PDA

View Full Version : Chem Trails

RaceBookJoe
02-28-2008, 05:05 PM
For those with a science background, are they for real or is more in the vain of urban legend/conspiracy? I am in Henderson, NV and looking out my window to the east it looks like a tic-tac-toe board. I watched an interview on a tv show on a local channel called outtheretv and it was kind of interesting. Any thoughts?

RaceBookJoe
02-28-2008, 05:10 PM
As an update, the show has a website and I am not promoting the site. I dont want anyone to get the wrong impression. Just thoughts on chem trails. Sorry for anything misleading.

46zilzal
02-28-2008, 05:19 PM
Only way to know would be test them. I wouldn't be at all surprised since the CIA did bacterial dispersion tests in San Francisco during the 50's out the tail pipe of a car driving down the streets with the "benign" bacterium Serratia Marcesens.
http://www.metafilter.com/23007/Serratia-Marcesens-and-Project-112

Only problem was that it was not benign.

RaceBookJoe
02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Yeah, the lady in the interview is attempting to do a big study or something to that effect. It is kid of wild, definately different than what you see behind a jet.

kenwoodallpromos
02-29-2008, 11:24 AM
The "chem" is heat.

shanta
02-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I am in Henderson, NV and looking out my window to the east it looks like a tic-tac-toe board.

Had the same thing last week over southern Westchester County.Looked unreal

JustRalph
02-29-2008, 12:59 PM
For those with a science background, are they for real or is more in the vain of urban legend/conspiracy? I am in Henderson, NV and looking out my window to the east it looks like a tic-tac-toe board. I watched an interview on a tv show on a local channel called outtheretv and it was kind of interesting. Any thoughts?

There are no less than 5 victor airways running right over the area of Henderson and these are primary routes of travel for lots of different Aircraft, but used by Airliners and such heading out of Vegas. They are climbing thru that area and you could be seeing tons of different stuff. If you want to see the area on a FAA Chart..........click here (http://skyvector.com/#33-17-3-2935-3617) and look for the blue lines numbered such as V105 in the right hand lower corner. They all lead to Vegas and then out the other side depending on which side of town you are on. Tons of traffic routed out that way. FYI

RaceBookJoe
02-29-2008, 01:37 PM
There are no less than 5 victor airways running right over the area of Henderson and these are primary routes of travel for lots of different Aircraft, but used by Airliners and such heading out of Vegas. They are climbing thru that area and you could be seeing tons of different stuff. If you want to see the area on a FAA Chart..........click here (http://skyvector.com/#33-17-3-2935-3617)and look for the blue lines numbered such as V105 in the right hand lower corner. They all lead to Vegas and then out the other side depending on which side of town you are on. Tons of traffic routed out that way. FYI

That is interesting, thank you. The issue for me is this though....when a jet goes by, you see the trail and it last for fairly short time. These trails last for hours on end. They also dissapate differently. Just something to keep our eyes on, things that make you go hmmmmm.

JustRalph
02-29-2008, 05:04 PM
That is interesting, thank you. The issue for me is this though....when a jet goes by, you see the trail and it last for fairly short time. These trails last for hours on end. They also dissapate differently. Just something to keep our eyes on, things that make you go hmmmmm.

The trails last based on the temperature at altitude. If there is a greater difference in the temp of the exhaust ...versus ambient at altitude......they last longer. If it is warmer up high...........they don't last as long. I used to know a formula for predicting temperature at altitude based on temperature at sea level.........back when I was in flight school I was tested on it.........but alas, it has left my brain................you could probably look it up..........needless to say they last longer in winter, usually............

RaceBookJoe
03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
I found an interesting website on chemtrails etc. I havent researched the whole site but thought some might be interested. Some of the pics on the site are what I see here in vegas on a fairly regular basis. The site is www.iseelines.com (http://www.iseelines.com) rbj