PDA

View Full Version : MAGNA 5 DQ

TEJAS KIDD
02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
I need to vent......AHHHHHHHH....Just got DQD at SA out of the pick 5.:bang:
I singled the winner of Leg 4 at 10-1 and he got dqd...
I cant breathe.....

Hank
02-23-2008, 06:11 PM
Was the dq justified? If it was questionable that makes it WORSE:mad:

TEJAS KIDD
02-23-2008, 06:33 PM
I dont blame the stewards.. It looked obvious on the pan shot..Then I thought maybe no change when I saw the head on...Just a tough beat, because I know I had the best horse in the race.

whyhorseofcourse
02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
The 1 should not have been taken down.
Yes he did hit the 10.
Yes the 10 checked a bit.
But in my honest opinion the 10 would not have got any better than 4th anyway.
Tough beat.

The Bit
02-24-2008, 01:27 AM
What did you all think of the DQ of the #2 at Laurel to start the Pick 5 off?

I flipped the channel after watcing the #2 forge to command and knocking me out of the late pick 3 at Laurel, or so I thought. Went to make another bet and saw the $63 dollar present.

The horse came out but he was much the best and I felt Rose overreacted. One of the biggest issues in this game in my opinion are these DQ's.

Burls
02-24-2008, 02:05 AM
The 1 should not have been taken down.
Yes he did hit the 10.
Yes the 10 checked a bit.
But in my honest opinion the 10 would not have got any better than 4th anyway.
Tough beat.

I had the 1,5,6 EXB for that race.
I was pretty steamed about that one for a while.
But you have to believe it all evens out over time.

TEJAS KIDD
02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
What did you all think of the DQ of the #2 at Laurel to start the Pick 5 off?

I flipped the channel after watcing the #2 forge to command and knocking me out of the late pick 3 at Laurel, or so I thought. Went to make another bet and saw the $63 dollar present.

The horse came out but he was much the best and I felt Rose overreacted. One of the biggest issues in this game in my opinion are these DQ's.

I didnt even know they dq'd that one...I changed the channel after the race and never looked back to check...I thought there may be an inquiry there but I had hit the ALL box in that race, so I never checked the results (knew I was alive regardless)

rrpic6
02-24-2008, 09:17 AM
I think Einstein (#4) at Gulfstream should have been DQ'd also, then I would have had all my winners in the Magna taken down! My ticket was:

2,6/2,4,5,7/3,4,6,7/1,7,10/2/...still a losing one, but 3 horses cross the finish line 1st and 2 2nd place finishers. It paid 30K. Wonder what it pays without the DQ's?

RR

TEJAS KIDD
02-24-2008, 09:18 AM
But you have to believe it all evens out over time.

I'll let you know when I get DQ'D into a 50k+ score.. I think it'll be awhile.

TEJAS KIDD
02-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I think Einstein (#4) at Gulfstream should have been DQ'd also, then I would have had all my winners in the Magna taken down! My ticket was:

2,6/2,4,5,7/3,4,6,7/1,7,10/2/...still a losing one, but 3 horses cross the finish line 1st and 2 2nd place finishers. It paid 30K. Wonder what it pays without the DQ's?

RR

I thought there would be an inquiry in there too..
My ticket was ALL/1.3.7/2,4,6/1/2,3,7,11
1st leg dqd out of the bigger price, and 4th leg dqd out of the bigger price...
UGH!!

DanG
02-24-2008, 09:49 AM
Wow Dennis…enough already!

You are long overdue for some good breaks this year. ‘Keep firing as Tommy C says is about all anyone can say and I know that doesn’t help when the beat is this fresh.

You can only keep a good Texan down for so long before someone is going to pay…big! :ThmbUp:

Burls
02-24-2008, 03:43 PM
I'll let you know when I get DQ'D into a 50k+ score.. I think it'll be awhile.

Oh I know how much easier it is to be philosophical about it when you're not the one losing the big money.

The call was rediculous!!
A very slight brushing at the side that didn't really affect the 10 at all, then, a few strides later, the 1 takes off like a rocket.
Where did all that energy come from?
From brushing the 10 on the side?
The 1 was clearly the best horse with that final burst.
But what can you do?
Nuttin'.

I'll bet those stewards have unlisted numbers. :lol:

toetoe
02-24-2008, 04:42 PM
I have a method now for attacking the Magna Five.

Find two races with likely candidates to be moved up by the stewards. Single them.

Okay, now find a Brasilian-bred to single in each of two others.

In the remaining race, hit the <*> key. He is your friend.

General reaction to the Magna Five --- :bang: :bang: .