PDA

View Full Version : My stock Market...BET 2/25-2/29

sammy the sage
02-25-2008, 07:16 AM
the "DOW"...ie...market WILL GO DOWN by at least 300 pts. at some point this week...

Am using options to bet that!

Many KEY economic indicator's will surface this week...to SUPPORT my position...I HOPE!

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43556

sammy the sage
02-25-2008, 07:23 AM
just for reference...market was at 12381...at time of wager...lol's

lamboguy
02-25-2008, 08:48 AM
thru my years of trading, i learned that someone always knows something before me.
the market may very well trade down 300 points in one day, and you have a limited risk due to options, but i don't think the news will drive the price!

for the record, i beleive the dow is heading towards 15k. and gold is going to $1600 an ounce.

ceejay
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
and you have a limited risk due to optionsNot if you sell a naked call.

sammy the sage
02-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Well...so far my nag has stumbled outta the gate & thrown a shoe already at the quarter pole...hoping this is 1.5 mile turf race now...w/a 22 sec 1st qtr...lol's.

by the way..."for the record, i beleive the dow is heading towards 15k. and gold is going to $1600 an ounce."

Don't think those 2 can co-exist in the SHORT term...ie...next 3 yrs...but 2o yrs from now...of COURSE YOU'LL BE RIGHT! :bang:

lamboguy
02-25-2008, 05:01 PM
sammy, my good man, all i can tell is that's what makes a market. always remember, the job of the market is to take the most amount of money away from the most amount of people in the shortest amount of time!

there is no guess to that statement

sammy the sage
02-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Looking like now I've backed a dirt mule in a grass TB race!

njcurveball
02-26-2008, 04:36 PM
just for reference...market was at 12381...at time of wager...lol's

The DOW is now at 12684, so you were right about the 300 point move this week.

I look at this like when I absolutely hate a horse and start telling everyone why it cannot win. More times than not, the more I hate the horse, the better it runs.

Maybe we are am just not listening to our subconscious signals the right way?

Jim

skate
02-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Saga of the Sage.

im gettin ready for next weeks play.

sammy the sage
02-27-2008, 08:25 AM
well the half went 46 & change...

.time for those SUPPOSEDLY non-factor's such as inflation, to get kick in..

.so my pony...might have some legs after all...that magic steroid, juice, supplement, cobra venom, could kick in...will it be soon enough???

Seen Gold jump...good news for my bet...didn't realize my steed was getting some weight taken off!

sammy the sage
02-27-2008, 08:29 AM
by the way skate...you should learn about counting eggs before they hatch. :bang:

Your girlfriend might appreciate a little slowing down as well!

lamboguy
02-27-2008, 08:32 AM
unlike the run in the late 70's and early eighty's the precious meltals complex and equity markets have gone in the same direction. the reason for this is there are different dynamics out there like the peoples republic of china, india, and africa. they have bought about a huge demand for commodities and our multinationals are selling to them now.

if i were you i would not look at the past in figuring out where the markets are going, the reason why they called wayne gretsky the great one was because he didn't skate to where the puck was, just to where it was going!

good luck on your trades, i think you might need a little more than that

sammy the sage
02-27-2008, 03:24 PM
Well the announced fed's intentions tonight....pretty much propped up the market...and KILLED my play...my jockey got thrown!

ezrabrooks
02-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Short Natural Gas.. The Industry is gonna supply themselves out of a price.

Ez

skate
02-27-2008, 05:34 PM
Short Natural Gas.. The Industry is gonna supply themselves out of a price.

Ez

wow, you woke me, sounds like a double dog dare?

skate
02-27-2008, 05:37 PM
by the way skate...you should learn about counting eggs before they hatch. :bang:

Your girlfriend might appreciate a little slowing down as well!

I'll wait till tomorrow, and re read. in the mean time, what Eggs?:sleeping:

ezrabrooks
02-27-2008, 06:20 PM
wow, you woke me, sounds like a double dog dare?

Didn't mean to startle you Skater.. Just my opinion. So much supply coming on line from both conventional and non-conventional sources..plus a slow down in economy, all point to a decrease in price.

ceejay
02-27-2008, 06:35 PM
conventional and non-conventional sources..plus a slow down in economy, all point to a decrease in price.Even with oil in the high 90's, or ~$16/mcf gas in BTU's vs $9 natgas today?

What's your time frame?

ezrabrooks
02-27-2008, 06:51 PM
Even with oil in the high 90's, or ~$16/mcf gas in BTU's vs $9 natgas today?

What's your time frame?

I see a continued disconnect in pricing when comparing oil and gas by BTU. A world market for oil, as opposed to a more domestic market for NG. My comment is based on the fact that there is just a god awful amount of gas coming on line. What is it, 4 out of 6 wells being drilled domestically are looking for NG? Time frame? By the summer, or after the gas storage guys start to build up supples.

Like I said, just my opinion...in the sprit of this Thread.

Ez

PS Ceejay, just saw that you are in OKC...You see the spread of gas shale plays in Okla.. They are going on every where.

ceejay
02-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Ceejay, just saw that you are in OKC...You see the spread of gas shale plays in Okla.. They are going on every where.Oh yes, and most of my clients are doing them. In OK its mostly the Woodford. DVN and CHK play the Barnett in TX from here too.

Unconventional is the buzz word. I think every CHK division has an unconventional play. Still a lot of gas in conventional plays too, though.