PDA

View Full Version : Handicapping TV?

Kelso
02-29-2008, 02:47 PM
CHRB Hears World Poker Tour Concept | bloodhorse.com (http://news.bloodhorse.com/viewstory.asp?id=43847&source=rss)

From the article:
"Here’s the concept: A bettor buys into the tournament at a set fee, such as $25. In return, the bettor receives a fantasy bankroll loaded into a plastic swipe card similar to many tracks’ rewards cards or an online betting account. Tournament wagers are restricted to win, place or show, or a combination of those, on only one horse per pre-determined race.

"Unlike a multi-race wager such as a Pick 6, the bettor decides his or her wagers between races and can go “all in” at any point. The bettor can also pass a race. Television monitors keep track of the leader board. At the end of the tournament, the pool is paid out to the top 5% of the players with the winner getting 45%. "

I don't expect players would go very deep into revealing their methodologies on national TV, so I'm guessing they'd present a tournament in similar fashion to the triathalon shows ... compressing the highlights into an hour.

Not sure what sort of action shots they'll get, though, besides lots of fist-pumping after wins, and fist-slamming after losses. I hope they give it a try, but it sounds like a snore.