PDA

View Full Version : 17FEB08SA Selections (All on one thread !!!)

SRK
02-17-2008, 02:47 PM
Race 1

Hard to get past the chalk in the the opener, which I believe is the start of a very hittable early Pick 4. Bullsbay (7) is a lightly raced and improving 4-y-o who has closed nicely in his first two going 6 furlongs. Rider switch to Gomez and this one looks like he we benefit from the added distance. Morning line favorite Good Request (3) is certain to draw attention at the windows, but I’m not convinced. He’s already lost three without seriously challenging for the win, so Frankel sat him down on the bench. Adding the blinks might just do the trick, and while he certainly would be no surprise, I’m leaning elsewhere. Clued In (3) goes turf to AW, which is an 0/15 move for Hofmans, and gets the poor rail, but the distance will not be a problem and he has a good chance to plod around the track for a minor award.

Race 2

Wilburs Mr. Ed (5) drops into a winning situation for Mike Puype. Bullet work signals Ed is in decent shape and Wilbur usually gives a good accounting of himself. The rail is not a bad place to be at this distance, and if Six Again (1) can repeat either of his last two, he has a good chance here, at a decent price. He lures Talamo for low profile trainer Sergio Fiscal. Morning line favorite Cousins Lew (6) was claimed for $20k in his last, and Spawr immediately drops him down to $12.5k. That concerns me. City Stormer (2) tries sprinting again, and could get up late for a piece.

SRK
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Race 3

Only six line up for this state-bred allowance sprint and about half of them should contest for the lead. That appears to set things up for Gamblers Justice (3). She appears to be a little light class wise, but if things get too hot up front, she should be passing the tiring leaders inside the 16th pole. Yogi’ssplashofgold (2) is the classy new kid on the block, and should not be intimidated by these. She’s looks like the speed of the speed, but something tells me they are going to try to rate her just a bit today. If astute trainer Ward, has her ready, look out Southern California homebreds. Ward also sends out Billie Bob (4). Not sure if this is due to all the lost racing days or he’s got something up his sleeve. Ward has certainly made the most of his limited opportunities at this meet. Billie has been off since Del Mar, but her works are decent and she has every right to hit the board.

SRK
02-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Race 4

It doesn’t look like several of these belong in a $20k claimer, and that helps narrow the contention down, in what already is a smallish field of seven. Shawklit Sundae (6) is the 5/2 morning line favorite, and while not a lock, she certainly has every right to take this one down. She won for $25k two back, won her first vs. straight maidens, and has faced allowance, stakes and even Graded foes. She also sports a bullet work for solid trainer Brain Koriner. Unfortunately for Too Phar (1), she drew the number one post. The trainer’s name doesn’t go in the plus column either. Other than that, she gets Bejarano back, who she has won with before, and drops in class, goes back to the AW, where she has been first or second in 3 of 4 tries, and cuts back to a distance where she owns a win and a place in two attempts. Certainly belongs somewhere on your tickets. If you're playing exactas (I recommend against playing tris in this short field with favorites who figure), – toss the second choice on the morning line, Brought It (7). I think he is going to have trouble repeating his last, a lifetime best effort after a 10 month layoff, and have to deal with the rise in claiming price to a level where he is a proven loser.

SRK
02-17-2008, 05:33 PM
Race 5

Maiden turf route – not my favorite way to start off a big dollar Pick 6 carryover. No sure things in here, but I think we can narrow down the contention to a manageable number. Come in Almighty (10) only needs to repeat his last to be there at the wire. Trouble is, how many horses, let only turf maidens, do that? Looking for a change? I think that’s the secret to this game, anyway. Art House (9) tries the turf for the first time, with Gomez, Sadler and a bullet work on your side, you gotta like your odds, which are at about 6-1 with 10 minutes to post. Red Door Drive (7) also is a price, and if he can duplicate his previous effort, has a great shot in here – at double digit odds !!! I had humble pie for desert when going against a logical contender in the last. Now I’m gonna ask for seconds. Great Siege (1) will have to overcome the rail, first turf, and first route to win this. I’ll bet at least one horse beats him home. Winning Yield (3) has been away since Del Mar. If he fires first back, he could hit the board.

Tee
02-17-2008, 05:34 PM
#1 Great Siege
#5 Phantom Strike
#9 Art House

SRK
02-17-2008, 05:36 PM
Good luck - Tee !!!!

Tee
02-17-2008, 05:47 PM
A belated thank you!! :)

Good luck - Tee !!!!

Tee
02-17-2008, 06:06 PM
#6 Soaring Lauren
#13 Sexy Soldier
#14 Ambitious Angel

Was looking at the #5 Denaell, but I will let the 5 yr old mare coming off the bench beat me. As usual run to the windows!!

SRK
02-17-2008, 06:07 PM
Race 6

Now 13 bottom level maiden filly claimers go sprinting. Its not getting any easier. A lot of folks are using Sexy Soldier (13) as a single. She certainly has a lot going for her, but coming back just four days since she collapsed after running extremely quick up front, and then dropping all the way to the bottom looks like a desperation move to me. Don’t question my patriotism, but I’m not going to support this GI on the win end, no matter how good looking she is. The trouble is, who to bet on? Ambitious Angel (14) is a second time starter who gets off the rail, and if she’s good enough, Talamo will keep her just off that sexy shoulder all the way around the turn and then sprout wings late. Five Gold Bars (8) has speed, gets a positive jockey switch, and shortens up. Soaring Lauren (6) looks destined to come up short again, but would include her underneath in your exotics.

Tee
02-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Paralysis via too much analysis got me good!!

#6 Soaring Lauren
#13 Sexy Soldier
#14 Ambitious Angel

Was looking at the #5 Denaell, but I will let the 5 yr old mare coming off the bench beat me. As usual run to the windows!!

SRK
02-17-2008, 06:21 PM
I was in the neighborhood, but like most, didn't have the place horse.

If my hairdresser was at the track, I'm sure "Lets Go Shopping" would have been
on his tickets !!! (Great guy, makes me look 10 years younger).

A lot of Pick 6 tix, especially the smaller ones, are probably already KIA.

Tee
02-17-2008, 06:38 PM
#6 Veils De Fleur looks interesting to me. Late running sprinter type could work well here on the downhill course. Hung out to dry in her last outing(on the lawn.) She may be running for a minor reward, but I can work with that as well.

SRK
02-17-2008, 06:42 PM
Race 7

Swinger Doll (8) ran her best race at this trip back at Oak Tree. She appears to be stuck at this level, but so do most of the rest. Her last race was decent and indicates she could just win this if she can take a step forward. Justice is Brief (1) would be my top pick if not for the post. Tyler Baze is probably the hottest jock going down the hill and she figures. Jak Sie Macz (5) will be coming late, and needs to be on your tickets, in every slot. Christinas Heat (7) looks like a filly who should also step forward here.

Tee
02-17-2008, 06:49 PM
My decision making is mucho piss poor this afternoon. Must make note to self to cut that sh!t out!!

On to the 8th

Ron
02-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I was in the neighborhood, but like most, didn't have the place horse.

If my hairdresser was at the track, I'm sure "Lets Go Shopping" would have been
on his tickets !!! (Great guy, makes me look 10 years younger).

A lot of Pick 6 tix, especially the smaller ones, are probably already KIA.

Are you a female?

Ron
02-17-2008, 07:02 PM
8th race SA
#2 and #3 to WIN
2-3/1-4

098poi
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM
SA R8
8 to win
3/4/8 ex box

Tee
02-17-2008, 07:06 PM
Exacta, (maybe trifecta?):) key(s) #3 Sorcerer's Spell and/or #6 I'll Prey For You.

SRK
02-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Race 8

If Tyler Baze can keep Wheaton Hall (7) just off the almost certain pace duel, I think they can pull off the upset here. That is a BIG IF , though. You get two for the price of one on the entry and both Brooker (1) and especially Make Mine Vodka (1a) have a nice late kick and either could run down the leaders late. Gray Black N White (4) is a horse on the improve, and is a Canani re-calim. Finally, I’ll Prey for You (6) should benefit from the expected quick fractions, and Iggy, bless his heart, had a winner the other day. I’m thinking he’ll have to settle for a minor placing in this one, however. Another toughie.

SRK
02-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Tee - tell me you put a couple of bucks on the 3's nose.
Or are you still under the Sorcerer's Spell ?

SRK
02-17-2008, 07:22 PM
O98poi - nice hit !!!

Tee
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
Can't tell you I had a couple on his nose, but my brain is out of the fog - for now. :jump:

Tee - tell me you put a couple of bucks on the 3's nose.
Or are you still under the Sorcerer's Spell ?

098poi
02-17-2008, 07:23 PM
SA R8
8 to win
3/4/8 ex box

$1 ex 3-8 pd $65.90

Only play money this time!:mad:
Got to take a break, see ya later.

Ron
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
O98poi - nice hit !!!

My hit was pretty nice too, thanks.

098poi
02-17-2008, 07:24 PM
O98poi - nice hit !!!

Thanks!

SRK
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
I missed it Ron..yes you did...must be the Merlot kicking in.

Well done.

Ron
02-17-2008, 07:30 PM
I missed it Ron..yes you did...must be the Merlot kicking in.

Well done.

Just playing...good luck...let's make some money! :p

Ron
02-17-2008, 07:35 PM
9th race SA

5 to win
5/1,2,6,12
5/1,2,6,12/1,2,6,9,12
1,2,6,12/5/1,2,6,9.12

small bet 1,2,6,12/5

Tee
02-17-2008, 07:39 PM
#2 Night Chapter
#5 Stoneside

Looking for a pace collapse and have these two come running late.

#12 Hello Sunday is an odd one for me. Is he prepping for something else in this spot? He certainly could come running late as well for a slice.

SRK
02-17-2008, 07:41 PM
Race 9

They do not get any easier. Stoneside (5) is sent out by top connections. Did very well sprinting across the pond, and has prepped well for this, both in the morning and in the afternoon. Its still tough to separate Battle Won (6) and Zoning In (10) who dead heated in their last. Night Chapter (2) really likes it here. She won this race last year, and certainly figures today.

SRK
02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Only the 3 and 12 are alive in the Pick 6.

A carryover would be huge !!!

Tee
02-17-2008, 07:59 PM
Stormy Taters(#12) just might take this down.

I'll go with #6 After The Storm & #8 Topper's Treasure.

imreallytrying
02-17-2008, 08:11 PM
sa race 10 #11 gets the win

SRK
02-17-2008, 08:13 PM
Race 10

I hope I’m wrong, but Stormy Taters (12) has a realistic shot to win his connections $12000 in purse money and someone $1200000 in the Pick 6. If he moves forward in his second start, adios. Others certainly have a shot. Amongst them, Topper’s Treasure (8) who shortens up, and Change My Luck (3) the other horse who is alive for the $1million dollar payoff. Warren’s Player (9) and Madam Kiawah (11), are both professional maidens who figure to somehow hit the board

imreallytrying
02-17-2008, 08:17 PM
#11 mowed them all down

SRK
02-17-2008, 08:30 PM
imreallytrying - nice call.

man, if you had the 5 previous races, you'd be able to stop tryingsohard.

well done.