PDA

View Full Version : Aqueduct Wed. 2/27

oddsmaven
02-27-2008, 11:46 AM
I spent a lot of time handicapping this card only to have a number of key scratches made despite the weather being fine.

We get a likely 3:10 shot in the opener, followed by Mariano and Wild Debutante looking to go off odds on in the next two...scratching an interesting Gulfstream shipper plus decent contender Smokin Sarah, ruins the latter.

In the 4th you get Eassa 5:2 on the line, dropping in class and Dominguez on a first timer who may end up the favorite. I'd be curious to see if they really bet Boston Chief near his 4:1, simply because of 1st time Lasix, as his race was 11th, beaten 21 lengths, same class. I'd give Charity Flight (listed too high at 10:1) more hope than that one.

Contender, NY Citi was scratched in the 5th...Precious Too comes off a Levine claim and that may be an enough of an edge to put him in the winners's circle here.

I thought Donovan let his clueless pal Jason Blewitt do the line in the 6th when I saw Doodlin listed way too high at 8:1 and Blairstown put too low at 4:1, but both ended up scratching so there went my pick of Doodlin.

7th - Can't bring myself to pull the trigger on the "speed of the race" Pacific Sun...and it probably goes off in 4:1 neighborhood but I don't like that fade in last.

I like the rail in the last two races...the 8th looms 6:5, maybe less, but at least the 9th (Graeme Central) is in a competitive race...of course that makes winning it all the harder.