PDA

View Full Version : Here is one you guys will like

ljb
02-26-2008, 07:31 PM
Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay
my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit.
In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test
with which I have no problem.
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who
don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to
get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?
Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their
feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting
on their butt, doing drugs, while I work. . . . Can you imagine how much
money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a
public assistance check?

Tom
02-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Not nearly as much as they could if they just told people the teet's dried out. Buh-bye.

Although, grat idea, l....urine test, proof of citizenship, mandatory 8 hours a doy helping out in some capacity with local governements - sweeping streets, cleaning parks, public toilets, cleaning graffitti, mowing the lawns of people with jobs, washing thier cars, shoveling thier driveways in the winter, you know - EARN your free lunch.

jballscalls
02-27-2008, 10:20 AM
Not nearly as much as they could if they just told people the teet's dried out. Buh-bye.

Although, grat idea, l....urine test, proof of citizenship, mandatory 8 hours a doy helping out in some capacity with local governements - sweeping streets, cleaning parks, public toilets, cleaning graffitti, mowing the lawns of people with jobs, washing thier cars, shoveling thier driveways in the winter, you know - EARN your free lunch.

all good points. sometimes, people do need some help. If someone loses a job, its not always easy to find a way. but how are they going to look for work if they are spending 8 hour a day cleaning up the streets??

Most americans, even the middle class, are just a couple of paychecks away from being broke. and many people dont have the luxury of family or friends to fall back on.

Living in Downtown Cincy, i see lots of people sitting around during the day doing nothing. those are the ones that need to be taken of the government check.

It always cracks me up, when i used to work at my mom's poker room in seattle, the first of the month there would always be a large amount of guys who didnt work come in and play cards. they'd usually play til about the 6th or 7th of the month, sometimes longer if they were running good. then they'd just loiter around, after their check was spent, waiting for someone to put them in the game, until the magic day, the 1st of the month!!

Tom
02-27-2008, 10:28 AM
I was talking more about welfare - where it has become institutionalized.

jballscalls
02-27-2008, 10:31 AM
I was talking more about welfare - where it has become institutionalized.

yeah. the bad part is people feel like it is owed to them.

Marshall Bennett
02-27-2008, 10:48 AM
Congress would never pass such a bill . At least the current one !! Only hope might be some action at the state level but beleive there would be too many hurdles . This is a protected species !!