PDA

View Full Version : Cats

chickenhead
02-17-2008, 01:47 AM
in tribute to my cat...who was nice enough to leave half a hairless baby rat right near my slippers this morning, and a dead big fat momma rat on the back deck.

Oh yeah...she puked up the other half of the baby rat on the stair case.

What nasty little animals.

jognlope
02-17-2008, 06:28 AM
I had a cat that came walking into the garage with a rabbit (screaming) in his mouth. Don't know what happened next. Dad took care of it.

Another cat brougth in a baby squirrel twice. Another time brought in a starling and placed it on the rug.

OMG I've had so many cats.

Bobzilla
02-17-2008, 07:26 AM
I love cats. Unfortunately, as of late here along New England coast the hunters have become the hunted. The local coyote population has increased markedly. Over the last two years I have come across 5 ripped-to-shreds cats, most of whom I had known personally and befriended, on my property, thanks to the local coyotes. This problem is particularly bad in the late summer months when the mother coyote is teaching the pups how to hunt. Often times they just kill the cat and don't eat it. Just hunting cat school 101. We didn't used to have coyotes along the New England coast, but as a result of the over harvesting of the Grey Wolf to our immediate west, the adaptable and opportunistic coyote has expanded it territory and moved all the way to the Atlantic and flourished.

More recently, we've been having similar problems with weasel like creatures called Fischer Cats. The state of CT brought some down from Hew Hampshire a decade back to take care of the so-called over population of squirrels. Fischer Cats will pass on squirrel in favor of their much preferred meal of choice domestic cat.

JustRalph
02-17-2008, 10:39 AM
I used to drive a police car around on 3rd shift and almost every night I would see Coyotes walking through the housing sub-divisions and entering back yards to eat the Dog food that was left outside for the neighborhood dogs. People would bring their dogs in at night and the Coyotes would have a feast. I also saw Coyotes chasing cats at night. Then you would see the Coyotes standing on a corner underneath a street post that had "missing cat" signs taped to it............

Coyotes are everywhere. In Ohio you can hunt them 365 days a year

Marshall Bennett
02-17-2008, 11:24 AM
Dogs & Cats are a lot like people . They can be great companions or they can be a real pain in the ass !!