me this was the one thing that they loved about me when we were together in our discussion group. When I said I was doing something for them I did it. This was their feedback so I pass it along.

We are ALL connected.
Richie

Tom
03-07-2008, 09:54 AM

You see 46 used three examples and two were not physical characteristics, so it is fair game for us to use his biggotry towards polices and soldiers, since he himself did not limit the dicussion to physicality. We only play by his rules, and, although once again confused, he set the parameters for discussion.
Word mean things.

PaceAdvantage
03-07-2008, 10:31 AM
I don't recall seeing 46 group people by physical characteristics. Could you help me find a note where he has done so ? Thanks so much for your help.No, you're right. 46 loves everyone....especially members of the military.....he's not bigoted against those "mindless drones"

robert99
03-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Shanta,

:ThmbUp:

It is the same here.
The older generation are really scared of even getting that close to these kids.
Those kids then think the older generation despise them and that they really are worthless in society.
Government fund schemes and just as they get working pull the funds and the kids feel even more abandoned.
The Good Samaritan's may be the only way to break this spiral of misery.

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
No, you're right. 46 loves everyone....especially members of the military.....he's not bigoted against those "mindless drones"
The military creates the "espirit de corps" which is don't think, just do........

What baloney. The whole concept of not thinking is outrageous.

JustRalph
03-07-2008, 12:28 PM
No, you're right. 46 loves everyone....especially members of the military.....he's not bigoted against those "mindless drones"

Don't forget cops and CCW holders....................

and Taser salesmen................... :lol:

skate
03-07-2008, 01:23 PM
The military creates the "espirit de corps" which is don't think, just do........

What baloney. The whole concept of not thinking is outrageous.

most can recognize, between respect and Not Thinking.

But but Butt, a good example for slow peeps, would be Rank. If the leader is lost, the next in line can and will TAKE OVER what you refer to as "don't think".

What military really creates.;)

ddog
03-07-2008, 02:38 PM
This generation of black youth aren't numbers,stats or percentages. They are living breathing young ones with absolutely NO positive male role models to look to for guidance on finding their "life's path".

Bigmack speaks of 2 rappers the kids idolize.He's right on the money with that. They have been EXPOSED to nothing else. Some will be lost to this mentality and gangsta lifestyle. That's fact.

However SOME will want something different when seeing there is life outside the projects. A life with trees,streams,fresh air,books and education,

SOME will cling to you with a look of almost desperation. Their eyes saying "please help me.I'm scared and don't want to live like this anymore. Please help me".

SOME are waiting to bring a joy to your life unimagined until experienced first hand. The first time one of the kids you are mentoring runs up with good news about school and hugs you,looks you in the eye and says "I did it! Thank you for helping me" you will know what I mean.

In the next 48 hours everyone reading this thread will come across at least a couple of young ones. Instead of looking away because they might be wearing jeans 3 sizes to big and their butts almost showing look em in the eye and say hi. They are NOT what they are wearing. Thats the cover done up right so they "fit in" with what surrounds them back home. I call it a "mask hiding one's soul" when I talk to kids.

Just a simple "Hi" or "Hello" to start. After that who knows man. You might have stumbled onto one of the "SOME" that will change your life as you help change/mold theirs.

In case anyone chooses to get a bit involved here are a few observations learned from doing this over the last 7 1/2 years.
1) They see through all fake shit immediately. It's scary.

2) They CRAVE positive things said about them.Where they come from they usually do not get it.

3) Show them "another way" to live (away from the projects,drugs etc) and then HELP them with your time and HONESTY to seek that out and you have friends for life.

4) If we say we are going to do something(call on phone,meet them at such a time,find them a book,whatever) we MUST do it. These kids have been lied to,bullshitted to and let down all their lives. We NEED to show them we do what we say we are going to do.

4 of my kids told me this was the one thing that they loved about me when we were together in our discussion group. When I said I was doing something for them I did it. This was their feedback so I pass it along.

We are ALL connected.
Richie

Richie,

Now THIS IS THE POST OF THE YEAR FROM MY PERSPECTIVE.

I have seen the same as you say in my experience.

thanks again for the post, you got it up here better than I could have.

Thanks again.

skate
03-07-2008, 03:02 PM
oh my god, just look at this and it was right before our very eyes.

Be nice:jump: