PDA

View Full Version : Great Race in an Ugly Card-Thur.,8th@Aqu.

BombsAway Bob
02-27-2008, 11:09 PM
What a nice feature Thursday @Aqueduct! But Other than that & the first race, Thursdays' card at Aqueduct spotlights the speed-challenged! Only 144 Days until Saratoga...

john del riccio
02-28-2008, 07:55 AM
What a nice feature Thursday @Aqueduct! But Other than that & the first race, Thursdays' card at Aqueduct spotlights the speed-challenged! Only 144 Days until Saratoga...

Bob,

I like TROHY ROAD to handle WHISTLIN and BILL PLACE and I love the 8-1 ML as well.

Good Luck.

John

onefast99
02-28-2008, 08:32 AM
I'm sure the jocks will cancel after the 3rd today due to the cold!

clore1030
02-28-2008, 10:54 AM
I'll take My Golden Option over Whistlin' and Trophy Road. I have a feeling that some late kick may be needed in this race.

46zilzal
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Whistlin' and Trophy Road up front with My Golden Opinion coming late.

Up front usually dominates.

46zilzal
02-28-2008, 11:51 AM
Whistlin' may have peaked form cycle wise.....

oddsmaven
02-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Whistlin always gets bet, wins here & there, but sure has burned up a lot of money...that said, he's dangerous here and will probably get bet heavy at around 6:5 or 7:5.

I'd be interested in how Bill Place was bet because can anyone confidently know his level of readiness? With his class, Dominguez plus the rail, should be close to 2:1.

I'm sure that when Trophy Road ran 2nd last time, they were primarily betting his stablemate when off at 6:5...background is shaky and now must contend with speedy chalk drawn inside him, so 5:1 or so.

I would like closer My Golden Opinion if this weren't the inner track...he's hard to gauge but he could go off at a decent 6:1 or 7:1 on this oval.

john del riccio
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Whistlin always gets bet, wins here & there, but sure has burned up a lot of money...that said, he's dangerous here and will probably get bet heavy at around 6:5 or 7:5.

I'd be interested in how Bill Place was bet because can anyone confidently know his level of readiness? With his class, Dominguez plus the rail, should be close to 2:1.

I'm sure that when Trophy Road ran 2nd last time, they were primarily betting his stablemate when off at 6:5...background is shaky and now must contend with speedy chalk drawn inside him, so 5:1 or so.

I would like closer My Golden Opinion if this weren't the inner track...he's hard to gauge but he could go off at a decent 6:1 or 7:1 on this oval.

I have the competition WHISTLIN raced against last time as weaker than he had been facing previously and he didn't fire (maybe he raced to the level of his comp).

BILL PLACE is an A. Dutrow trainee and he can get a horse to win off a layoff.
Although i think 7f on the outer is his best distance, I doubt Ramon woul dbe on this horse if he wasn't tight.

TROHY ROAD comes out of a pretty quick heat and I think him drawing outside may actually be an advantage, assuming the rail isn't golden of course.

Good luck.

john

onefast99
02-28-2008, 04:05 PM
Bob,

I like TROHY ROAD to handle WHISTLIN and BILL PLACE and I love the 8-1 ML as well.

Good Luck.

John
Thanks for the exacta nice pick!

john del riccio
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the exacta nice pick!

Fast,

your welcome, do you remeber when i brought this one to your attention previously...

John

onefast99
02-28-2008, 04:44 PM
Fast,

your welcome, do you remeber when i brought this one to your attention previously...

JohnYes the horse was in my virtual stable with the two others! one going saturday.

john del riccio
02-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Yes the horse was in my virtual stable with the two others! one going saturday.

who is in sat ?

john

oddsmaven
02-28-2008, 05:53 PM
I have the competition WHISTLIN raced against last time as weaker than he had been facing previously and he didn't fire (maybe he raced to the level of his comp).
------
TROHY ROAD comes out of a pretty quick heat and I think him drawing outside may actually be an advantage, assuming the rail isn't golden of course.

Good job John...I manged to overlook your point about Whistlin' despite spending ample time on the race...The fig wasn't so hot in last and an added clue was that he went off at 50 cents on the dollar (and managed to lose) suggesting a terrible field as you noted...Trophy Road had no trouble completely outsprinting him which I failed to anticipate...I had also faulted Trophy Road's background instead of crediting his important current sharp condition...seems as if Jacobson claim on 12/29 led to a nice upgrade unless the horse was just ready to round into top form anyway.

clore1030
02-29-2008, 02:03 AM
Bob,

Good Luck.

John

I wagercapped as per Sartin methodology, using My Golden Opinion and Trophy Road based on your enthusiasm and Ted Craven's RDSS BL/BL scores for each horse.

Thanks for the tip.

PS - $164 for the easily figured triple was the best play in the race, too bad I just bet win only.

john del riccio
02-29-2008, 04:09 PM
Good job John...I manged to overlook your point about Whistlin' despite spending ample time on the race...The fig wasn't so hot in last and an added clue was that he went off at 50 cents on the dollar (and managed to lose) suggesting a terrible field as you noted...Trophy Road had no trouble completely outsprinting him which I failed to anticipate...I had also faulted Trophy Road's background instead of crediting his important current sharp condition...seems as if Jacobson claim on 12/29 led to a nice upgrade unless the horse was just ready to round into top form anyway.

Odds,

Whenever I personally see a horse take a drop in class (based on my class rating) that is signficiant (15%) and their figs don't AT LEAST stay the same, I get worried. WHISTLIN's last race was a concern. The slip side was TROPHY ROAD came out of an estremely fast race and made all the pace.

I actually recommended to a potential client that he was a potential private purchase to run in some Statebred stakes at TDN in the summer.

John