PDA

View Full Version : Cappin' chatter - 2/21

nobeyerspls
02-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Chalky - Today we're supposed to do Jersey Joey's trifecta bet. He used to box five horses but now uses five in a 2x3x5 bet. It lowers the cost to twelve bucks and he says that he hits them regularly.
Longball - First of all, the guy is three eggs short of an omelet. Secondly, this is a stupid bet. You're supposed to handicap first and then structure the bet. This way you're forcing the handicapping in order to fill some template. But hey, I'll go along. You chose GP's 5th and I get the 6th.
Chalky - The 5th is a full field of maidens going 5f on the turf. I've eliminated the 4,5, and 9 as horses trying the grass before being dropped in price. I'll also drop the firsters 2,6, and 7 even thought the two is Pletcher. The last one out is the 12 because I don't think that she has enough early speed. My top two will be #11 War Eagle Lady and #1 Make Sure. The latter is a firster but Mt. Livermore is a solid turf sprint influence and the barn has a good record with horses of this type. I'll add #8 Blizzard Conditions to these in the 2nd spot. There's not much turf breeding but the horse is working well for the combo of Tagg and Coa. #3 Antonova and #10 Libor Lady join the other three in the 3rd spot. The former has had troubled trips and the latter has early speed but should fade late. If it's off the turf put my $12 on Roi Maudit in the 4th. He runs fresh and Mott gets them ready.
Longball - I found two horses in the 6th coming out of the race that Elysium Fields won. Tagg has that one entered in the stakes race on Sunday. The two are #5 Get the News and #9 Admiralty and they're both listed at 10-1, The five was shuffled back in that race and he has worked well since so I prefer him. I'll use #1 Two Double with those two in the the 2nd spot. He's been working well at Calder and his early speed is a plus on this surface. The last two to be added to the 3rd spot are #4 Cosmic, an honest sort, and #12 Unique Afleet a 30-1 second lifetime start.
Did you notice that that filly that ran 2nd for me at 34-1 is in the 3rd? Her name's Angel Made and she's listed at 8-1. I'll single her in picks and bet her to win/place.
Chalky - Thus avoiding the mistake you made last Friday. Any other live horses?
Longball - Yeah, but they're at Aqueduct. #5 Study Abroad (4-1) and #1 Mattituck (30-1) might run in the 4th. And two firsters, #1 Ed's Princess (12-1) and #2 Triple Brook (8-1) catch a weak field in the 6th.
Chalky - That name "Study Abroad" reminds me of that major mistake you made in college. You were supposed to do a semester abroad but you misunderstood and wound up doing a broad a semester.
Longball - Cornball jokes like that could get us suspended. Now we better hope that one of us hits one.