Sad news, after tvg anlyist greg with very misleading info tvg. announced a
short time later that bombsawaybob has been banned!!!!!!!!!!!:D

English?

JustRalph
02-23-2008, 05:51 PM
Bob, fill us in............

Marshall Bennett
02-23-2008, 06:05 PM
Its their own fault for passing along unsubstantiated info .

BombsAway Bob
02-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I was tracking the show pool in the 3rd@AQU (3rd@AQU), to see if anybody was silly enough to throw a chunk of dough on He's A Ray.
With a minute to post, there was less than $4k in the show pool, so I sent them an E-mail saying "No One Jumped in the Pool!". When they reached the 16th pole, I knew Ray was toast, so I clicked back on the Aqueduct pool. Unfortunately, it had reset to "WIN" pool, not the show pool I had it on. In my rush to correct my first missive, I hastily sent a follow-up E-Mail, mistakenly giving Mr.B. the win pool total(+$60K) rather than the show(+$18k). When I realized my error, I heard Mr.B say; "Someone did put $60,000 in the show pool".
THE FIRST REPORTING ERROR in The HISTORY OF TVG! I am so ashamed.
Oh, well, at least it wasn't- "DEWEY BEATS TRUMAN"

whyhorseofcourse
02-23-2008, 06:45 PM
Did they actually say bob is banned?
If so that is pretty funny. :p

BombsAway Bob
02-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Did they actually say bob is banned?
If so that is pretty funny. :p
Yep..I'm on "IGNORE" for 48 Hours:blush: ...Rather harsh for a first offense, after three years of perfect useless information. Worse yet, I'll probably get 30 days when I go before "Judge Perloff" for final sentencing Monday!

alysheba88
02-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Can someone explain in English what this thread is about?

alysheba88
02-23-2008, 07:06 PM
I was tracking the show pool in the 3rd@AQU (3rd@AQU), to see if anybody was silly enough to throw a chunk of dough on He's A Ray.
With a minute to post, there was less than $4k in the show pool, so I sent them an E-mail saying "No One Jumped in the Pool!". When they reached the 16th pole, I knew Ray was toast, so I clicked back on the Aqueduct pool. Unfortunately, it had reset to "WIN" pool, not the show pool I had it on. In my rush to correct my first missive, I hastily sent a follow-up E-Mail, mistakenly giving Mr.B. the win pool total(+$60K) rather than the show(+$18k). When I realized my error, I heard Mr.B say; "Someone did put $60,000 in the show pool".

Is this some secret code? Do I need to read Dan Brown?

Light
02-23-2008, 07:24 PM
I think what he's saying is TVG uses BAB as a reliable source for information. :D Those guys are really flaky. How bout that T shirt contest they held on Thursday. I was real close in all the contests but they took forever to announce who won. A couple of times they start to announce the winners then sidetrack themselves. I hope that was intentional cause... DUH! Hello! Where's the remote!

alysheba88
02-23-2008, 07:46 PM
The mystery continues. Maybe I need to take mushrooms or LSD

BombsAway Bob
02-23-2008, 07:50 PM
The mystery continues. Maybe I need to take mushrooms or LSD
That Worked back in '77....couldn't hurt.

GaryG
02-23-2008, 08:04 PM
I miss all of this stuff because I only watch TVG with the mute button on.

ranchwest
02-23-2008, 08:27 PM
Do I infer from this that nobody at TVG can read a tote board without assistance?

lamboguy
02-23-2008, 08:42 PM
aren't you guys sick of TVG and Xerox picks!

they pump you into playing high % takeout pick-four's. i am glad HRTV now has NYRA, it gives me less reason to watch TVG and the crew of phony pickers.

BombsAway Bob
02-23-2008, 08:49 PM

they pump you into playing high % takeout pick-four's. i am glad HRTV now has NYRA, it gives me less reason to watch TVG and the crew of phony pickers.
The Day they MAKE me play ANYTHING is the day I'll quit.
Matt Carothers yesterday REFUSED to put out an early Bay Meadows Pick-4! He said the fields were short,the races looked chalky, & he couldn't in good conscience put out a Ticket for viewers to bet. He then went on to apologize to Bay Meadows management, but the point was made. A rare TV moment.

Marshall Bennett
02-23-2008, 08:54 PM
With HRTV covering Aqueduct now , along with SA , Gulfstream , Fair Grounds , Oaklawn , ect. ect., doubt it matters much anymore ... at least on weekends .

Tom
02-23-2008, 09:07 PM
If it's any consolation, I have banned TVG permenantly.
HRTV is far superior. TVG no longer needed, not thier on-air airheads. What a group of dipsticks! Dumb, dumber, and dumber yet. The dragnet guys - dumb, dee dumb dumb DUMB!

:lol::lol::lol:

larman
02-24-2008, 09:48 AM
I wrote it as a joke. which it basically what it is.
:)

onefast99
02-24-2008, 09:55 AM
I was tracking the show pool in the 3rd@AQU, to see if anybody was silly enough to throw a chunk of dough on He's A Ray.
Probably better off staying away from stuff like that especially since the horse was off 1 year. But TVG needs to just look at the tote board before giving that information out to the public. You should be given a second chance!:lol:

DanG
02-24-2008, 09:57 AM

Viewers are actually betting these selections?

And they say there’s no hope in overcoming the rake. P. T. Barnum’s immortal words live on!!! :jump: :jump: :jump:

http://www.billcigliano.com/images/port_edit/PT_Barnum_web2b.jpg

magwell
02-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Can someone explain in English what this thread is about? misinformation with authority.....:bang:

BombsAway Bob
02-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Say A Prayer for Justin Vitek
According to Marty McGee in Sunday's Daily Racing Form, Justin Vitek, 34-year-old journeyman jockey, has been diagnosed with acute
MYEGOGENOUS LEUKEMIA, & will be hospitalized indefinitely.
AML is a rare & rapidly progressing form of Blood cancer that interferes with the production of normal blood cells.Doctors told him he had about one-third the blood he needed in his body.
The disease is potentially curable, though mortality rates are high in people 60 or older.
Vitek last rode at Turfway on Valentine's Day.

Spendabuck85
02-24-2008, 04:11 PM
You have to read the Daily Racing Form and email them? Things must be tough if they can't get their own form.

Marlin
02-26-2008, 03:34 AM
Is this some secret code? Do I need to read Dan Brown?LMAO Funny post and funny thread!