PDA

View Full Version : Fun things to do in Louisville, KY?

FlyinLate
03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
4 friends of mine and myself will be heading to the Kentucky Derby this year. We will be there from Friday morning through monday morning. Of course we will be attending the Oaks and Derby, but what is the night life like out there? We are on the younger side, all early-mid 20's, so looking for fun bars, strip clubs, sporting events, etc to do at night?

46zilzal
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Kentucky Derby Museum, Fort Knox up the road, Lexington and the breeding farms, Muhmmad Ali Boulevard otherwise the city is not that different than many others.

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 06:54 PM
short drive to Lexington and Keeneland :ThmbUp:

rrpic6
03-04-2008, 07:36 PM
There is riverboat gambling in Indiana. Its right over the border from Louisville, about a 30 minute drive.

RR

46zilzal
03-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Claiborne, Paris Kentucky....see greatness at their graveyard. A Who's who of horse racing and breeding.

Grits
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
This young man is going to his first Kentucky Derby with four of his buddies.

Derby Weekend, and he's asking about nightlife, strip clubs, and ***bars. :lol:

You guys are givin' out The Derby Museum, Fort Knox, Claiborne Farm, and Riverboat Gambling in Indiana.

Good Luck Flyinlate, I hope y'all find some women at one or the other. LOLOL

JustRalph
03-05-2008, 02:15 AM

You guys are givin' out The Derby Museum, Fort Knox, Claiborne Farm, and Riverboat Gambling in Indiana.

Are you trying to say something about the average age on this board? :lol:

Rookie@58
03-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Located in downtown Louisville, I thought the "LOUISVILLE SLUGGER BAT FACTORY" was very interesting. I know the first restaurant that Colonel Sanders introduced his famous chicken is located very near Louisville and was also an interesting place to visit AND eat. The house he lived in at the time is also on the property.

wes
03-05-2008, 06:00 AM
http://www.renfrovalley.com/

Country music show on Sat. night.

wes

Land of pretty horses and fast women!

Grits
03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Are you trying to say something about the average age on this board? :lol:

Yes. LOL And I would have added, along with you guys, horses, horses, and more horses.

GaryG
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I visit Claiborne at every opportunity. The people there are very nice and will show you the whole place, stallions, mares and the cemetery. Come to think of it, I haven't been to any of those *** bars recently.....:eek: .

eclecticapper
03-05-2008, 10:10 AM
If you're staying near downtown Louisville, you'll probably want to check out the 4th Street Live entertainment complex (4thstlive.com). If you're looking for something with a bit more local flavor (and away from downtown), I strongly recommend the Bluegrass Brewing Company Microbrewery/Restaurant in Saint Matthews (bbcbrew.com--there's also a downtown location). BBC is near the Saint Matthews Station bar complex, and all the local bars try to have live music on weekends. Two additional sources of info are the Louisville Eccentric Observer website (leoweekly.com) and the Louisville Magazine website (louisville.com). I can't help you with the strip clubs, as I'd much rather meet women than simply stare at them.

jballscalls
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Jeff Ruby's steakhouse is damn good, think its at the galt house.

46zilzal
03-05-2008, 11:44 AM
One can find female companionship universally for the right price. Incomparable thoroughbreds are a rare find. It would be like going to Paris and NOT seeing the Mona Lisa, or visiting London and missing the Tower Bridge.

If I am within a thousand miles of Paris Kentucky, I drop by to see Melvin and the other grooms at Claiborne.

rastajenk
03-05-2008, 02:55 PM

I clicked on Pace Advantage and the Final Turn came up. Weird.

rrpic6
03-05-2008, 06:35 PM

Finding women should be pretty easy. Just stand between the paddock and the paddock bar. Plus there are beer stands in between. Hundreds of inebriated girls will wander back and forth all day long. Just reel one in and keep buying the drinks.

RR

Shenanigans
03-06-2008, 10:49 PM
One can find female companionship universally for the right price. Incomparable thoroughbreds are a rare find. It would be like going to Paris and NOT seeing the Mona Lisa, or visiting London and missing the Tower Bridge.

If I am within a thousand miles of Paris Kentucky, I drop by to see Melvin and the other grooms at Claiborne.

Melvin Olson??

46zilzal
03-07-2008, 12:28 AM
Melvin Olson??
One and the same.

Shenanigans
03-07-2008, 08:17 PM

Interesting. He's been retired from Claiborne for some years now.