PDA

View Full Version : HILARIOUS RACE CONDITIONS.....

john del riccio
02-27-2008, 03:25 PM
4th Race (http://www.brisnet.com/cgi-bin/instant.cgi?type=int&country=USA&track=TP&date=2008-03-01&race=4) - Turfway Park - Saturday, March 1st, 2008 CLAIMING. 6 Furlongs Dirt. Purse $8,000. FOR FILLIES AND MARES THREE YEARS OLD AND UPWARD WHICH HAVE NOT WON A RACE ON A SYNTHETIC SURFACE. Three Year Olds, 115 lbs.; Older, 122 lbs. Non-winners of a race since February 1 Allowed 2 lbs. A race since January 1 Allowed 4 lbs. Claiming Price $5,000 (Races Where Entered For $4,000 Or Less Not Considered In Allowances). (02:32 PM) (8)

is this too funny or what ???????

John

cj
02-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Pretty funny...it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't say "Dirt" in the conditions.

john del riccio
02-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Pretty funny...it wouldn't be so bad if it didn't say "Dirt" in the conditions.

LOL:lol:

kenwoodallpromos
02-27-2008, 08:30 PM
LOL!!

Javagold
02-27-2008, 09:40 PM
i dont think this is at all funny, its quite :(

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2008, 11:04 PM
Synthetic Maidens ?? :cool:

Steve 'StatMan'
02-27-2008, 11:18 PM
Makes sense to me, I've seen allowance races on turf for non-winners of 1 on the turf, and even turf stakes for non-winners of a turf stake. Another new wrinkle.

Come to think of it, I wonder when Equibase and the PP providers will stop including the races taken off of turf and moved to the sythetic surface as a DIRT race. They still have the old progamming that assumed that everything off of the turf was run on dirt. Now it's just moved to the Main Track, whatever that composition of that main track. They aren't separating it out yet. (circle symbol with X through it).

Murph
02-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Makes sense to me, I've seen allowance races on turf for non-winners of 1 on the turf, and even turf stakes for non-winners of a turf stake. Another new wrinkle.

Come to think of it, I wonder when Equibase and the PP providers will stop including the races taken off of turf and moved to the sythetic surface as a DIRT race. They still have the old progamming that assumed that everything off of the turf was run on dirt. Now it's just moved to the Main Track, whatever that composition of that main track. They aren't separating it out yet. (circle symbol with X through it).Thanks for pointing that out Steve. With any luck the new surface indicators will be finalized into the database and sortable before the end of the year. You wouldn't be suprised if it took any longer than that would you? We'll have to see how it goes.

Murph

The Bit
02-28-2008, 12:49 AM
That is pretty funny.

cj
02-28-2008, 06:38 AM

It wasn't the NW condition that is funny, it is that they still list it as a "Dirt" race in the conditions.

kenwoodallpromos
02-28-2008, 10:59 AM
It wasn't the NW condition that is funny, it is that they still list it as a "Dirt" race in the conditions.
Why don't they just list it as "main" or "fake"? Too logical?

rastajenk
02-28-2008, 11:15 AM
Since Turfway has no turf, they could get by with leaving it out completely. Six furlongs...there ya go...take it or leave it. :D

Steve 'StatMan'
02-28-2008, 01:04 PM
I downloaded some TP PPS, since I'm not used to TP, appearently they don't normally list any surface, so it turns out that, of all races to accidently have 'Dirt' listed, it ended up being the one for non-winners of synthetic surface race.

Kind of sad I suppose when I'm not surprised by little mistakes like that one.

Now the, when a TV analyst calls the horse Brian Dude "Brain Dead", or horses racing in Chicago that came from OP as having last raced in Orland Park (a local suburb) instead of Oaklawn Park, I bust a gut. :lol:

Steve 'StatMan'
02-28-2008, 01:24 PM
I did some checking.

The race info is correct in the DRF PPS and their website entries (all-weather).

I checked the BRIS 'Entries' pages for Turfway, and the are always showing "Dirt" for every race! (see, I was expecting something regularly in error). I don't have the Bris PPs, or the TSN ones, do they still list 'Dirt' for every race at Turfway?

I know the Chart Files with DRF data that I download occasionally from BRIS still have D for Dirt as the surface for AP this past year, even though they were synthetic this past year. (Again, errors and outdated info just seems like par for the course.)

Tom
02-28-2008, 02:02 PM
What do you expect from a track named TURFway that has no TURF course? :rolleyes:

It must be something like Grape Nuts cereal....no grapes, no nuts!

bobphilo
02-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Why don't they just list it as "main" or "fake"? Too logical?

Well I quess that since it wasn't written with a quill tip pen on paper made from wood, this must be a "fake" post. :D