PDA

View Full Version : FG race 2 2/22/08 betting after they got out the gate?

kyle2227
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
I had put this in my phone to remind myself to post this here but have been so busy yesterday and today I did not get a chance to post it until today. Sometimes when I am at the otb I use a machine called a tiny tim to place bets. It is basically a small betting machine they have at some of the tables and you get a temporary day account to use with the tiny tim machine. When a race goes off you hear a beep on the machine and it says betting off on the machine. Well as they were getting in the gate for race 2 of Fair Grounds I was punching my bet in. As the announcer said there at the gate I quickly hit submit bet. Well they got out the gate and about 6 seconds(Just a guess there it was def a few seconds) afterworks I hear the beeping sound and betting off. Makes me wonder if I would have been able to bet after they got out the gate or if it was just a delay on the tiny tim machine.

njcurveball
02-23-2008, 10:36 PM
I just watched the replay of this race. The winner broke well, sat in 2nd the whole way and inherited the lead when the front runner quit near the wire.

The horse was 24-1 when the gate opened and went up to 25-1 after the start. The winner paid 26-1 ($55.60).

#7 BROKE IN FRONT OF THE FIELD at 11-1. Final odds on that horse were 13.8 to 1.

If they left the windows open, the people betting after the bell must have been blind folded.

Jim

kyle2227
02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
yep it was probably just a delay in the beeping noise in the tiny tim machine

The Bit
02-24-2008, 01:19 AM
Kyle,

Are you using these Tiny Tim machines at Philly Park or it's associated Turf Clubs? If so, this is a known problem and a friend of a friend has exploited it infront of management to prove a point. Though I don't know what if any resulted from it.

At some points last year, you could bet for 30 seconds or so before the Tim would "lock".

Burls
02-24-2008, 02:17 AM
As I understand it, any outside bet has to have an electronic 'time stamp' on it that constitutes proof that the wager was accepted at the point of origin BEFORE the race began even if it does not actually arrive at track where the race is being run until 20 or 30 sections later.
If this is so, then you COULDN'T bet after the race has begun unless the point of origin is forwarding wagers with fraudulent time stamps to the track where the race is being run.

kyle2227
02-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Kyle,

Are you using these Tiny Tim machines at Philly Park or it's associated Turf Clubs? If so, this is a known problem and a friend of a friend has exploited it infront of management to prove a point. Though I don't know what if any resulted from it.

At some points last year, you could bet for 30 seconds or so before the Tim would "lock".

yep those are the ones thanks for the info