PDA

View Full Version : Anybody catch Rich Perloff's Comments about this board?

JustRalph
02-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Anybody catch Rich Perloff's comments about this board on Tuesday 02/19/08

Comments were made during his regular TVG Tuesday show...........

If so, what did you think?

MakinItHappen
02-19-2008, 04:01 PM
Nope, did not hear what Rich had to say, but please tell us more about the gist of his comments.

Thanks JustRalph and Best Of Luck To You!

MakinItHappen

BillW
02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Anybody catch Rich Perloff's comments about this board on Tuesday 02/19/08

Comments were made during his regular TVG Tuesday show...........

If so, what did you think?

Yep, not the first time I've heard that :(

Wickel
02-19-2008, 04:05 PM
What's with the suspense? What did Perloff say?

ryesteve
02-19-2008, 04:06 PM
What's with the suspense? What did Perloff say?
I'm guessing we're all a bunch of idiots :D

cj
02-19-2008, 04:12 PM
Surely one of the 4 guys that watch TVG can tell us what he said...come on guys.

Toss_DeLoser
02-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Didn't hear to board mentioned, but he did mention "BombsawayBob".:ThmbUp:

Wickel
02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
He's actually one of the few (and talented) guys I admire on TVG. Can't believe he dissed us--if that's indeed what he did.

BillW
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
from memory:

Someone asked him if he ever stopped by here. He said rarely when someone sent him a link but normally these are not the type of conversations he liked to get involved with. I can't necessarily say it was a diss and I'm not sure he meant it to sound that way.

BombsAway Bob
02-19-2008, 04:40 PM
He's actually one of the few (and talented) guys I admire on TVG. Can't believe he dissed us--if that's indeed what he did.
While his intonation may have been misconstrued, Rich was encouraging viewers to check out PA! He was merely saying that he doesn't participate in
"E-mail blog rooms/conversations".
I send him topics from here regularly, & he always reads them with interest. He's just not a 'blogger',per se. -Bob (Can I catch, Ber Bear..please?)

jma
02-19-2008, 04:43 PM
While his intonation may have been misconstrued, Rich was encouraging viewers to check out PA! He was merely saying that he doesn't participate in
"E-mail blog rooms/conversations".
I send him topics from here regularly, & he always reads them with interest. He's just not a 'blogger',per se. -Bob (Can I catch, Ber Bear..please?)

Absolutely not true. I had TVG on while I was watching my son roll around the floor (he's six months old, don't worry) and BillW called it. He said paceadvantage.com was not the kind of place he would spend time, and that if you read the board you would know that. Of course TVG does get ripped on here so I can understand his opinion, but it was definitely not a compliment.

JustRalph
02-19-2008, 04:52 PM
Absolutely not true. I had TVG on while I was watching my son roll around the floor (he's six months old, don't worry) and BillW called it. He said paceadvantage.com was not the kind of place he would spend time, and that if you read the board you would know that. Of course TVG does get ripped on here so I can understand his opinion, but it was definitely not a compliment.

Ding!!! You get the prize...........

onefast99
02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
Two weeks ago we had a horse run while Matt C was on with Nakatani, I couldnt get out to the track so I watched the race on TVG Matt said he didnt like my horse because he finishes 2nd all the time, Nakatani said I'll ride a horse that finishes second all the time anytime, we won and I emailed Matt with no response. As far as what Perloff thinks of this forum everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I cant get HRTV so I have to watch TVG and I like Frank especially when he does impersinations.

Doc
02-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Perloff is probably a lurker ... :) He just doesn't want to admit that he gets his handicapping information from this site for the cards he's discussing on air!

Doc :ThmbUp:

rokitman
02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Perloff is probably a lurker ... :) He just doesn't want to admit that he gets his handicapping information from this site for the cards he's discussing on air!

Doc :ThmbUp:
His nom de plume wouldn't happen to be The Professor, would it?

boomman
02-19-2008, 05:59 PM

Although I didn't hear Rich's comments, I have a lot of respect for him as a racing enthusiast and have always found him to be complimentary in general to not only my enthusiasm in calling the races, but to racing at Yavapai Downs, as he is usually the one that is frequently introducing our races from the TVG studios when we run on Mondays and Tuesdays in the summer months. But, if indeed Rich "dissed" this board and you're positive that he did, then that was in itself extremely disrespectful to all of the participants at PA, in bad taste, and highly unprofessional. For those of you that heard the comments that way, I recommend that you drop him a line with your comments/criticisms ......

Boomer

Marshall Bennett
02-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Mondays and Tuesdays are about all I like at TVG anymore . I enjoy his open forum where folks chime in . Some of it is good , some is bullshit . He addresses most all of it , even the bullshit . I beleive new fans to the sport could appreciate his input and variety . Perhaps his interpretation of a thread such as this one is a reason to shy away .

JustRalph
02-19-2008, 06:35 PM
Rich Perloff does the best stuff on TVG. He is also the best handicapper and the most improved broadcaster. But I do think he dissed us a little today.

come on Rich.........join the party

GaryG
02-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Rich Perloff does the best stuff on TVG. He is also the best handicapper and the most improved broadcaster. But I do think he dissed us a little today.

come on Rich.........join the partyMaybe Larry the Loser told Rich about his experience with us.....:eek:

northerndancer
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I for one heard Perloff's comments and was extremely disappointed with him...... I thought he was at least open to all forms of opinions and expression of those opinions....... the other talking heads (except for Mr. B as he is one of us) on the show no regard to any opinion but their own.

Frank Lyons only speaks of his friends and buddies in glowing praise...... if you are not one of Frank's cohorts you get no mention;

Matt C is too buys trying to look pretty as he has gone Hollywood.... when he first started he did a very good job but his performance has gone down hill fast.... maybe he has let that god awful show 58 flat get to his head.... maybe with Santa Anita they need to change the name to 56 flat;

Ken Rudolph maybe the biggest poser of them all.... he could not spell horse if you gave him the HORS....... his claim to fame is picking Giacomo....enough said;

Since I am on the topic of talking heads I have noticed two individuals on HRTV that I think will be emerging talents and ambassadors for our game...... Aaron Verycrusse and Lafit Pincay's son..... they are both extremely knowledgeable about the game and show a genuine affinity for racing. I would really like to see the powers that be at HRTV put these two gentlemen on together.

I may not agree with the posters on this forum but I have to say it is a great bunch of people who tend to have the racing game first and foremost and that is a group of people I am proud to say that I hang with......

The Hawk
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
The other kid is irritating but I wouldn't be surprised to see Laffit's kid on a network in the future, and not just restricted to horse racing. He has an excellent presence and is very polished, with a strong voice to boot.

Wickel
02-19-2008, 11:01 PM
While we're on the subject of talking heads, Jeff Siegel dwarfs the whole lot when it comes to handicapping. He may not command the presence of some, but he certainly knows his horse racing. And he presents his material in a modest, refreshing way.

asH
02-20-2008, 12:21 AM
I had a email conversation with Rich some time ago he has other interest he follows in his spare time i.e. directing, and acting...it wasnt a diss. On the other hand Matt (in my mind ) covers his handicapping ability under the vail of being a long shot player. I'm stuck with it...but thats another story about the industry.

asH

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2008, 12:39 AM
Considering some of the stuff posted about TVG here, is it any surprise that TVG doesn't sing the praises of PaceAdvantage.com? :lol:

But seriously, Perloff does get a lot of props here (relatively speaking), and I for one enjoy his show, and have said so in the past (I think).

I'm also one of the few here, apparently, who enjoys :58 flat and Matt C....and have said so in the past (in case anyone thinks I'm kissing up to get a favorable mention....:D )

I'm usually watching on Tuesdays, and I know he's mentioned this place before on his show (he's got lots of hours to fill). Too bad I wasn't watching Tuesday.

And for the record, they've been talking about PaceAdvantage.com on TVG for YEARS.....here's a video BLAST from the PAST, where our very own hall-of-fame member SUFF (who, when last seen, had sworn off the ponies), pimps out the VERY FIRST PaceAdvantage.com Saratoga Getaway......take it away Suff.....

(PS. TVG and PaceAdvantage.com were both born in the same year....coincidence?)

olbbEqsMqgU

asH
02-20-2008, 01:03 AM
58: flat...the fastest show on television......thank the lord :D

its....... babel.... for a whole hour.

northerndancer
02-20-2008, 01:43 AM
My point about all this is that collectively WE as an industry have to do whatever we can to promote horse racing........ the fact is that Perloff should have been more professional in how and what he said..... like it or not PaceAdvantage offers information about the industry..... do I agree with the opinions of everyone......NO..... but I agree that they should have the ability to offer those opinions and provide factual basis if questioned by another member of this community.......

Perloff should have stated that he prefers to spend his time actively involved in other ways but that any entity that helps inform and promote racing is a positive to the industry.

We can berate and spit venom at the MEC's, Churchill's, TNM's, regulators, etc but the bottom line is we will all need each other to fight the good fight in the future..... this is a family and a community and one that I am proud to be a part of........ that being said there will always be differences of opinions and that is necessary for survival.

I am very taken back by Rich and his comments today as IMO they were unprofessional and mean spirited......... I guess I am down to Chris Kotulak and Mr. B when it comes to TVG at least they come off the pedastal to offer a hand up to us less fortunates in the world of racing.

In relation to Onefast not receiving any return message from Frank Lyons I am not surprised by this....... I also sent a letter to Mr. Lyons after he dismissed a horse in a Grade 1 stating the horse did not belong with these..... the horse went on to win the Grade 1...... the horses next start Mr. Lyons stated that the Grade 1 race was a fluke...... give the horse his just due he won a Grade 1..... I also never received a reply to my written corrspondence.

Light
02-20-2008, 02:01 AM
Had a weird experience with Perloff a couple of months ago. I noticed he was having a slow e-mail day so I thought I'd chime in. He picked a horse I thought had a negative angle. So I emailed him right before the race went off. His horse wins as the favorite. Right after the race,he mentions my email and says he doesnt want to embarress me about how I thought his pick was "stupid" when it just won and says he'd like to hear why people like certain horses,not why they think someone's pick is "stupid". The word "stupid" was never in my email nor an insinuation of it. I emailed him right back and told him so. I told him that all I was saying was that I think that the horse had a negative angle,not that he nor his pick is stupid. He did finally acknowledge what my point was on the air and mentioned that Frank Merimonte refused to play a pk4 horse with that very angle a few days before. I Emailed him again thanking him for acknowledging my point publicly,but I have no idea why he made up that bs about my email initially. I just thought he would discuss the angle rather than get defensive about it.

Hajck Hillstrom
02-20-2008, 05:37 AM
...and in no way did Rich Perloff diss PA.

He directed a viewer to the site and complimented its usefulness, but basically said he doesn't participate. He endorsed the site, but made it clear that it wasn't for personal gain.

Who can blame him? His perspective is open to critisism daily, and he is on record via the TVG network.

He doesn't engage in this forum, and I dare say that few of us would if we were in his position. Look how Vic Stuaffer's comments are often ripped, and the TVG crew in general, not that they shouldn't be, but there isn't an upside for them to contribute here. Plus, the association with TVG puts any comment they might make here at risk as a representitive of the network.

TVG is not a source for journalism, it is an entertainment venue.

This is a tremendous source of perspective for many of us, but even the most valuable contributors are often raked over the coals by many who feel that type of vent is useful.

JustRalph
02-20-2008, 06:10 AM
olbbEqsMqgU

Took me a month to get that five minutes of air time. Greg Wolf is a good guy. This was back before they put me on their email filter and I could actually talk to some of their people. You send one email ripping them and what happens? They have some great people working in the behind the scenes roles as well. They have changed .............just like everything else...........

jma
02-20-2008, 07:38 AM
Although I didn't hear Rich's comments, I have a lot of respect for him as a racing enthusiast and have always found him to be complimentary in general to not only my enthusiasm in calling the races, but to racing at Yavapai Downs, as he is usually the one that is frequently introducing our races from the TVG studios when we run on Mondays and Tuesdays in the summer months. But, if indeed Rich "dissed" this board and you're positive that he did, then that was in itself extremely disrespectful to all of the participants at PA, in bad taste, and highly unprofessional. For those of you that heard the comments that way, I recommend that you drop him a line with your comments/criticisms ......

Boomer

Nah, I don't think I would write him to criticize him for that. He was responding to an email suggesting he visit paceadvantage.com, so he didn't just attack out of the blue. I imagine he's read some of the anti-TVG threads or been told about them. If that's his opinion, it's his opinion. I actually think he does a good job on there, especially compared to some of the other hosts.

jma
02-20-2008, 07:42 AM

He directed a viewer to the site and complimented its usefulness, but basically said he doesn't participate. He endorsed the site, but made it clear that it wasn't for personal gain.

Who can blame him? His perspective is open to critisism daily, and he is on record via the TVG network.

He doesn't engage in this forum, and I dare say that few of us would if we were in his position. Look how Vic Stuaffer's comments are often ripped, and the TVG crew in general, not that they shouldn't be, but there isn't an upside for them to contribute here. Plus, the association with TVG puts any comment they might make here at risk as a representitive of the network.

This is a tremendous source of perspective for many of us, but even the most valuable contributors are often raked over the coals by many who feel that type of vent is useful.

How is saying that he wouldn't spend time at a place like this, and if you looked at this board you'd know why NOT a diss? In what world is that an endorsement of this site? I know they read your emails on the air sometimes, but c'mon. I actually agree with most of the rest of what you wrote, but he Rich was NOT complimenting this site.

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Took me a month to get that five minutes of air time. Greg Wolf is a good guy.Was that you who sent me that clip? That was a long time ago, so I must have forgotten.....props to JustRalph for providing the clip....

Is it just me, or has TVG taken some of the criticisms posted here constructively, and they are now doing a much better job of making sure they show more races? That's my recent impression.....

boomman
02-20-2008, 10:18 AM

Hajck: There are several of us that are track announcers and in the public eye on a regular basis that participate here with no problem whatsoever (and in my case even co-sponsor this site as an authorized advertiser) because we LOVE horse racing and strongly believe that this type of forum can be productive with positive ideas and suggestions for the future. I realize that those of us who use our real names on here are more "under the microscope" than those who post anonymously, but we accepted that responsibility of "having our name out there" when we became track announcers/television personalities in the first place. Again I didn't hear Rich Perloff's comments, and it is certainly his choice whether he participates here or not, but making any comment that he would not participate here certainly is something he didn't need to say, as you can tell from the varying opinions from those that have commented on this, that at the very least his comments were open to interpretation. Announcers, (whether they're at the racetrack or on television) must be very cognizant of the fact that anything they say could be possibly misconstrued as criticism/endorsement of a product/forum no matter what it is, have got to tread "lightly".......;)

Boomer

asH
02-20-2008, 10:50 AM
Boy, you guys are tough...perhaps this is why Richey P. or many others dont participate here...
How can anyone be so sure his meaning or intent?? Most would agree at worst Richie P. is fair... Do you really feel he would comment negatively about a forum he hasn’t visited or participated in??

Simple enough to solve, email him

Handicapping is ultimately about logic

Murph
02-20-2008, 11:23 AM

This is a tremendous source of perspective for many of us, but even the most valuable contributors are often raked over the coals by many who feel that type of vent is useful.I disagree about TVG being a scource of journalism.
They are broadcasting events as they occur and reporting the facts surrounding them. TVG and their broadcast network employees certainly carry journalistic responsibilites and liabilities.

Murph

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2008, 11:33 AM
For the record, if my memory hasn't failed me completely, I believe JustRalph was not only responsible for getting the clip, he actually had a hand in setting up the interview between TVG and Suff.....just giving credit where credit is due.

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2008, 11:36 AM
Boy, you guys are tough...perhaps this is why Richey P. or many others dont participate here...We're tough but lovable. Plus, we're moderated incredibly well, if I do say so myself :lol: ....walking that fine line between total freedom of speech and reasonable moderation.....

JustRalph
02-20-2008, 11:37 AM
Was that you who sent me that clip? That was a long time ago, so I must have forgotten.....props to JustRalph for providing the clip....

Is it just me, or has TVG taken some of the criticisms posted here constructively, and they are now doing a much better job of making sure they show more races? That's my recent impression.....

I didn't send you the clip. But I did lobby TVG for Suff's appearance........for about a month......when I lived in the Los Angeles area. Don't you remember the scramble........for an on air person? :lol: :lol:

Damn, seems like ten years ago

PaceAdvantage
02-20-2008, 11:45 AM
Yes, see reply #36, I did remember it was you that set the thing up. It must have been Suff who sent me the clip....

Marshall Bennett
02-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't always agree with the announcers . Some I don't enjoy the least . I will say this however . Horse racing certainly isn't the most popular spectator sport around , to have two networks broadcasting live racing seven days a week noon to midnight is an advantage no other sport ( that I can think of ) can appreciate. So I'll deal with a few negatives ... and enjoy !!

JustRalph
02-20-2008, 12:56 PM
Yes, see reply #36, I did remember it was you that set the thing up. It must have been Suff who sent me the clip....

I must have been writing and watching tv while you were writing 36.......

then I came back and posted........... :ThmbUp:

Hajck Hillstrom
02-20-2008, 02:15 PM
How is saying that he wouldn't spend time at a place like this, and if you looked at this board you'd know why NOT a diss? You are so wrong. What he was communicating was that PA isn't his cup of tea, but that others could certainly find it useful.

Now this might be a bad analogy, but I used to own a pub here in Seattle. We would have guys come into town and ask about the Gentlemen's Clubs available in town. I would direct them away from the disreputable ones and reccomend those that would be more to their liking. Now, I didn't frequent these establishments, not because I didn't think the women weren't beautiful or what they were doing was wrong , but because I've never felt comfortable in that environment.

Now, before everyone jumps down my throat for comparing PA to a Strip Club.... I didn't do that. It was an illustration of directing someone somewhere that you wouldn't go, but because it would be useful to them.

Two of Bill Shakespeare quotes come to mind regarding this topic.

"Methinks thou doest protest too much."

"Much ado about nothing."

bigmack
02-20-2008, 02:30 PM
A PA Gentlemens Club?

Let me guess: A two drink minimum and you tip em with carrots and sugar cubes?

Image deleted...I don't think PA wants that kind of stuff here, even if it was pretty funny...sorry.

Hajck Hillstrom
02-20-2008, 02:57 PM
A PA Gentlemens Club?

Let me guess: A two drink minimum and you tip em with carrots and sugar cubes?:lol: :lol:

Good Stuff.

BombsAway Bob
02-20-2008, 02:59 PM
A PA Gentlemens Club?

Image deleted...I don't think PA wants that kind of stuff here, even if it was pretty funny...sorry.
Who picks up the mount to boot this baby home?

asH
02-20-2008, 03:44 PM
We're tough but lovable. Plus, we're moderated incredibly well, if I do say so myself :lol: ....walking that fine line between total freedom of speech and reasonable moderation.....

ahhhhh..I can agree with that :D

Pace Cap'n
02-20-2008, 04:18 PM
A PA Gentlemens Club?

Lap dances can be a real pain, however.

Suff
02-20-2008, 05:27 PM
And for the record, they've been talking about PaceAdvantage.com on TVG for YEARS.....here's a video BLAST from the PAST, where our very own hall-of-fame member SUFF (who, when last seen, had sworn off the ponies), pimps out the VERY FIRST PaceAdvantage.com Saratoga Getaway......take it away Suff.....

I got tipped that the cops were out here looking for me?.

That 7 finished 3rd at 30-1 btw, and I don't mean 3rd by a country mile, He was 3rd by ran out of room! by a length and 3/4'rs, comin hard! kinda 3rd! , he did need that mile after all.

If that 7 wins, I'd probably been given my own show on TVG. The way I touted the 7, while on my feet with no form in front of me, I'm delivering rarely used or lesser known angles on national TV like water over a cliff! The natural flow is a beautiful thing in it of itself.

Although with my Boston Accent I sound like I'm calling in from the 2nd tier at Walpole State prison. Actually, I think I might of had a joint in my mouth. Wasn't enough to harness the flow though.

Andi Serling gets a 100 bucks to do that at Siros'. Not that I'm in his league but we both rip into the racing form the same way.

They wanted me to dig into Azeri,:faint: My 10 year old nephew could of broke Azeri down. ... I'm breaking down 10 statebreds with more equipment changes than Jorge Posada.

To break down Azeri and call that Handicapping is like walking up a Handicap Ramp and calling it mountain climbing!

I don't play horses anymore. Doing something different, and loving it. Never been happier. I only gave up racing because it did not fit with other things I'm doing. I will always like world class racing.

I miss New York racing. But I was missing NY racing when I was betting it the last 5 years. The first day the Similcast TV got turned on at Suffolk Downs I went hook and sinker as a NY racing fan. So its disappointing to see its condition. But I feel good not contributing to it. When they bring back a World Class Product, I'm all in. Anything short of World Class is a failure for NY racing. It deserves nothing less. Get the slots, repair the damage and I'll be waiting in line at 11:00 AM for the gate to open.

Remember when your deciding the appropiate risk amount to place on your horse.
If it don't hurt it don't count@!

You can do me but you'll never be me.:ThmbUp:

asH
02-21-2008, 12:35 AM
:D

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2008, 03:28 AM
Good to see you post again Suff....."Walpole State prison...." Funny stuff!

Suff
02-21-2008, 10:02 AM
Ooops,

I'm laying in bed last night, drifting off to sleep while cuddling with my 29 year old girlfriend and it came to me, that even though my post was 100% humor, it was remiss of me not to thank Ralph for putting The TVG inteview together, and also not to thank all the guys who came, particulary the guys who got on a plane to come. Trijack, BillW, Dave Schwartz, RedKnave, Did CJ come year one? I think he did,,,, I can't think of the rest right now.....But it was Awesome, including the TVG interview which set the stage for a priceless experience.

TOGA ONE.....what can you say? All Time Classic.

My approach to the main issue of Perloff diss'ing PA?

My view? As long as someone somewhere is talking about me, I'm doing something right. There are 300 million people in this country that no one knows anything about, I'm thrilled I'm not in that group.

Perloff? Don't know the man, Could'nt pick him out of a two man line up if you spotted me a 2nd chance. However based on his comments he strikes me as a guy that calls the Internet,...The Internets. More than likey when he's sitting in some bar across the street from the Ramada Inn he's staying at, he and 4 other bust-outs declare the Internet a fad.

There are lots of people that have a beautiful stroke as long as they stay in the shallow end, when they wade into deeper waters where all the sharks are, they get eaten up.

Over and out

DJofSD
02-21-2008, 10:56 AM
Welcome back Kotter, er, Suff!

Don't forget that absence makes the heart grow fonder. Just tell that 29 year old babe that posting to this board will only make you appreciate her more!

asH
02-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Richie P. was misinterpreted

the horse

Suff
02-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Don't put horses in my brain due to slow exit. Its like hitting a gong.

TVG, I had an account for years. Before they even opened their booth at Suffolk. To access your TVG account you had to leave the track and walk about 300 yards to a building. And they gave you handwritten receipts from one of them pads you see in rooming houses... I tell no lie.

My Saturday handicapping started Thursday night. By 1:00 saturday I'm good to go. Played TVG every bet... My goal with my TVG account was not to take money out, but to never put it in. Going two months on a churn is very inexpensive fun. I'd have all my Formulator filtered pages printed spread all over the dining room, I'd have the Form in 6 parts. It looked like I was either getting ready to invade a small country, or cure some disease.

My biggest expense then was INK. I printed everything. I handicapped off paper for so long I had to have paper in my hands. When you start printing different filters with formulator, with life time starts. Your talking some ink.

I switched to watch -n wager because TVG's reporting ,,,, well they had NO reporting for the longest time. I had a beef with TVG that I could not get them to understand, I went round and round with them. Maybe its changed.

Say you have 2500 in your account, and you throw 200 of it at a race.

You play WP$ some 10.00 zactas, some cheapy 3 dollar ones, and since your live to 4 of the 7 entries in the final leg of pick 3, you spread a little around what you don't have so you at least get your bet back if your horses run out, Its One of those races where your going to have the winner somwhere, but your still open to going negative on the race if one of those 3 win. Limit loss's basically. Knowing the bottom before the race goes off.

So you got what? 17,18 19, tickets ,,,,maybe more.

So the phone rings, and you get to talking and you miss the race. But when you return you see your 2500 is now 3367! So you go to see where on TVG that shows me what I bet, and how much it paid and it DOES NOT exist on TVG. I tell no lie.

I lay out my 19 tickets and I go through each one, $125 for $5.00 exacta, and 225 for the win on the nose. and so forth. And I itemize it all out and comes to exactly 3367.

So I call and I tell the guy, I like to see what bets won and how much they pay because I don't want to have to spend half my time checking to make sure you paid me right.

And honestly, they never got it. I talked 10 people there and none of them saw it as a problem. I said, listen there is one word I never mix with Horse's and Gambling, Its trust. I do not want to double check your math for all my winners. I don't trust you, I don't trust the computer, I don't trust the horse..... , I don't want clunks of money going in and out of the account with this lack of itemization. But still.....blank stares.

Grand total = 2 hours I've watched TVG during race time. I play my own horses. You could hit races 1 through 5 with bulleyes. I'm not interested in who your playing in the sixth. My Dad taught me good. Never
handicap with your ears. Its all babble to me. I don't care if I just lost seven in a row, my chest is out. Because I know I'm gonna get the 8th and/or 9th.

I like the track feed anyway. Longer looks at the paddock and good shots of the meet ups with the ponies. That's what I like. If those guys at TVG want to teach you something? Tell them to call me. I'll tell them and then they can tell you.

Hopefully thats it, but If I feel like ranting about horses I'll be back.