PDA

View Full Version : Doug O'Neill today at SA...

Hajck Hillstrom
02-17-2008, 02:51 PM
...has 2 interesting situations.

Race7: JUSTICE IS BRIEF returns in 6 days at 4-1

Race9: NOTIONAL returns as the 5-2 favorite after nearly a year off (323 days).

Will he be able to demonstrate his training chops with these two entries on the card?

I'm interested in any perspectives as I am shaping a serious Pik6 ticket that should it meet with any success, I have been known to express my appreciation.

Greyfox
02-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Notional has back class for sure. But where has he been for the past year?
And he's never been down Santa Anita's hill. He's a toss out on my ticket.
#1 Desert Code has been working well and don't underestimate # 8 Moth Ball at a price.

ponyplayer
02-17-2008, 03:10 PM
We have another coming back in just 4 days...

6th Race
#13 Sexy Soldier, Sadler/Gomez, dropping from Straight Maidens to $25K claimer....trying to take the money and run..... :cool:

chickenhead
02-17-2008, 04:10 PM
Battle Won

Boca Poppy
02-17-2008, 06:03 PM
Does SA give shoe information ?

skate
02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
Does SA give shoe information ?

yes.

i used to find, track and equipment info on TV caption screen, before the first race.

Greyfox
02-17-2008, 10:40 PM
Notional has back class for sure. But where has he been for the past year?
And he's never been down Santa Anita's hill. He's a toss out on my ticket.
#1 Desert Code has been working well and don't underestimate # 8 Moth Ball at a price.

Moth Ball paid $15.40 Place.
I boarded and flat bet Moth Ball top and bottom for win and exactas. # 11 Cheroot at 27-1 came in, by a nose. I'll take it. I couldn't have figured Cheroot down the hill but I had a "hunch" that this could be wilder than one could handicap. After all it was on Santa Anita's hill. I probably made out better than if Moth Ball would have won.
Another bettor told me that Notional was blocked down the lane.
Tough titty. Notional was a toss!
But not completely. In the case that he was as good as the write up in the DRF I had a $ 3 exacta box at Post Time for Notional and Moth Ball. Notional apparently was "blocked" according to other bettors. Frankly, Scarlet, I don't give a damn.
Oops. The $ 1 dollar exacta paid $ 460 and change. One time that I was glad that I took the board, top and bottom. I don't usually do that.

Niko
02-18-2008, 01:36 PM
I almost always toss fav's and low priced horses off long lay-offs- but did incude Notional in exotics. I had a nice win bet and p3 with Moth Ball. What a bummer...never saw Cheroot coming up with this one downhill and with the pace set up. Had the next 3...that's racing

Nice score.