PDA

View Full Version : Tapeta par times

mountainman
02-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Does anyone have a set of par times for pid and gg? And did any board member take it a step further and record the first post temperature and weather pattern for each card at both tracks?

Dave Schwartz
02-26-2008, 11:25 PM
March 25th.

Murph
02-27-2008, 07:32 AM
March 25th.Do you record the weather data, Dave? I do not do that but that's a fantastic thought. Hmm, thanks Mark.

Dave Schwartz
02-27-2008, 11:21 AM
No, not weather.

mountainman
02-27-2008, 02:09 PM
Do you record the weather data, Dave? I do not do that but that's a fantastic thought. Hmm, thanks Mark.

I'm researching an article for hp magazine and want to examine the effects of rain and temp on Tapeta.

Premier Turf Club
02-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Mark:

If you want to contact me offline, I can put you in touch with my partner. He knows more about the artificial surfaces than almost anyone I know and was involved in consulting on artificial tracks for Magna. No, he had nothing to do with the cushion track at SA.

Murph
02-27-2008, 02:19 PM
I will e-mail you a couple of attachments you may like to see this evening when I return home. Hopefully they can add to your research. I'll get them off to you soon.

ralph_the_cat
02-28-2008, 11:45 AM
and to think you wouldnt ask me for help mark, :rolleyes:.... :D

AT PID, After I realized closers were getting most of the wins no matter what the temp, perciptation or humidity was I stopped recording much of anything... I believe the perciptation and humidity didnt alter enough to have noticeable density changes to the surface, however, i believe it would have changed track bias and times dramatically if given enough fluctuation in moisture conditions to change the density of the surface, it just didnt happen at PID from what I noticed...Of course, I didnt catch every night, but most nights... heres a link I use when capping and checking particular days weather conditions for tracks...

http://www.wunderground.com/history/

After you type in the city/zip and date... it Gives the hourly condition at the bottom of the page...

might be of some help....:confused:

Stake charts for PID: http://www.presqueisledowns.com/racing/stakes_charts.html