PDA

View Full Version : Chantal Sutherland Hot on the Turf at SA

garyscpa
02-28-2008, 09:49 PM
She's tearing them up in turf races at SA lately.

pandy
02-28-2008, 10:37 PM
She's tearing them up in turf races at SA lately.

She's a good turf rider, no doubt about it.

Cangamble
02-28-2008, 10:52 PM
She is one of the top three jocks at Woodbine. She really knows how to rate a horse on the Poly, and she has always been good on the lawn.

Cangamble
02-28-2008, 10:53 PM
One more thing. She is reaaaaaallllllly good looking.

northerndancer
02-28-2008, 11:54 PM
Cangamble you are not some one that I disagree with on most occassions but I do disagree with your assessment that she is top three at Woodbine........

I would rate her 6th at Woodbine.......

1. Emma-Jayne Wilson
2. Patrick Husbands
3. Tyler Pizzaro
4. Emille Ramsammy
5. Todd Kabel

I also will disagree with your comment that she is reallllly good looking...... she has double digit lengths on the rest of the jockeys in North America when it comes to beauty...... this girl is stunning and a delight to speak to..... I enjoy going to the paddock when she is riding one of my horses.

Still can not understand how she ended up hooked with Mike Wright Jr.

Hey Can on an unrelated topic did you hear that Layne Gilliforte moved his complete operation to the mid Atlantic..... sold his farm, his house, took the wife and kids to race at Laurel, Delaware, Philadelphia Park, etc..... how do you think he will do in the Mid Atlantic....... he has not had much success outside of Fort Erie.

Cangamble
02-29-2008, 07:49 AM
Cangamble you are not some one that I disagree with on most occassions but I do disagree with your assessment that she is top three at Woodbine........

1. Emma-Jayne Wilson
2. Patrick Husbands
3. Tyler Pizzaro
4. Emille Ramsammy
5. Todd Kabel

I also will disagree with your comment that she is reallllly good looking...... she has double digit lengths on the rest of the jockeys in North America when it comes to beauty...... this girl is stunning and a delight to speak to..... I enjoy going to the paddock when she is riding one of my horses.

Hey Can on an unrelated topic did you hear that Layne Gilliforte moved his complete operation to the mid Atlantic..... sold his farm, his house, took the wife and kids to race at Laurel, Delaware, Philadelphia Park, etc..... how do you think he will do in the Mid Atlantic....... he has not had much success outside of Fort Erie.
I used to co own horses. Sutherland won her 3rd or 4th lifetime win as a 10 star bug on one of mine.
I think you meant, you won't disagree with my comment that she is really good looking.
I disagree with your list. Pizarro isn't that good. We'll see how he does without a bug. Ramsammy took over for Kabel last year in his ability to take horses to the lead and nurse them to victory. Kabel has gone downhill and wouldn't make my top 3 anymore. He rode choice mounts last year and didn't knock them dead as years before. Husbands is very good. But Emma isn't as good as many people give her credit for.

Ramsammy, Husbands, Sutherland, Wilson in that order. I might even be inclined to put Da Silva (who I think was most improved last year) 3rd or 4th ahead of Wilson. Sutherland and Da Silva are totally different jockeys, Sutherland is more of a brainy jock, Da Silva is more brawn.

As for Layne Giliforte, he is a capable trainer, but when trainers spread themselves out, like he does with Finger Lakes, Woodbine, and Fort Erie operations, you can't be as affective as if you were viewing every horse yourself on a daily basis. Yes, some big trainers have got to the point that there assistants are just as capable and they can run mulitiple operations, but for someone trying to crack it in the big leagues, you are lucky if you are capable enough to handle it let alone have very capable assistants.

Bottom line, he'll do well if he does keep to one main operation and doesn't run around from track to track like a chicken with his head cut off, Layne knows his stuff as much as anyone at the Fort for sure.

I wish him the best. I have always found him to be respectful and a good guy overall.

MickJ26
02-29-2008, 09:04 AM

1. Emma-Jayne Wilson
2. Patrick Husbands
3. Tyler Pizzaro
4. Emille Ramsammy
5. Todd Kabel

Chantal Sutherland was an outstanding rider in here in New York with limited mounts. If she could ride first call for one of the bigger barns she'd probably reach Julie Krone level. She's missed here during the AQU IDT meet.

njcurveball
02-29-2008, 10:00 AM
If she could ride first call for one of the bigger barns she'd probably reach Julie Krone level.

I ran some stats on her and your comment is spot on correct. When she rides for a trainer with a rating of 200 or less (HTR trainer rating for below average), she is 1 for 17 this year. With better trainers, she is nearly doubling your money.

From the charts and stats, she looks like someone who works very hard on every mount. :ThmbUp:

ManeMediaMogul
02-29-2008, 11:43 AM
Chantal Sutherland is just hot.

toetoe
02-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Hear hear, Mogul. :jump:

Tara Hemmings ... that's hot.

Carol Cedeno ... extra spicy.

Joy Scott ... uh, how 'bout those Lakers ?

bigmack
02-29-2008, 02:38 PM
Joy Scott ... uh, how 'bout those Lakers ?
http://sportsimagetimes.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/crw_0014a.jpg

Joy has an unflattering resemblance to Dr. Laura Sccchhhhhhlessingerrr'. Now go do the right thing, TwinkleToes!

After Chantal's pics in Vogue she's been contacting by Maxim & FHM for photo "spreads".

Speaking of spreads, what's America's favorite mashmellow spread? Wrong - It's Fluff. Mmmmmmm-Fluffernutters.

toetoe
02-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Just teasing the Joy Machine. I love her to death.

As to Mlle. Sutherland, the exposure of her suther regions to the light would not discomfit THIS crotch-ety old man.
Her choice of husband ? Why, my boy (voice of Peabody stongly advised now), every young woman spends her time looking for Mr. Wright, wot ? :bang:

Cangamble
02-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Just teasing the Joy Machine. I love her to death.

As to Mlle. Sutherland, the exposure of her suther regions to the light would not discomfit THIS crotch-ety old man.
Her choice of husband ? Why, my boy (voice of Peabody stongly advised now), every young woman spends her time looking for Mr. Wright, wot ? :bang:
That marriage is long gone. I think she is currently hooked up with Mike Smith.

Wickel
02-29-2008, 03:52 PM
I haven't seen Chantal ride that much, but the times I have seen her haven't really impressed me. Looked a bit tentative on horses, especially on the turn. But she is hot on the turn ... and on the dirt ... and in the clubhouse ...........

northerndancer
02-29-2008, 05:18 PM
I always tell the male jockeys in the paddock do not let Chantal in front of you...... do not let her get to the lead...... they look at me puzzled and I simply state if she was in front of me on horseback I would not want to pass her and loss that beautiful picture!!!!!!I will state it again she is as nice a person as she is beautiful....... if you ever get a chance to speak with her please do she is delightful and very articulate...... yes I did just state that a jockey was articulate.

Cangamble
02-29-2008, 06:23 PM
I always tell the male jockeys in the paddock do not let Chantal in front of you...... do not let her get to the lead...... they look at me puzzled and I simply state if she was in front of me on horseback I would not want to pass her and loss that beautiful picture!!!!!!I will state it again she is as nice a person as she is beautiful....... if you ever get a chance to speak with her please do she is delightful and very articulate...... yes I did just state that a jockey was articulate.
She is smart. Not that university education means you have to be smarter than a drop out, but it is the case if you disect the entire population.

I always think female jockeys are smarter than the males anyways. Female jockeys are just short women, while male jockeys for the most part are pinheads:)

Oh, oh, I think I'm gonna get in trouble for that last line.

cj's dad
02-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Not that university education means you have to be smarter than a drop out, but it is the case if you disect the entire population.

I don't have a university education but I think the word is dissect :lol:

Dahoss9698
02-29-2008, 08:21 PM
I have a question for those saying Chantal is a good rider, what races were you watching?

Shenanigans
02-29-2008, 09:58 PM
This is the first time I really ever heard/read anything about her being a "good rider" (on a horse).

Cangamble
02-29-2008, 10:22 PM
I don't have a university education but I think the word is dissect :lol:

I knew that as soon as I submitted the comment. The phone rang and sidetracked me and then I had to go out. I forgot about it until I came back to this thread.

northerndancer
02-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Over the years I have ridden her (in my dreams many times) on my horses 28 times with her winning 5 of those races and finishing 2nd 7 times and one 3rd place finish...... she is very quiet on a horse and does not rush her mounts.... I like her better on fillies and mares....... so IMO which may not matter to anyone else she is a very good rider that gives 110% everytime, follows instructions and gets off the horse and is honest.... if she made a mistake she admits it.... if she feels that we need to do something different with the horse she speaks up..... then again my definition of a good rider may be different than most of the people posting on this forum.

JustRalph
02-29-2008, 11:41 PM
I ran some stats on her and your comment is spot on correct. When she rides for a trainer with a rating of 200 or less (HTR trainer rating for below average), she is 1 for 17 this year. With better trainers, she is nearly doubling your money.

From the charts and stats, she looks like someone who works very hard on every mount. :ThmbUp:

Doesn't this speak for itself......? NJ .........good info, thanks

Claim2Fame
03-11-2008, 12:31 AM
Northern dancer talks a lot of nonsense...... it seems you're just another tire kicker (OWNER) that the O.R.C hands a license too. maybe better words are a thirty thousand dollar, millionaire.