TAM R5#8 THISONESFORBUD

chickenhead
02-29-2008, 10:47 AM
p.s. this is not an experiment.

This is deadly serious business.

Murph
02-29-2008, 12:41 PM
p.s. this is not an experiment.

This is deadly serious business.Are we talking 40% winners serious?

Murph
03-01-2008, 08:41 AM
Its friday!

AQU R1 #2 PAGING RYAN - OUT
AQU R2 #6 UNBRIDLED WISH - PLC 3.10
AQU R6 #6 SONIC SOUND - OUT
AQU R7 #9 TZIPI - SCR
BEU R5 #5 SEANS FOLLY - WIN 4.40
DED R1 #10 TS BABY GIRL - WIN 7.40
DED R7 #4 CROSSING DESTINY - OUT
FG R1 #5 ASK THE LORD - WIN 4.00
FG R2 #9 BETSY LAVERNE - SCR
FG R3 #2 SCATCANDU - OUT
GP R5 #3 MANUEL R - PLC 4.00
LRL R5 #4 JUSTABREEZE - WIN 3.00
SUN R9 #6 SPREAD THE LOOP - OUT
TAM R2 #3 VALENTINE RIDGE - OUT
TAM R5#8 THISONESFORBUD - PLC 4.4013 plays for 4 winners and 6 ITM's = 31% Winners. Sweet.
One more six dollar winner would have done the trick, chickenhead. I felt like you're prices on some of the plays were bet down a bit too low, and you can't make that call in the morning. I, for one, would enjoy tracking more of your selections whenever you care to post. Everytime a serious handicapper posts selections here, I like to see what they are up to.

You are definately up to what I would like to see, nice cappin' ch and thanks for sharing those.

Murph

cj's dad
03-01-2008, 09:04 AM
13 plays for 4 winners and 6 ITM's = 31% Winners. Sweet.
One more six dollar winner would have done the trick, chickenhead. I felt like you're prices on some of the plays were bet down a bit too low, and you can't make that call in the morning. I, for one, would enjoy tracking more of your selections whenever you care to post. Everytime a serious handicapper posts selections here, I like to see what they are up to.

You are definately up to what I would like to see, nice cappin' ch and thanks for sharing those.

Murph

This is not meant to be a criticism. Since you are counting place finishes as well as wins then a $2 W/P wager x 13 races would be an investment of $52.
I total a ROI of $30.30, for a net loss of $21.70 ! What is so sweet about that? Just curious!

Murph
03-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I just figured the winners while making note of the in the money plays.

Total winnings came to 18.80 on the 4 winners. One more $6 winner would
have put this set at -$1.20 for the day and jumped the win rate to 38.5%.

This is good handicapping in my neighborhood. I saw it comming and added
my comments. I know how much everyone enjoys that sort of thing. :cool:

Murph
03-01-2008, 09:45 AM
I didn't clarify my comments properly.

Those plays were destined to be LOW odds that would need a high win% to be succesful. I've found that when playing chalk grinders you need to adjust the selections for ODDS. In addition place and show action does not cover well at 80% hitters when you cannot get off the dimes. With that considered I felt like the selections and handicapping were very solid work. Sometimes this type can hit 6 of 10 plays or better which is what (I assume) chickenhead was hoping to achieve. Saving a bet on the ODDS on winner and adding just one more $6 winner would have put that set on a nice profit for that type of low odds play.

Many folks who are smarter than I am refuse to pay this way, but I can't take the losing streaks with odds restrictions on my live play at less than 2-1. I felt like I was leaving too many winners on the table when I would routinely toss a runner only because he would pay back less than $6.

It's what keep us all interested I suppose. Thanks for the note this morning, Cj'sdad. I can talk handicapping with you almost anytime!

Murph

chickenhead
03-01-2008, 11:58 AM
these picks actually went off across a fairly large odds range...from even money up to 9-1. I had some scratches that would have gone off at double digits. I think I had 4 horses go off at under 3-1, and they all won.

None of the other 9 were favorites, they went off between 3-1 and 9-1, and they all lost. So I'm pretty much inclined to agree with Cjs Dad, it wasn't a good day. I lost some dough. What are you gonna do, every day is not a winning one.