PDA

View Full Version : Customer Appreciation Day at The Woodlands

Pace Cap'n
03-01-2008, 08:49 PM
With all the complaints about tracks not giving back to the bettors, let me give a shout out to The Woodlands. Currently, they are running greyhounds, but have extensive simulcast areas.

Yesterday (Friday) was "customer appreciation day". They provided free (FREE) soft drinks, coffee & tea, snacks and finger food, and desserts. Along with free programs for the pups. They had three drawings for vouchers, for $100, $150, And $200. The grand prize was a 50-inch plasma TV, for which they had been taking slips for the past six weeks. Good times, even if we didn't win anything.

The most unusual feature was a drawing for dime superfecta tickets (for the dogs). If they drew your name, you went to the window and called out as many STRAIGHT ten-cent superfecta tickets as you could utter in one minute. On TV. Then they punched out those tickets. Did that for four races, but I didn't get any results.

It was safe to say there were more than a few flabbergasted folks walking around there. Props to The Woodlands.

Kelso
03-01-2008, 11:49 PM
Yesterday (Friday) was "customer appreciation day". They provided free (FREE) soft drinks, coffee & tea, snacks and finger food, and desserts. Along with free programs for the pups. They had three drawings for vouchers, for $100, $150, And $200. The grand prize was a 50-inch plasma TV, for which they had been taking slips for the past six weeks. Good times, even if we didn't win anything.

The most unusual feature was a drawing for dime superfecta tickets (for the dogs). If they drew your name, you went to the window and called out as many STRAIGHT ten-cent superfecta tickets as you could utter in one minute. On TV. Then they punched out those tickets. Did that for four races, but I didn't get any results.

It was safe to say there were more than a few flabbergasted folks walking around there. Props to The Woodlands.

Generous and imaginative ... clear indications that they meant it.

Way to go, Woodlands!! :ThmbUp: