PDA

View Full Version : Just another Democrat NOT playing the race card?

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2008, 12:07 PM
Yeah, ok....

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/17/opinion/17rich.html?em&ex=1203397200&en=2427f7c3cc6ed0d0&ei=5087

What distinguished his posse from Mr. Obama’s throng was not just its age but its demographic monotony: all white and nearly all male.
and this one is priceless:

As election results confirmed both in 2006 and last week, it is Mr. Allen who is the foreigner in 21st century America, Mr. Allen who is in the minority in the real world of Virginia. A national rout in 2008 just may be that Republican Party’s last stand.
The left is just setting itself up for massive disappointment again if they think a rout is what will take place in November, regardless of who they put up in the top spot.

Doesn't Virginia have open primaries? This means that crafty Republicans can go ahead and vote for Obama, correct? I wonder how much this influenced the outcome?

DJofSD
02-17-2008, 12:30 PM
I wonder how much this influenced the outcome?

I would expect there is something to this. Out here on the left coast, I was very surprised to learn from two coworkers that exactly what they did in the recent super Tuesday election here in CA. Stalwart conservatives they were either registered democrat (that was a big surprise when that came out) or independent. They voted for Obama and both were very strident in their disgust on the Republican ticket and of Hil-dog. Politics is getting stranger every minute.

Marshall Bennett
02-17-2008, 12:35 PM
I beleive by November quite a few will be jumping off the Obama bandwagon and beating their tom toms elsewhere . He seems to have answers for everything , and in fact , too much . He has the " perfect world " all figured out . He has all the changes to make it happen . Its not like experience has shot this guy out of a cannon . It may be a good thing if he wins the nomination , he's the most likely of the two to get beat in November .

riskman
02-18-2008, 01:19 AM
If you think independents which represent a third of all voters will jump on McCains bandwagon and rescue him you are in for a surprise.The independents now prefer a Democratic presidential candidate over a Republican by 44 percent to 27 percent. McCain could get lucky if the Democrats get into a civil war over delegates from Michigan and Florida. Time will tell.

Marshall Bennett
02-18-2008, 10:52 AM
If you think independents which represent a third of all voters will jump on McCains bandwagon and rescue him you are in for a surprise.The independents now prefer a Democratic presidential candidate over a Republican by 44 percent to 27 percent. McCain could get lucky if the Democrats get into a civil war over delegates from Michigan and Florida. Time will tell.
How independents feel " now " and how they'll feel in November will certainly be different . Once one of the candidates on the dem. side is removed from the equation , those supporters of the defeated , whether deemed independent or not , are potential votes for McCain . McCain can only gleam as Hillary & Obama
take each other through the slaughter house .

lamboguy
02-18-2008, 11:05 AM
Bottom line here is who really cares.

Example:

Democrats want to give away health care, while republicans want to make sure you pay for it. Either way the medical, pharmaceutical, and insurance business benefit, not the taxpayer.

My solution: our healthcare system is overloaded because we are dealing with overweight malnurished population eating themselves into bad health. High blood pressure, diabetes, high colestaral , and maybe even cancer could be minimalized if people just ate right and exercised.

Sure if we impemented policies to combat obesity the medical profession and food business would suffer. The flip side of th coin would be more citizens that could become more productive.

There are so many issues like this one where there are on the surface 2 sides saying the same thing.

riskman
02-19-2008, 02:13 AM
Bottom line here is who really cares.

Example:

Democrats want to give away health care, while republicans want to make sure you pay for it. Either way the medical, pharmaceutical, and insurance business benefit, not the taxpayer.

My solution: our healthcare system is overloaded because we are dealing with overweight malnurished population eating themselves into bad health. High blood pressure, diabetes, high colestaral , and maybe even cancer could be minimalized if people just ate right and exercised.
Sure if we impemented policies to combat obesity the medical profession and food business would suffer. The flip side of th coin would be more citizens that could become more productive.

There are so many issues like this one where there are on the surface 2 sides saying the same thing.

Your message sounds like theme out of the Ron Paul playbook---- not that I disagree.

WeirdWilly
02-19-2008, 05:32 AM
People want change!

I frequently have people asking ME if I have any change I can spare!

So it looks to me like Barack "Spare Change" Obama is the choice of the outstretched hand!

Maybe I should join them. I haven't been able to find employment in my preferred career field. So, silly me, I took whatever jobs I -could- find. It's that whole PRIDE thing of wanting to EARN my way though life.

But Obama is magic! If I can't have the job I want...I can sit back and collect a fat check. If there isn't enough money, just fire up the printing presses and raise taxes!

skate
02-19-2008, 07:18 PM
And the problem with high Med cost is not Just because people could do better while taking care of them selves.

"Medicare will start hitting hospitals where it hurts in October, and other insurers are hot on the trail. That has the nation's hospitals exploring innovative programs to prevent injury and infection: Hand-washing spies. Surgical sponges that sound an alarm if left in the body. Even a room sterilizer that promises to wipe out bacteria left lurking on bedrails."

"Money talks," says Dr. Steven Gordon, infectious disease chief at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation. "Every hospital CFO, this gets their attention."

On and On, goes this topic along with Lawyers and the court system, causing the cost of Medical care to increase.

Boris
02-19-2008, 10:25 PM
People want change!

But Obama is magic! If I can't have the job I want...I can sit back and collect a fat check. If there isn't enough money, just fire up the printing presses and raise taxes!

Dude, how did you write that before hearing this speech he is giving in Houston tonight. He is done looking for change, and is digging for the lint in your pockets. The Dems are idiots for nominating this tool. He makes conservatives scared enough to vote for McCain. Someone dig up a link to this speech and post it up so I can see if I have any money left.

prospector
02-19-2008, 10:46 PM
Dude, how did you write that before hearing this speech he is giving in Houston tonight. He is done looking for change, and is digging for the lint in your pockets. The Dems are idiots for nominating this tool. He makes conservatives scared enough to vote for McCain. Someone dig up a link to this speech and post it up so I can see if I have any money left.
i heard part of that speech tonight...it was funny when he was talking and not saying anything...now he's getting scary...i prefer to keep my money and spend it on my family..

Tom
02-19-2008, 10:48 PM
Did he explain why that HO of a wife of his has never been proud of America until now? Now that her PIMP of a husaband is shucking and jiving on national TV.

Only way these two should ever get into the WH is as janitors.

Marshall Bennett
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
I couldn't beleive my ears myself . Had the HO been a republican and said that she'd already be someone's janitor !!

chickenhead
02-20-2008, 12:40 AM
I missed this until now (this proud of my country thing) (you see how good not watching the news is?)

I liked the repsonse by McCains wife:

McCain responded: “I just wanted to make the statement that I have and always will be proud of my country.”

:lol:

what if it started killing puppies and huffing paint?

bigmack
02-20-2008, 01:30 AM
O's voting record has esteemed him as the most liberal of Senators. Democrat is one thing - "Bend over" liberal is quite another. "Hope" might not be enough to change the Presidential party affiliation in this round.

Michelle, his wife, is not exactly a "bake cookies on Sunday" kinda gal. I would be flabbergasted to learn that she has fewer slacks in the closet as he.

With that in mind, lack of pride in ones country may be a moot point for cocktail conversation or internet banter but I'm fairly sure it doesn't play so well on the cusp of a potential nomination for the Presidency of the country where your wife feels little in the way of pride.

DJofSD
02-20-2008, 08:52 AM
The expected mantra from the left is 'blame America first.' Not having pride in our nation is de rigour. All of the hot air being spouted now is just an attempt to soften the image of a potential first lady especially for those of you in 'fly over country.'

Boris
02-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Here's a snip from the O-Train speech. He's gonna offset your payroll tax? Someone needs to explain to him how Social Security works. Link below.

And we're going to rollback those Bush tax cuts that went to all the wealthy people, and we're going to give tax cuts to ordinary families, people who are making less than $75,000. We will offset your payroll tax.

Senior citizens who make less than $50,000, we want to say to them: You don't have to pay an income tax. You're already having a hard time making ends meet.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/19/us/politics/19text-obama.html

phatbastard
02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
interesting breaking news on Mac Man

chickenhead
02-20-2008, 08:25 PM
Senior citizens who make less than $50,000, we want to say to them: You don't have to pay an income tax. You're already having a hard time making ends meet.

You hear that Lefty? McCain is only gonna keep taxes the same...Obama is gonna cut your taxes. You MUST vote for him.

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
interesting breaking news on Mac ManNeither interesting or breaking. Just a rehash....seems the NYT wants to remind us that McCain was once investigated.....what was that, 20 years ago? And oh yeah, the guy investigating him (a Democrat), found nothing, and recommended they cut McCain loose...

If this is the best the left has on McCain, Obama really is in trouble when this thing turns national....

PaceAdvantage
02-21-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm not wealthy by any means, and I got a Bush tax cut. Obama lies!

Tom
02-21-2008, 07:38 AM
I got one too.
Bought a quart of milk and a tank of gas! :rolleyes::lol:

Funny how the libs always manage to leave that part out - I would demand everyone one of them return thier money next time they lie lie that.

Hmmmm, accepts money, won't talk about it, denies it happened......sounds like hookers!

Pell Mell
02-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I don't know if it will make a difference but I don't beleive 1 white southerner in a hundred would vote for Obama.:)

ljb
02-21-2008, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that's about how many white dems there are in the south.

ljb
02-21-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not wealthy by any means, and I got a Bush tax cut. Obama lies!
I am trying to find where Obama said only the wealthy got Bush tax cuts. You wouldn't be lying would you ?

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2008, 02:28 AM
I am trying to find where Obama said only the wealthy got Bush tax cuts. You wouldn't be lying would you ?

If this is an accurate quote:

And we're going to rollback those Bush tax cuts that went to all the wealthy people, and we're going to give tax cuts to ordinary familiesIt implies that ordinary families did not get tax cuts....Who's lying now?

ljb
02-22-2008, 02:33 AM
So you are assuming something based on what you think it implies. Quite a stretch for you. This is more like Lefty's logic.

PaceAdvantage
02-22-2008, 02:58 AM
Actually, it's not implied. I take that back. It's right there, in your face. Ordinary families did not get Bush tax cuts, according to Obama.

ljb
02-22-2008, 08:19 AM
So you don't really have any facts to back up your assumption other then your paraphrase of what was said. Like I said PA, this type of argument is below your normal standards. In spite of your crown you can do better.

Tom
02-22-2008, 09:41 AM
Did you get a check, ljb?

GaryG
02-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I don't know if it will make a difference but I don't beleive 1 white southerner in a hundred would vote for Obama.:)When he speaks to white southerners he will have his white side showing. Then when he goes to Atlanta it'll be chitlins all the way....know what I'm sayin?

Marshall Bennett
02-22-2008, 10:43 AM
How else would he get elected ? Won't do it spending all his time & energy in
Beverly Hills !!

ljb
02-22-2008, 10:45 AM
Have either of you guys had a chance to view the video I linked to in another thread here? I think one of the stars is you.

Tom
02-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Did you get a check, ljb?