PDA

View Full Version : Obama and Jesus

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 06:13 PM
Isn't it odd that Obama can say "I PRAY TO JESUS EVERY NIGHT," and not a FREAKING PEEP is heard from the loony left?

But, heaven forbid, Bush is ever found to say he prays or looks to God for spiritual guidance....then it's just posted all over by the loony left that it's proof we're headed for a THEOCRACY!!!!

All this time, we were being led to believe that being religious was DANGEROUS, that religion in the public square was UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and that having a president (especially one named George W. Bush) who even hinted at prayer or the Bible meant that the religious right was about to take over!!!

Can you, for even one minute, explain the hypocrisy?

DJofSD
03-04-2008, 06:21 PM
I heard some a specific AM talk radio program yesterday where some of the statements from Obama were read. He thinks he can rationalize his current positions and still call himself a moral person.

Bull sh*t.

He's about as immoral as they come.

Any one care to guess where he got his initial bank roll to run for the office of President of the United States?

Grits
03-04-2008, 06:38 PM
Isn't it odd that Obama can say "I PRAY TO JESUS EVERY NIGHT," and not a FREAKING PEEP is heard from the loony left?

But, heaven forbid, Bush is ever found to say he prays or looks to God for spiritual guidance....then it's just posted all over by the loony left that it's proof we're headed for a THEOCRACY!!!!

All this time, we were being led to believe that being religious was DANGEROUS, that religion in the public square was UNCONSTITUTIONAL, and that having a president (especially one named George W. Bush) who even hinted at prayer or the Bible meant that the religious right was about to take over!!!

Where HAVE you been for so many days, PA? For sake of enlightenment, can I direct you to the now, 27+ page SLEEPING GIANT that had to do with church and state.....you can find everything you EVER wanted to know about left, right, middle, wherever. Just glimpse don't fully open the lid, please.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I've been on vacation....lol

But seriously, can someone please explain how Barry Obama can proudly exclaim "I PRAY TO JESUS EVERY NIGHT," but when Bush says similar, he's labeled a religious wacko?

wonatthewire1
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM

But seriously, can someone please explain how Barry Obama can proudly exclaim "I PRAY TO JESUS EVERY NIGHT," but when Bush says similar, he's labeled a religious wacko?

Barry is more convincing?

;)

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 08:16 PM

Complete duplicity is the norm on the Dem side.

Try this one;

In the days just prior to the 2000 election they broke the story about GW Bush's drunk driving conviction and then immediately thereafter they started talking about his alleged cocaine use in college. They also say he was actually arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 etc. They tried to use this as a reason to not elect him. The same stuff came up again in 2004 etc.

Yet, Barack Obama admits to using and possessing cocaine in his book.

Tell me why this isn't a reason to deny Barack Obama the Presidency, when it was touted as a reason not to vote for Bush? Very similar to the Dems treatment of sexual peccadilloes involving Dems versus Repubs. Dems don't ask their side to resign, in fact they re-elect them .

Duplicity of the highest order

Cangamble
03-04-2008, 08:40 PM

There is nothing wrong with praying on your own time, or even admitting it.
I'd like to know what the definition of LEFT is. People like to use it to paint a whole lot of people as Godless for example, when in fact at least 80% of Dems believe in God, and probably most pray to Jesus too.

Clinton or Obama don't appear to threaten separation of church and state, neither does McCain. But Huckabee......BLECH.

The Judge
03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
to a round of attacks. He was being called Muslem which he is not. He was clarifing what his religion was. Othrwise his oppositon would get an unfair advantage. Why would he being up prayer or Jesus for no reason ?

Whats wrong with that.

Dave Schwartz
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
There is nothing wrong with praying on your own time, or even admitting it.

Thank you!

I was really concerned about that.
:rolleyes:

Dave

Tom
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Makes as much sense as don't ask, don't tell.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 11:06 PM
Clinton or Obama don't appear to threaten separation of church and state, neither does McCain. But Huckabee......BLECH.Who said anything about Huckabee here? Read my first post again, then come back and comment.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 11:07 PM
to a round of attacks. He was being called Muslem which he is not. He was clarifing what his religion was. Othrwise his oppositon would get an unfair advantage. Why would he being up prayer or Jesus for no reason ?

Whats wrong with that.Do you want to address the hypocrisy, or not?

Cangamble
03-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Who said anything about Huckabee here? Read my first post again, then come back and comment.
Bush is closer to Huckabee than he is McCain. Bush appealed to the Fundy Right hands down. That is why I made the comparison.
Bush represented a less separation of church and state than McCain, Clinton, and Obama seem to represent.
To be fair, I think Bush did a very good job separating church and state during his 8 years, so it is mainly a perception problem.
But many secularists have a problem with someone who God speaks to. They don't have that much of a problem with those who speak to God (through prayer).

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Bush is closer to Huckabee than he is McCain. Bush appealed to the Fundy Right hands down. That is why I made the comparison.
Bush represented a less separation of church and state than McCain, Clinton, and Obama seem to represent.
To be fair, I think Bush did a very good job separating church and state during his 8 years, so it is mainly a perception problem.
But many secularists have a problem with someone who God speaks to. They don't have that much of a problem with those who speak to God (through prayer).Even your reply is hypocritical. Bush is closer to Huckabee, but on the other hand, Bush did very good job separating church and state? Huh?

Come on man....just admit it....Obama gets the pass for proclaiming his devout religious leanings, and Bush gets called a religious wacko for no reason whatsoever (one time, it was even based on some flimsy news report from some foreign country).

Cangamble
03-04-2008, 11:29 PM
Even your reply is hypocritical. Bush is closer to Huckabee, but on the other hand, Bush did very good job separating church and state? Huh?

Come on man....just admit it....Obama gets the pass for proclaiming his devout religious leanings, and Bush gets called a religious wacko for no reason whatsoever (one time, it was even based on some flimsy news report from some foreign country).
Bush is perceived closer to Huckabee or visa versa.
Again, Bush said that God talked to him. That puts him in the religious right big time.
Praying to God and/or Jesus at home isn't a biggie. I'm no fan that it was mentioned at all, but I assume all the candidates have mentioned God a few times in the campaign.
I'm no Obama fan either. I don't think he is right because of the war with Islam. He seems too sympathetic.
I'm pretty sure I've heard Hillary mention God and same with McCain.
You can't get elected in the US without mentioning God.

PaceAdvantage
03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
Again, Bush said that God talked to him.So, you too are putting more faith in this former Palestinian foreign minister than your own President? Unreal.....

Yeah, Bush said God spoke to him, if you believe this:

A senior White House official has denied that the US president, George Bush, said God ordered him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

A spokesman for Mr Bush, Scott McClellan, said the claims, to be broadcast in a TV documentary later this month, were "absurd".

In the BBC film, a former Palestinian foreign minister, Nabil Shaath, says that Mr Bush told a Palestinian delegation in 2003 that God spoke to him and said: "George, go and fight these terrorists in Afghanistan" and also "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq".

During a White House press briefing (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/10/20051006-6.html), Mr McClellan said: "No, that's absurd. He's never made such comments."

Full link here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2005/oct/07/usa.jamessturcke

Cangamble
03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
I honestly didn't know that was debunked to tell you the truth or the source.
I would never trust a Palestinian spokesman even if he was giving soccer results.

DanG
03-05-2008, 07:48 AM
The ultimate political issue.

Completely divisive and motivates a fervent voting block. What more could our “united” :rolleyes: American leadership hope for?

Tom
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Fewer democrats?:D

DanG
03-05-2008, 08:02 AM
Fewer democrats?:D
Can’t argue there Tom! :)

As long as you throw out an equal # of Republican’s while you’re at it. I’m for dismantling the foundation just as Thomas Jefferson said we SHOULD do every couple decades. The man understood human nature and the inevitable political cycles they would produce.

DJofSD
03-05-2008, 08:24 AM
After seeing this book (http://search.barnesandnoble.com/The-Conservative-Ascendancy/Donald-T-Critchlow/e/9780674026209/?itm=1) discussed on BookTV last weekend, I'm tempted to buy a copy to read.

betchatoo
03-05-2008, 09:03 AM
Politicians and babies should be changed often...and for the same reason

jballscalls
03-05-2008, 11:03 AM

getting back to the original question. Why would we (the looney left) make a peep against our guy?? The goal for this election for most left i'm sure is to get the repubs out of the office and get a dem in. So why would we (the looney left) call out the guy who has the best chance at beating mccain.

Of course if Bush is a bibler, we're gonna make a big deal about it, he's not on our team. Thats what its all about right, the party winning!! Pathetic!!

Having the power of the media behind us (cause we control it right?) will allow us to keep everything about Obama and Hillary under raps. And at the same time, we can print anything bad that comes out against mccain.

is it hypocritical to 'call out' Bush for believing and not Obama?? of course. but its just fair play, as both sides are hypocritical on so many things, that you bringing up this particular act of hyporisy, is almost hyprocritical itself. Unless of course you post examples of the right being hypocritical themselves. If you do, then you'd be FAIR AND BALANCED.

rastajenk
03-05-2008, 02:53 PM
Or creative.

Greyfox
03-05-2008, 03:55 PM
Vacuous mantras + passion + elocution = Obama

Doesn't substance matter any more?

riskman
03-05-2008, 04:25 PM

Now PA, under what circumstances did Obama say this? It had to be in response to question on his faith, ie. Christian/Muslim. Never heared BO mention anything in his speeches about his religion.

"Morality is not brought by a sword. Is this how Jesus influenced mankind?"

Cangamble
03-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Now PA, under what circumstances did Obama say this? It had to be in response to question on his faith, ie. Christian/Muslim. Never heared BO mention anything in his speeches about his religion.

"Morality is not brought by a sword. Is this how Jesus influenced mankind?"
Here is why Obama said what he said:
Obama: "I Pray to Jesus Every Night"

Submitted by Jeff on Mon, 03/03/2008 - 10:02am. Barack Obama in Nelsonville yesterday (as reported in the Dayton Daily News (http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/content/oh/story/news/local/2008/03/02/ddn030308obama.html)), deflecting internet rumor-mongering about him secretly believing in Islam:

"Here are the simple facts," Obama said. "I am a Christian. I am a devout Christian. I have been a member of the same church for 20 years. I pray to Jesus every night."
Totally understandable for him to say it. I still don't want him to win.

riskman
03-05-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks Cangamble. Thought this was the case.

It will be an interesting contest down the road. The Clinton machine will pull out all the stops.

Greyfox
03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
"Here are the simple facts," Obama said. "I am a Christian. I am a devout Christian. I have been a member of the same church for 20 years. I pray to Jesus every night."

The Pastor of the Church that Obama is a member of is Jeremiah Wright. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremiah_Wright In the 1980's Wright consorted with Colonel Gadaffi.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonel_Gadaffi
Jeremiah Wright has a close association with Louis Farrakhan.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Louis_Farrakhan

Farrakhan is the leader of The Nation of Islam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nation_of_Islam

All of these movements claim to want to bring about Universal Peace. I wonder. Follow the above links and form your own opinion.

PaceAdvantage
03-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I hope many of you take the time to read over and over again the responses you have placed here to my inquiry, then ponder what you have done to this country over the last eight years in the name of politics and winning.

To think about all the bullshit I have had to read about Bush and his supposed religious zealotry over these past eight years from the loony (and not-so-loony) left, and then to think about Obama not even having to FLINCH from his recent religious diatribe (complete with Somali photo-op), makes me want to just turn around, and walk away....because it's plainly over....

ddog
03-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Complete duplicity is the norm on the Dem side.

Try this one;

In the days just prior to the 2000 election they broke the story about GW Bush's drunk driving conviction and then immediately thereafter they started talking about his alleged cocaine use in college. They also say he was actually arrested for cocaine possession in 1972 etc. They tried to use this as a reason to not elect him. The same stuff came up again in 2004 etc.

Yet, Barack Obama admits to using and possessing cocaine in his book.

Tell me why this isn't a reason to deny Barack Obama the Presidency, when it was touted as a reason not to vote for Bush? Very similar to the Dems treatment of sexual peccadilloes involving Dems versus Repubs. Dems don't ask their side to resign, in fact they re-elect them .

Duplicity of the highest order

OR... one could HOPE(that word again) that both sides saw the stupidity of the argument and have moved past it now.

Yeah , I know, we couldn't hope for any outbreak of reason among the "masses", we can't have that now can we?

Both of the idiot sides might find out that 99% of what is used to seperate them is of no value at all to the countries future.

Light
03-07-2008, 12:29 AM
PA

Do you really need to ask this question? George Bush stands for everything Jesus is not. That's why Bush is a Whacko. Obama if elected prez may travel down that same road,but so far has not used Jesus's name to do the Devil's work.

ddog
03-07-2008, 12:38 AM

PA,

1. the below comment is what would give one some pause.

Bush said to James Robinson: 'I feel like God wants me to run for President. I can't explain it, but I sense my country is going to need me. Something is going to happen... I know it won't be easy on me or my family, but God wants me to do it.'

2. BHO and/or GWB saying they pray to Jesus ....
I don't think that in and of itself was the issue.
It's the surrogates , the retarded right , I guess they would be called , that when they chime in with their weird opinions and those are melded with the main message that others can see it as too much.
Same from the "looney left" as you call them.

3. and most important , I have heard there is to be no religious test to the office, does that still hold?

If so, would you not say the WHOLE debate from either side is a factor of a 100 more hypocritical than anything you brought up in your post?

So, if BHO had said in reply, it's private, which is what ANY candidate should say to satisfy ME, then would he have any chance to get elected to that office?

You don't need to reply, I will give it to you now --- NO!.

One of many problems with trying to figure out things on this level.

A sad country we have become when the question has a mandated reply or you are out of there.

When we elect an acknowledged atheist , then I will grant you we are not already a small t, theocracy.

You are too late to the party.

Lefty
03-07-2008, 11:47 AM
PA

Do you really need to ask this question? George Bush stands for everything Jesus is not. That's why Bush is a Whacko. Obama if elected prez may travel down that same road,but so far has not used Jesus's name to do the Devil's work.
You make me just want to puke!

DJofSD
03-07-2008, 12:06 PM

Light, how does that quotation from the Bible go, let he who is without sin cast the first stone?

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 12:41 PM
You make me just want to puke!
Keep it up then Light!

Lefty
03-07-2008, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE=46zilzal]Keep it up then Light![/QUOTE
Right, both of you keep up your rooting for the enemy and your anti-american spiel. Shows us what socialists are really like.