PDA

View Full Version : FAILURES

Doug
02-04-2003, 02:50 PM
Anyone use failures in their handicapping?

I am referring to failures as described by Quiring in his bookor a variation of his description.

I don't have a copy of the book, but the idea, as I remember, is that if a horse has failed to duplicate a good effor twice then that horse is not a good play at all. Quirin cut a lot of slack as far as excuses go in determing if a race was a failure or not?

Any input?

Doug

Tom
02-04-2003, 08:13 PM
Doug,
I think the failures approach is one of the more useful things Quirin gave us, right up there with speed points and pace/speed figures. It is a good way to pick pacelines for pace handicapping or just plain getting contenders. I used to use the resulting speed figures to make an odds line and that was not to shabby in practice.
If you don't have the full description of how the failures are used, I'll post if for you- I have the book...one of the most used in my collection.

delayjf
02-04-2003, 08:18 PM
Tom,

Did you get my e-mail concerning median energy? If you replied to the email in my profile, It's no longer active. If your to busy, I understand.

Jeff

Doug
02-04-2003, 09:46 PM
TOM,

That would be much appreciated.

BTW- I hope that picture is not and "after" photgraph.

Thanks,

Doug

GR1@HTR
02-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Failures:

Last 2 finishes and Last 2 1st call positions:
http://www.homebased2.com/km/pdf/HTRMonthlyReport-JUN2001.pdf

tcat
02-05-2003, 06:31 PM
I don't know of anyone who writes better handicapping articles that are supported with statisics than Ken Massa.

There are people who write better with no real statisics to support there stuff, and some people with good stuff who don't know how to write, but he gets it both done.

Tom
02-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by delayjf
Tom,

Did you get my e-mail concerning median energy? If you replied to the email in my profile, It's no longer active. If your to busy, I understand.

Jeff
I answered it but it kept getting returned as undeliverable. I meant to post here and tell, but I forgot. Sorry about that. Send me an email address and I'll try it again.
Tom