PDA

View Full Version : "Have A Good Life!"

Teach
02-21-2008, 11:34 AM
"Your mother's very attractive," I said. I might have just as well have said, "Have a good life!"

I had been fixed up with a Boston-area nursing-school student. I was then a college senior. I recall picking her up at her house. First date. Nice home. Nicely furnished. The girl was good looking. But her mother -- who greeted me at the door, was -- for a 40-year-old-plus woman -- an utter "knockout" (I kept thinking of Mrs. Robinson in the movie, "The Graduate").

Well, we get to my car. I figure I'll broach a conversation. But what do I say. "The weather?" "How's nursing school?" Instead, The greater fool -- yours truly -- comes out with: "Your mother's very attractive." Open mouth and insert size 11D. I'm "cooked." "Gag me with a spoon."

Well, fellow punters, there's message here. It's all about getting off to a good start when you play the ponies. Patience. Patience. and more -- patience. It does pay to wait for your spot..your horse..your play. I know it's tough, but...

Personally, I believe there's a direct correlation between getting off to a good start and having a good day. Conversely, when I play from behind I feel like I'm trying to climb back up a cliff.

As for that girl, as soon as I said, "Your mother's...," she replied, "Why don't you date her!" As for the evening, as Tony Soprano mighta said, "Fuhgettaboutit!"

Dave Schwartz
02-21-2008, 01:08 PM
LOL - Excellent!

The kind of faux pas that reminds me of a movie where the guy is taking his date home but she just sits in the car. She makes no move towards the door. So he talks.

She just sits there smiling and he continues talking.

It goes this way for a long time. HIm talking, her patiently smiling.

Finally, she says that she really must go.

That is when he discovers that he has parked right next to a small retaining wall and she could not open her door (to get away).

Kelso
02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Finally, she says that she really must go.

That is when he discovers that he has parked right next to a small retaining wall and she could not open her door (to get away).

I thought the punch line would be something about her waiting for him to come around and open the door. (Damn, I'm old. :rolleyes: )