PDA

View Full Version : Santa Anita 5-9

Tee
02-02-2003, 05:42 PM
Race 5

From The War Room

17:28:27 [teeitup] Keying around the 8 at Santa Anita. Not thinking he can win it, but just might hit the ticket.

Barely held on to third for me, but barely gets it done.

cj
02-02-2003, 05:52 PM
I'm always a little partial to those Shirreff's 1sters. GO 9.

CJ

Tee
02-02-2003, 06:06 PM
I liked the way Seattle Shamus looked on his way to the gate for his debut, he was done when the gate opened. He's been working very well for his 2nd start & I'll start my wagers with him.

Timber Legend exits the same race & should get some bottom from that effort since it was off a couple month break. Downside is he could fall victim to a wide trip again.

Sequoian also exits the same race which was off the bench for him as well. He is capable of better than that effort & I see him moving forward here. His entrymate Spirit O' War doesn't look bad either, very steady worktab for the son of Boston Harbor - looks primed for his combacker.

cj
02-02-2003, 06:13 PM
Hey tee,

You are the one who taught me about John Shirreffs...what's up with punking him like that! $18.60, yeah baby!

CJ

Tee
02-02-2003, 06:18 PM
You had him covered, I didn't need to belabor the point lol.

I thought I'd give ya the rest of the superfecta lol

Here's my Santa Anita picks posted on the other site.

To: ALL (9 of 11)

3999.9 in reply to 3999.8

3-6

2-3

6-5

3-2

8-2

5-9

7-8

2-5

8-7

Options Reply Delete Edit Rate

cj
02-02-2003, 06:22 PM
I had a feeling you'd have that exacta. I just stuck to straight win, nothing irks me more than to hit a price horse and not cash because I get greedy!

I'm trying to beat Congaree in the 9th, be back soon...

CJ

Tee
02-02-2003, 06:39 PM
Chattting on another site, almost missed out.

LIke View From The Top - 2nd off a lengthy vacation with a couple good works in between.

The Euro shipper for Jory looks good as well.

Oh yeah the Frankel trainee also.

cj
02-02-2003, 06:55 PM
The Jory shipper ran quite nicely!

As for the feature...

I really think Congaree is big time overrated, but he is hard to go against today due to the lack of pace in the race. I'm watching and will hope he wins wire to wire again and look to score playing against him in the future.

CJ

Tee
02-02-2003, 07:00 PM
Very nice run from the Jory horse indeed.

I agree on the pace scenario big time. Congaree is getting hammered in the show pools. The thing that concerns me are his speed figures. Now I am probably reaching but here goes.

He gets a 120 BSF in the Cigar Mile, comes back in the San Pasqual wth a 114. Now I have seen some thoroughbreds throw a total clunker with this pattern.

Who the beneficiary might be, I'm not quite sure. Fleetstreet Dancer could be right there if something goes amiss with Congaree, so could Cottage.

I'll throw a few $$$ against in the show pool & leave it at that.

cj
02-02-2003, 07:06 PM
tee,

Thanks for pointing out the show pool thing. I'd be foolish not to risk a few bucks for a couple hundred. You don't have to get lucky often in these types of races to show a nice profit.

I'd love to know who the idiots are who make these plunges in the show pool.

CJ

Tee
02-02-2003, 07:24 PM
Foiled again in the show pool!!

What the %!@# is Baffert feeding Congaree!!

Like you said,

NEXT TIME!!!

Tee
02-02-2003, 07:39 PM
Somebody give me some money to play this race, cuz I certainly won't spend any of my own. lol

Biancone/Farina has done this trick before with Underpinning(who ran fairly well today) so it wouldn't surprise me to see Rooster's Deputy run a little.

My longshot is the 8 Smoken Pass You. Coming back 2nd off a bit of a vacation & stretching out. Has the pedigree to do it.

There almost all in the gate so I'll cut this post short.

Those pix sure did suck, that's why I wanted someone elses money!!