PDA

View Full Version : The senseless dribble!!

voucher
02-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Anyone watching AND listening to HRTV this morning??The derby analysis that JoAnne Jones has spewed out has got to be the biggest pile of senseless dribble I have ever heard.She basically has said War chance has no shot and she can't play him.Her horse is Elysium Fields,a recent maiden winner.This is the same JoAnne Jones who said,and I have it on TAPE,that she was done betting Funny Cide,then after he wins the derby,she had the nerve to say she picked this horse.A week later,she was gone from TVG.Where the F>>k do they get these idiots?

46zilzal
02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Where the F>>k do they get these idiots?
nepotism I betcha.

rokitman
02-27-2008, 01:55 PM
Anyone watching AND listening to HRTV this morning??The derby analysis that JoAnne Jones has spewed out has got to be the biggest pile of senseless dribble I have ever heard.She basically has said War chance has no shot and she can't play him.Her horse is Elysium Fields,a recent maiden winner.This is the same JoAnne Jones who said,and I have it on TAPE,that she was done betting Funny Cide,then after he wins the derby,she had the nerve to say she picked this horse.A week later,she was gone from TVG.Where the F>>k do they get these idiots?What she said is accurate-War Chance has no shot. And she can't play him.

JustRalph
02-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I don't mind her too much except when she starts raving about jockeys. she loves to talk about them and when she does she gets that twinkle in her eye like she has a thing for them............if you know anything about body language she comes off like she is in heat when she talks about a few of them

Tom
02-27-2008, 02:37 PM
nepotism I betcha.
Nope.....NEICEotism. :lol:

GaryG
02-27-2008, 02:40 PM
I don't mind her too much except when she starts raving about jockeys. she loves to talk about them and when she does she gets that twinkle in her eye like she has a thing for them............if you know anything about body language she comes off like she is in heat when she talks about a few of themI am pretty sure P Val was squeezing her back in the 80s.

russowen77
02-27-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't mind her too much except when she starts raving about jockeys. she loves to talk about them and when she does she gets that twinkle in her eye like she has a thing for them............if you know anything about body language she comes off like she is in heat when she talks about a few of them
It only looks that way because she is.:):)

voucher
02-27-2008, 02:49 PM
She had Clinton Potts' baby last summer.

toetoe
02-27-2008, 03:13 PM
She'll have to hit a cold streak to descend to the level of, oh, Ken Rudolph, John White, Laffit "Dead Eyes" Pincay, Mr. Lurie (Peter ?), Todd Schrupp, and all the clowns that pick four or more runners per race. That's not even counting the "pagliacci" on the radio side. :faint:

Grits
02-27-2008, 03:17 PM
My only thought........the woman needs to get her hair out of her eyes, rather that is, out of one eye. I cannot listen to anything anyone has to say, male or female, that has to peep out of their hair.

She was easier to watch when she was doing Gulfstream.

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2008, 04:19 PM
I am pretty sure P Val was squeezing her back in the 80s. :D :D :D

Spectacular Sid
02-27-2008, 05:04 PM
I've seen senseless dribble in a basketball game but not at the races!

As the daughter of the self-proclaimed Pick Six King, PROFESSOR Gordon Jones, Joanne knows all the tricks and cons of the racetrack, including how to tout!

bigmack
02-27-2008, 05:07 PM
What's dribble? It's drivel.

46zilzal
02-27-2008, 05:08 PM
"Attending the pace," every other phrase is worse than drivel.

bigmack
02-27-2008, 05:12 PM
Why isn't this one used more in racing?

pari passu

/parri passoo/

• adverb side by side; equally or equivalently. At an equal pace or rate.

— ORIGIN Latin, ‘with equal step’.

GaryG
02-27-2008, 05:16 PM

pari passu

/parri passoo/

— ORIGIN Latin, ‘with equal step’.I will do my best mack....that will be my vocabulary phrase for the week.

sandpit
02-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Joanne Jones: "The Vampiress"

PaceAdvantage
02-28-2008, 03:48 AM
Why does anyone really care one way or the other? Unless you lost your job because of Joanne Jones, I don't see why such a vitriolic thread like this would be created.

She's there to fill time and give info. You either listen or you don't....

cj's dad
02-28-2008, 04:07 AM
Why does anyone really care one way or the other? Unless you lost your job because of Joanne Jones, I don't see why such a vitriolic thread like this would be created.

She's there to fill time and give info. You either listen or you don't....

TV hosts are actually a Godsend to those good cappers playing from home as I think they generate an increased level of action above normal on their selections, thus creating overlays which is a + for those of us doing our own picking.

Why anyone would rely on, or care about, anothers picks is beyond me.

DanG
02-28-2008, 06:53 AM
TV hosts are actually a Godsend to those good cappers playing from home as I think they generate an increased level of action above normal on their selections, thus creating overlays which is a + for those of us doing our own picking.

Why anyone would rely on, or care about, anothers picks is beyond me.
Exactly.

She’s a bright / attractive woman who an advocate for horse racing. We need far more…not less.

jma
02-28-2008, 08:39 AM

pari passu

/parri passoo/

We can't get "drivel" right and you want "pari passu"? :)

1st time lasix
02-28-2008, 12:20 PM
I think I had "para paasu" for desert at an Italian Restaurant after too many glasses of wine the other night.

bigmack
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
I think I had "para paasu" for desert at an Italian Restaurant after too many glasses of wine the other night.
Three posts in and your already misspelling it. You guys are incorrigible. :rolleyes:

Teramasou?
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u70/macktime/t.jpg

Grits
02-28-2008, 01:32 PM
No Bigs, T-I-R-U-M-I-S-U. Tirumisu. Order it often when at Italian spots.

Also, your; no, you're. ;) Spelling lesson for the day.

bigmack
02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
No Bigs, T-I-R-U-M-I-S-U. Tirumisu. Order it often when at Italian spots.
Also, your; no, you're. ;) Spelling lesson for the day.
Actually, I butchered it purposefully. Funny thing is, it's Tiramisu.

Czech mait. (sp) :cool:

JustRalph
02-28-2008, 01:54 PM
Exactly.

She’s a bright / attractive woman who an advocate for horse racing. We need far more…not less.

I agree with Dan on this, but I don't want to hear about a jockeys family lineage and how she used to know them when she was at Gulfstream. I even think she is a decent handicapper depending on where she is capping.........but I don't care about the jocks family. We have had these discussions many times. Many threads. I have very little respect for the jocks.

cj's dad
02-28-2008, 02:34 PM
but I don't care about the jocks family. We have had these discussions many times. Many threads. I have very little respect for the jocks.

Why ? The ones I've talked to have been very much "down to earth" folks who are in a dangerous profession, and when their wives are present you can see the anxiety in their eyes, hoping for the best yet fearing the worst.

It amazes that when a horse wins and "you" have bet on him, you're the genius, but let a horse lose that "you" bet on and it's all the jockeys fault.

"you" is a generalization !!

Doc
02-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Her preference for jockeys aside, I really can't stand listening to Joanne Jones because I think she has one of the worst voices ever for a television hostess ... like nails on a chalkboard to me. I always wondered how in the heck she got the job, even that broad Margo down at Tampa Bay Downs is better than her.

Doc

Grits
02-28-2008, 03:58 PM
Actually, I butchered it purposefully. Funny thing is, it's Tiramisu.

Czech mait. (sp) :cool:

Got me, Bigs. LOLOL........

Premier Turf Club
02-28-2008, 04:08 PM

pari passu

/parri passoo/

Used it in the securities business all the time. Good scrabble word...

Grits
02-28-2008, 04:12 PM
A question. Is there a/any female personality in racing, in the role of handicapping/tv commentary, etc. who, for their knowledge--absolutely not going on looks, wins approval here?

One who knows her business and consistently does a good job.

Marshall Bennett
02-28-2008, 04:16 PM
Jill Byrne

Grits
02-28-2008, 04:30 PM
Jill Byrne

I agree, by far . . . the best.

In NY, Jeanne Wood with the OTB channel is very good as well.
I only get to see her though during the month of August, while at Saratoga.

voucher
02-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Jill Byrne
BINGO!!! A Professional who knows her job very well!!

JustRalph
02-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Jill Byrne

Right on........!

JustRalph
02-28-2008, 09:11 PM
Why ? The ones I've talked to have been very much "down to earth" folks who are in a dangerous profession, and when their wives are present you can see the anxiety in their eyes, hoping for the best yet fearing the worst.

It amazes that when a horse wins and "you" have bet on him, you're the genius, but let a horse lose that "you" bet on and it's all the jockeys fault.

"you" is a generalization !!

I suggest you look up some of the threads............ I personally have very little respect for 90 percent of them. I also have little respect for drug users, dealers and those who break the law............... oh wait.........? maybe now we know why?

46zilzal
02-28-2008, 09:17 PM
A question. Is there a/any female personality in racing, in the role of handicapping/tv commentary, etc. who, for their knowledge--absolutely not going on looks, wins approval here?

One who knows her business and consistently does a good job.
Jan Rushton knows her stuff as does Rene Kierens at Woodbine.

cj's dad
02-29-2008, 06:57 PM
I suggest you look up some of the threads............ I personally have very little respect for 90 percent of them. I also have little respect for drug users, dealers and those who break the law............... oh wait.........? maybe now we know why?

First of all, I have enough of a life that I don't feel like looking up your past threads.

Secondly, if you have such disdain for the athletes riding the animal you have bet on, then why are you betting?

And last of all, I'm sure that 90+% of them have little respect for you!:lol:

JustRalph
02-29-2008, 10:54 PM
First of all, I have enough of a life that I don't feel like looking up your past threads.

Secondly, if you have such disdain for the athletes riding the animal you have bet on, then why are you betting?

And last of all, I'm sure that 90+% of them have little respect for you!:lol:

Ok Dad............

rrpic6
03-01-2008, 04:12 PM
My only thought........the woman needs to get her hair out of her eyes, rather that is, out of one eye. I cannot listen to anything anyone has to say, male or female, that has to peep out of their hair.

Looks like she took your advice..JJ's hair is pulled back today...feel like Kojo at the oscar's with his fashion recap.

RR

skate
03-01-2008, 04:28 PM
What's dribble? It's drivel.

Well gosh, thanks for clearing dat up.

Does this mean, we must refer to you as WeeMack from now ....?:)

Grits
03-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Looks like she took your advice..JJ's hair is pulled back today...feel like Kojo at the oscar's with his fashion recap.

RR

:lol: Oh my, too much.

skate
03-01-2008, 04:30 PM
hey, i'll take the Chick that does the FG.

I think she wants my pants.;)

Marshall Bennett
03-01-2008, 04:34 PM
How about Jan Rushton ? Is she with anybody ?? :p

toetoe
03-01-2008, 05:22 PM
I think they're single. :D

eastie
03-07-2008, 02:51 AM
Jan Rushton's hats are worth tuning in to see every day. She is a class act all the way and knows her stuff. Clearly the best out there.

Dave Schwartz
03-07-2008, 03:18 AM

She was way easier to watch when she was 25.

;)