PDA

View Full Version : Travesty in the making

46zilzal
02-27-2008, 12:08 PM
Exxon is trying to wiggle out of responsibility. Given the make up of this court they just might get away with it.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/02/27/scotus.exxon/index.html

Tom
02-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Making a legal appeal to the high court is a travesty inthe making?
Sounds more like due process to me.

JustRalph
02-27-2008, 02:35 PM
yeah, the Libs would never allow an OIL COMPANY to exercise their rights.....

Rights are only for those who agree with them..........

OIL COMPANY profits are in the crosshairs of Obama and Clinton..........they have called for higher taxes on Oil Companies..............failing to realize that

CORPORATIONS DON'T PAY TAXES..........THEIR CUSTOMERS DO!!!!!

russowen77
02-27-2008, 03:07 PM
yeah, the Libs would never allow an OIL COMPANY to exercise their rights.....

Rights are only for those who agree with them..........

OIL COMPANY profits are in the crosshairs of Obama and Clinton..........they have called for higher taxes on Oil Companies..............failing to realize that

CORPORATIONS DON'T PAY TAXES..........THEIR CUSTOMERS DO!!!!!

They sent some of us up there with a Decon unit for chemical weapons. The responders needed it. Due to the job I have been on the scene at earthquakes etc but I don't think I have ever seen a mess like that. All that oil headed to Japan decided to stay home I guess but it was unreal to see that much goop in some of the most beautiful vistas on earth.

The locals were going to almost any measure to try and save their wildlife. It is a strange concept but those animals were more important to them than gas for Japan. We had a hard time telling even what sex they were tell we got them cleaned up sometime. They were going into the water, as cold as it was, to grab anything still living.

The whole time we had one officer explaining to them how important those shipments were and that it was just an act of God. He quit when they kept asking when God bought tankers. I had zero idea just how big those things were. Lord.