PDA

View Full Version : Harness Magazines ??

bellpics
02-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Hi all Morning. Just wondering if anyone knows of publications that I can buy or subscribe to that have tips for trotters. Kind of like American Turf does for the flats. I would LOVE to subscribe to such information.

thanks

GLEN

Tom
02-27-2008, 11:43 AM
Hoofbeats has a lot of harness articles - not really a handicapping mag like ATM, but it is good reading aboutthe sport. There is one in this section mentioned in posts by me or Pandy if you do a search - within the last 6 months or so.

wilderness
02-27-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm not aware of any harness mag that compares with content format of ATM.

There was another T-Bred mag in the 70's & and early 80's that I actually enjoyed more than ATM. Name escapes me, however it was not published on the higher quality glossy paper that ATM was/is.
Somebody use to sell Parlays in this issue that had amazing results. He had a "guarantee" for his paid give-outs.

The old Racing Star Weekly used to have some harness.

trying2win
02-28-2008, 02:13 AM
Bellpics:

Well-known harness handicapping author Al Stanley, used to publish "HARNESS HANDICAPPING NEWSLETTER' for quite a few years. Unfortunately, he decided to cease publication of this great newsletter in early 2001. It had 64 issues in all. I've still got the entire collection of 'HHN' in my library.

Al Stanley may still have some or all of the back issues of 'HHN' newsletter for sale. If so, he may be able to send you a summary listing of all the articles in each issue. Send me a PM if you're interested, and I'll give you his phone number. I've talked with him on the phone the odd time over the years. A very personable fellow, that really knows a lot about harness race handicapping. He sells his harness handicapping materials through the mail, or through vendors like GAMLBERS BOOK SHOP in Las Vegas www.gamblersbook.com (http://www.gamblersbook.com/) . I don't think Al Stanley has a website or email address though.

T2W

Tom
02-28-2008, 07:39 AM
Wilderness - Turf and Sport Digest?

YouBet has a three harness columns every week - one by Mark Cramer, and it is very good, all about betting harness races - archives go back a couple of years. Lots os good angles and spot plays. Click on the Handicapping button.

wilderness
02-28-2008, 03:19 PM
Wilderness - Turf and Sport Digest?

YouBet has a three harness columns every week - one by Mark Cramer, and it is very good, all about betting harness races - archives go back a couple of years. Lots os good angles and spot plays. Click on the Handicapping button.

I don't recall Tom.

It's decades since any of my interest has been focused on T-Breds.
Believe I have a couple of these old mags, however not at this residence.

trying2win
02-28-2008, 07:29 PM
Bob Pandolfo has written some brilliant articles in the harness handicapping section at the www.ustrotting.com (http://www.ustrotting.com) website. His latest one about 'specialization' handicapping is a dandy. This concept can be applied to thoroughbred handicapping as well.

There used to be an archive of Bob Pandolfo's harness handicapping articles at the above-mentioned site, but I couldn't seem to locate it. Perhaps they have been deleted.

T2W

Tom
02-28-2008, 09:23 PM
Lots of really good articles here, too:

http://www.kimstarr.org/corner/menu-corner.html

pandy
02-28-2008, 10:35 PM
Hi all Morning. Just wondering if anyone knows of publications that I can buy or subscribe to that have tips for trotters. Kind of like American Turf does for the flats. I would LOVE to subscribe to such information.

thanks

GLEN

If you live in New York or New Jersey you should be able to get a copy of Harness Eye, which is published daily. I compile a list of Horse to Watch, plus Hot Races (races that went faster than par) for tracks in NY, Chicago, Delaware, NJ, and Pennslyvania every week in Wednesday's issue. Sometimes there are over 100 horses, with comments.

pandy
02-28-2008, 10:36 PM
Bob Pandolfo has written some brilliant articles in the harness handicapping section at the www.ustrotting.com (http://www.ustrotting.com) website. His latest one about 'specialization' handicapping is a dandy. This concept can be applied to thoroughbred handicapping as well.

There used to be an archive of Bob Pandolfo's harness handicapping articles at the above-mentioned site, but I couldn't seem to locate it. Perhaps they have been deleted.

T2W

The archived columns are still available on the www.ustrotting.com site.