PDA

View Full Version : overlays:PLACE-SHOW TOTEBOARD

Vigors
02-03-2003, 05:57 PM
Last summer a free program (for the first month, then $25 monthly) was offered...As I had no computer since then, I was wondering if someone would be so kind to remind me of it's website. I believe Dick S. really loved it enough to have bought a Lobster bib when talking about it....the program displayed every
track, minutes to post,and if the currant pools were overlaid or not...I think it may have been something like "At the Post" etc.
Thanks for any help

GameTheory
02-03-2003, 05:58 PM
At The Races...

http://www.homebased2.com

Vigors
02-03-2003, 07:47 PM
Game T. I really appreciate your timely response,
Again, Thank you.....

midnight
02-08-2003, 06:19 PM
The name of the program is "At the Races". It's written by Gary Pitzzigati and Jack Burkholder. The program has a ton of bells and whistles. I believe it's free for 30 days and $100 a year thereafter.

Dick gets that way about something that he likes. I hear that he carries a soapbox around with him so that he can get up and start preaching when he finds a new toy that strikes his fancy (all in fun, Dick, not meant to be mean).

Vigors
02-08-2003, 10:23 PM
midnight.....thanks for replying...it's good to have other's lend a
hand when one need's assistance ( sometimes it means more
then one can imagine.....last year I lost younger brother, sister,
and Mother in a 4 month period, and the only thing that kept me centered was applying my thought's on a few programs I recently
purchased ( rather then wallow in self pity ) One gentleman went
out of his way being very generous with his time and patience,as
I'm sure I asked the same questions several times..but never
heard the answer's...or maybe just never listened...but he was there without a fault....and like you, he had a serious passion
for handicapping and helping me understand.....I believe you
know him.....his name is Tom Console.

GR1@HTR
02-08-2003, 10:34 PM
I've just recently downloaded the demo. It is very nice and easy to use and does much more than I expected.

midnight
02-09-2003, 03:22 AM
Tom Console? Yes, I know the man. Wonderful, compassionate human being. The definition of humility, he cares about others, would never think of insulting anybody, writes top-notch software and constructs systems that win.

Humble Tom, as they cal him, is associated with Dave Powers (Clint Tracy), who's another great guy. Dave has a couple of hundred systems, all of which have a win percentage of 40-50% and an ROI of at least 1.25. Dave's such a nice guy that he's willing to share all of these moneymaking machines with anybody who will pay the price asked.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to write the Nobel and Pulitzer commisions and see if I can get these two nominated for something.

TomC
02-10-2003, 09:31 AM
We are making progress on Project Midnight! At least he finally agrees I am not Clint. Maybe if we can get him from Midnight to NoonTime, he will see the light.

formula_2002
02-10-2003, 11:18 PM
Vig, I wrote my own program for down loading the exacta matrix from the internet about 5 years ago.

Pay attention here.
Based on the win pool odds, there are plenty of overlays in the exacta pool....10 min to post time. not so may at 3 min. to post time. virtually none at 1 min to post time.

It's not just you and me doing this.

Some where I have determined the average number of overlays that survive the 'cappers hook.

I'll post it when I find it.

Joe M

Devon5
02-24-2003, 08:00 PM
formula_2002,

I also wrote an exacta overlay program more than a few years ago and had the same experience you did - lots of potential early that then closes up as post time approaches.

Over the years it dawned on me that I was looking at it backwards - the exact payoffs seem more stable than the win odds. So now I look at the exacta pool to prevent me from placing a win bet at the five minute mark when the board is flashing 5-1 and then seeing it knocked down to something far less attractive as the last minute money flows in.

formula_2002
02-24-2003, 08:14 PM
Devon5
I do the same thing. When betting to win, I use the exacta pool to calculate the win pool odds.

Now if we only could make some $$ knowing that that 5-1 beast is going to drop to 5/2 at post time...