PDA

View Full Version : Wed. The 5th... Aqueduct Feature

Suff
02-04-2003, 12:31 AM
Weak Feature today

Allow43K Fillys Sprint... *Key Condition 4YO and up

I know who I am betting in this race.. I knew yesterday.. because one of my horses is going in here. And while I am on the subject I think I'll share how I manage my Stable.

I have about 65 horses on horse watch right now.. I get anywhere from 2 to 6 e-mails a day with notifications of a workout or an entry or a result. About 6 months ago I devised a system for handling all this information. I use Outlook express. Everytime I put a horse on watch.. I go to Outlook.. I right click on "inbox" and I create a "sub-Folder" with the horses name.. So when I get a Notice,, I review it.. I then expand the "tree" in my outlook express INBOX.. and I drag and drop the watch right into its own folder. Unless its an ENTRY Notice,, then I leave it in my in-box. This allows me to have all a horses works.. over an extened period in one area... so If I want to review how a horse is working over an period of time I can just go into its dedicated sub-folder and look them over...

I leave the entry notice.. only if I have an interest in betting the horse... that way.. when I sit at my computer.. the only watches I have in my inbox are horses running that day or the next day.. and I look them over while I work a card. I used to miss alot of horses because my inbox was loaded with --workout notices-entry notices and result notices,,, Now I have this system and I rarely miss a horse I want to bet. If you lookinbg for a way to manage a large stable.. you might want to try this way...

to the race.

#1 Truly a legend....... Anyone else have a system that a horse is an automatic throw out (for the win) when he goes First time against winners? I do. This one is worthy of slight considertion for the win... simply because the horses she faced and did beat have gone on to win.. MIss CAP for one (good horse, maybe great) But she has'nt raced in 4months,,but trainer is 10% with these types with +ROI... But for me.. I'm passing for the win.

#2 Bound and Dertmined... I like Greg Martin a bunch.. and I'm gald to see he's having a great meet. I've met him and talked with him. He's a Horse's trainer. Puts the horse first. His Grandfather was the leading trainer in NY for 10 straight years and is in the Racing Hall of Fame. I aksed the NYRA handicapper (kelley) why he does'nt get more starts and she really coud'nt explain why..he's a great trainer. Wet tracks going to comprimise her chances,, and even on a fast track I think he'll be over bet. Hard to argue with last two efforts... except to say the field strength mighta been marginal. Off the Layoff she appears to be a whole new horse. She'll be there in some way shape or form... as the pacesetter for sure.. Coming Back quickly.. Maybe hard to put 3 huge efforts together this quickly. Horse for the course .......4-4 in the excata on the inner

#3 TZsu Potts.. another compromised by moisture... Efforts against open company have been dull. Too much speed in here for her.. 5 furlongs and done...Does have ONE race that fits her... Aug 29th,, she won of the pace in an open 100K claimer at Saratoga. But If I remember correctly.. That was the end of the meet and the Track put together a couple of High priced claiming races so some trainers could get thier horses a race without risk losing them. I think the purse on that race was 35K...

#4 River Salt... this one's Gonna be a handful. The speed of the speed.. has out dueled the best sprinters in the country for the lead at the 1/4 pole. Has some real monsters on her past and recent resume.. Has the tools to wire these. Has never beyered up or flat for 3 straight races and that's what she'd have to here. she does have 3 ITM finishes on a wet track, But weaker fields and 6 and 7 horse fields are not to hard to hang for 2nd or 3rd. Private party.. and Grisham.. two horses the Regular NY guys know... DRILLED her recently. I'm siding with run n gun n done.

#5 Purely... all you need to know about his last race is.. He had'nt raced in 6 months.. Had never raced outside of NJ.. Monmouth no less,, and he was bet down to the 3-1 Favorite in a 9 horse field. Pretty weak field whan that resume gets bet to 3-1 in NY. Lighly raced... 2nd off a layoff... has a right too and just might carry the speed a lil futher. Still in over his head at the 16th pole with this group.

#6 Bartley,, Might be "LIVE". Lopez gets off Purley for the mount ,, for a trainer with only two starts at the meet. Does'nt win too much.. but both of his wins were at 6 furlongs... Has 7 place finishs from 23 starts. Looks like he has a Mix of tools to work with,, but with Lopez up.. might try and get out and go. There is JUST SOOOOOOOOO much speed in this race it might come down to fitness.. I don't think he's quick enough to go with River Salt.. And that means he'd need to win off the pace.. and I see Just enough evidence to think he might be able to do it. Would need a few things to go his way.

#7 Anita Cocktail..... My Horse. Not only do I think This horse is ready to win this,,, I think you'll be hearing about from this horse at Belmont and Saratoga... I'm not concerned about the layoff.. the horse is FIT.. I think Dutrow recognized he has a real race horse here and has spent some time bringing her along.. I expect a big 5YO campaign from this horse. 4 wins from 10 starts at the distance. I've been watching her works closely and she's been outworking some very nice horses in The morning.. those 3rd of 14's and 3rd of 13's were working next to Graded horses.. Trainer having an excellent meet... Jockey having the best year he's had or maybe will ever have. I'm a wee bit concerned and a wee bit more concerned about INNER and Surface. But her two bad MUD starts were two years ago... One was her debut (bet to 5-1) in florida,, when she caught a 5F in 109. And the other was routing in a $150K claimer in her 3rd start lifetiime.. Has a decent Tomlison. A year ago to the DAY she ran this exact race and went at $3.75... I think with the other contenders and the layoff 7-1 would be very sweet.. But more than likley I'd be happy with 7-2........ The WINNER

7-2-6

Suff
02-05-2003, 03:51 PM
Darn.... Though she'd show more early speed,,,, ran 2nd by a few... Ran 2-7-6.... $50.00 dollar trifecta... Chalk $12.00 exacta

Suff
02-05-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by Sufferindowns
Darn.... Though she'd show more early speed,,,, ran 2nd by a few... Ran 2-7-6.... $50.00 dollar trifecta... Chalk $12.00 exacta

Did'nt help when River Salt Broke down on the first turn,,, I needed her to soften up Bound and dertimined!!

#4 River Salt... this one's Gonna be a handful. The speed of the speed.. has out dueled the best sprinters in the country for the lead at the 1/4 pole. Has some real monsters on her past and recent resume.. Has the tools to wire these. Has never beyered up or flat for 3 straight races and that's what she'd have to here. she does have 3 ITM finishes on a wet track, But weaker fields and 6 and 7 horse fields are not to hard to hang for 2nd or 3rd. Private party.. and Grisham.. two horses the Regular NY guys know... DRILLED her recently. I'm siding with run n gun n done