PDA

View Full Version : Pick 6 Hit at S.A.

theratpac
02-18-2008, 08:53 PM
I believe it paid over 3 Million does anyone know where it was bought or how much they spent to hit it?:confused:

bigmack
02-18-2008, 09:09 PM
The lone winning ticket was purchased through a parimutuel hub based in New Jersey.
http://www.santaanita.com/news/pr.php?f=santaanitahasrecordpicksixpayoffof3

Damn those wise guys

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/SCR/624A~Sopranos-Posters.jpg

Imriledup
02-18-2008, 09:09 PM
someone in NJ hit it.

MAGICHORSEMAN
02-19-2008, 02:04 AM
I am sure he used the ultimate pp's with comment at brisnet!!!

JustRalph
02-19-2008, 04:57 AM
I can't believe somebody hit that thing............... :bang:

Roger Friggin Stein brings in a huge price in the finale and somebody hits it?

john del riccio
02-19-2008, 07:43 AM
I can't believe somebody hit that thing............... :bang:

Ralph,

The FTS would have knocked me out.....

John

DJofSD
02-19-2008, 10:11 AM

I had that winner on my P6 ticket but had not even noticed the trainer! Oh my!

I put in a $64 ticket but did not play any of my selections in any other way. Do others play the other sequential exotics with the same picks?

What about straight up win bets on your selections? If there are more than two or three selections in each leg this would require very long odds. What about playing the most likely winner in each leg?

JustRalph
02-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Ralph,

The FTS would have knocked me out.....

John

Did you see the smile on the trainers face as he headed to the winners circle. He didn't seem surprised at all.............. :bang: :lol:

He is probably shopping for a new car today...........

Niko
02-19-2008, 02:46 PM
Roger Stein has a radio show right-or at least he did? Maybe he can comment on it. The horse figured but I was scared away by the long lay-off and trainer stats---the FTS knocked me out earlier but it still would have been nice to cash a little on 5/6.

Not sure what could have been used on the FTS, maybe someone else uses a program they'd like to share that listed the horse, say even in the top 5

ddog
02-19-2008, 04:20 PM
I had that winner on my P6 ticket but had not even noticed the trainer! Oh my!

I put in a $64 ticket but did not play any of my selections in any other way. Do others play the other sequential exotics with the same picks?

What about straight up win bets on your selections? If there are more than two or three selections in each leg this would require very long odds. What about playing the most likely winner in each leg?

Pk3-Pk4-doubles?

rokitman
02-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Anybody want to take a ride to New Jersey with me? We'll split the gas and tolls and there will be a modest charge if you wish to stop to eat or go to the bathroom.

Imriledup
02-19-2008, 06:25 PM
I believe it paid over 3 Million does anyone know where it was bought or how much they spent to hit it?:confused:

There's a way to figure out how many 'consolations' were hit, that can determine if the winner had a huge ticket or small one. If you hit a pick 6 on a HUGE ticket (say 10k or more) you have probably 50 or 100 consolations. So, with a little math, someone here can determine how many consolations were hit and how many of those conso's were likely to be people OTHER than the winning ticket.

Get to work you math geniuses!:jump:

cnollfan
02-19-2008, 07:17 PM
I used the first-starter, though not through any computer program. Basically I thought that none of the horses that had started were any good, so I was shopping around. I'm less interested in firsters when the ones that have run look like they can. For a few years in the 1990s I was about 1 for 50 in the Breeders' Cup and that one was Lit du Justice, so I have a soft spot for him as a sire. And as an intangible, it seems like a lot of first-starters have been winning maiden claiming races all over the country and paying well in the past couple weeks -- certainly at Oaklawn, which is my primary track this time of year.

I didn't use the 6-5 shot that won the sixth, though. <blush>

point given
02-20-2008, 12:15 PM
There's a way to figure out how many 'consolations' were hit, that can determine if the winner had a huge ticket or small one. If you hit a pick 6 on a HUGE ticket (say 10k or more) you have probably 50 or 100 consolations. So, with a little math, someone here can determine how many consolations were hit and how many of those conso's were likely to be people OTHER than the winning ticket.

Deduct the track take from the total pool , deduct the one winner from the total, divide the number by the amount of the 5/6 payouts, and it should be the number of 5/6 tickets sold. I doubt there is any way to ascertain how many people cashed those as the lone winner must have had multiples of 5/6, plus possibly some others. Do your own math - genius :jump:

point given
02-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Hey, who took my picture ? Y'us guyz betta come clean. I didn't want this thing gettin' out ! Now, the whole friggin' neighborhood is gonna' be on my'ass !!! . hey, paulie, how's about a loan ? you know me, I'm good for it, honest :cool:

The lone winning ticket was purchased through a parimutuel hub based in New Jersey.
http://www.santaanita.com/news/pr.php?f=santaanitahasrecordpicksixpayoffof3

Damn those wise guys

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/SCR/624A~Sopranos-Posters.jpg

BillW
02-20-2008, 12:21 PM

24x @ $7786

George Sands
02-20-2008, 01:01 PM
From www.thesheets.com (http://www.thesheets.com):

General
SHEET player scores again - (Robespierre) 02-20-08 - 11:53 AM
The SHEET player who once again wishes to remain anonymous (a few years ago he quietly took down the whole pool of a pick 6 at CD for over a million) walked away with Monday's three million$ plus SA pick six. Congratulations on a great play.
Date=02-20-08 </I>[Msgid=1375836] [LoginName=Robespierre]
[Replies to this message, if any, are listed below.]

Spendabuck85
02-20-2008, 01:28 PM
From Cristblog at drf.com

The winner of the $3.1 million pick six payoff at Santa Anita Monday invested $4,320 on a single 8x1x6x5x1x9 caveman ticket he purchased at The Meadowlands, according to this release from the track's media department:

The lone winner of Santa Anita’s $3.1 million Pick 6 on Monday purchased his ticket at the Meadowlands Racetrack. The $4,320 ticket yielded a $3,120,256 payout, a Santa Anita record.

The winner netted $2,381,423 after federal and state taxes. He also cashed the $7,786 five-of-six consolation payout 24 times, for another $186,878.

http://cristblog.drf.com/crist/

JustRalph
02-20-2008, 01:38 PM
4k ticket...........very nice............if you got the money to play that...........I guess since he already took down a million dollar pick six before.......he had the money :lol:

two nice singles............

theratpac
02-20-2008, 02:01 PM
4k ticket...........very nice............if you got the money to play that...........I guess since he already took down a million dollar pick six before.......he had the money :lol:

two nice singles............

I AM using the Jack Van Berg method of handicapping, if it looks like a duck, and smells like a duck then it probably is a duck. ;)