PDA

View Full Version : HELP !!!

P.A. Hottie
03-04-2008, 07:07 AM
I am one of the lucky 15 people to still be alive in NYRA's Aqueduct Showdown contest :jump: where you have to select a horse that runs 3rd or better every racing day to advance. Top prize is over $7,600.00.

I don't know who to pick on the 3/5/08 card :bang: .

Any thoughts from people who go over the card would be helpful.

Rain is expected in NY and the scratches will not be known until about 11 AM on 3/5/08.

I was a big fan of Andy Serling when he used to give out picks on the NYRA show. Would love to hear from "the little guy". :)

Thanks in advance.

ny0707ny
03-04-2008, 11:38 AM
That is amazing.

If I was in it I would stick to the stakes and higher races. Those are more easy at least for me anyway to predict.

Race 8 would probably be my choice. Smaller field and probably higher quality horses also.

You have to follow your own choices though. If you ask people you will get loads of different picks.

MickJ26
03-04-2008, 12:33 PM
I am one of the lucky 15 people to still be alive in NYRA's Aqueduct Showdown contest :jump: where you have to select a horse that runs 3rd or better every racing day to advance. Top prize is over $7,600.00.

I don't know who to pick on the 3/5/08 card :bang: .

Any thoughts from people who go over the card would be helpful.

Rain is expected in NY and the scratches will not be known until about 11 AM on 3/5/08.

I was a big fan of Andy Serling when he used to give out picks on the NYRA show. Would love to hear from "the little guy". :)

Thanks in advance.

Congratulations. I was knocked out in the third or fourth day I think.
Mid-week cards are the toughest. Pick the shortest price in the smallest field would be the advice I'd give.

P.A. Hottie
03-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Ghost Dancing in the 8th is the obvious pick. She is 3/5 on the ML, has speed, the rail, a reliable trainer (A. Dutrow) and appears to be best. Also, it is a race with a field of 5. I was hoping to find another soild pick because I figure she will probably be picked by 8-12 of the 15 remaining players and if she somehow runs out, the field will be reduced to very few players. If the 8th race is reduced to 4 by a scratch, I will almost certainly pick her. I have 2 other horses in mind but will not tip my hand at this point. Scratches might make the 3rd race attractive to some of the players. Pino is listed on the 2 and the 2B so the field will be reduced to 6 or fewer after one of them is scratched.

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 02:04 PM
P.A. Hottie ???

Wow, if this is Derek again............ he is reaching............. :lol:

P.A. Hottie
03-04-2008, 02:30 PM
P.A. Hottie ???

Wow, if this is Derek again............ he is reaching............. :lol:

Ralph,

You got me.
It's Derek.
How did you know ???

Just kidding:D . Who is Derek ???

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
Ralph,

You got me.
It's Derek.
How did you know ???

Just kidding:D . Who is Derek ???

A guy who logs in with multiple names on a regular basis........just having some fun with the moniker............ :ThmbUp:

onefast99
03-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Maddy's lion in the 3rd...loves the mud!

rrpic6
03-04-2008, 07:02 PM
A guy who logs in with multiple names on a regular basis........just having some fun with the moniker............ :ThmbUp:

I'm thinking of changing my name to Middle Aged Ohio Guy, as my pic6 tix have been pretty cold lately....unless Ralph does it 1st.

RR

JustRalph
03-04-2008, 08:02 PM
I'm thinking of changing my name to Middle Aged Ohio Guy, as my pic6 tix have been pretty cold lately....unless Ralph does it 1st.

RR

you left out "Fat" so you can have that one............ :lol:

jonnielu
03-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Thanks for the replies.

Ghost Dancing in the 8th is the obvious pick. She is 3/5 on the ML, has speed, the rail, a reliable trainer (A. Dutrow) and appears to be best. Also, it is a race with a field of 5. I was hoping to find another soild pick because I figure she will probably be picked by 8-12 of the 15 remaining players and if she somehow runs out, the field will be reduced to very few players. If the 8th race is reduced to 4 by a scratch, I will almost certainly pick her. I have 2 other horses in mind but will not tip my hand at this point. Scratches might make the 3rd race attractive to some of the players. Pino is listed on the 2 and the 2B so the field will be reduced to 6 or fewer after one of them is scratched.

I'd be more comfortable on #5

jdl

HUSKER55
03-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Race 8 at AQ

#5 What is your point

Congrats on getting this far!!!

:)

P.A. Hottie
03-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Thanks to Husker55 and jonnielu and onefast99 ;) .

All of your picks were good:ThmbUp:.

I did not see Husker55's pick before I made my selection.

I was between Whats' Your Point and Ghost Dancing and eneded up picking Ghost Dancing.

Funny thing is, I would have bet What's Your Point if I would have bet the race:confused: .

14 entries are left !!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated :) !

ny0707ny
03-05-2008, 05:23 PM
So you advanced? Great work.

Yeah the stakes races and up are the best in general for contest like that. I would look for the smallest field that is a stakes race or higher.