PDA

View Full Version : How to avoid hiring Americans

WeirdWilly
02-17-2008, 01:11 AM
Why are these people (I mean traitors) not sitting in a prison cell?

http://www.youtube.com/programmersguild

This video shows a conference focused on how to fulfill the legal requirements to be able to chase H1Bs by setting the bar impossibly high, then saying "We can't find qualified Americans for this job".

Next time you hear someone say they want to get a job in the computer field, show them this video and tell them to move to Bangalore and change their name to Peshwar. Because Joe Smith from Peoria has virtually no chance.

It makes you sick when you are driving a cab for about $3 to $4 an hour, carrying around IT workers from India back and forth to nice condos. I've gotten into conversations with them, and their skills are a fraction of mine. Yet they have sweet jobs and WAM while I am freezing my butt off 12 to 15 hours a day for barely enough money to stay with friends.

As dangerous as radical Islam is, in my own personal situation, Muslims have been more respectful and generous to me than Hindus. The few Muslims I carried in my cab engaged in polite conversation, and tipped. The Hindus, who we HAD to carry on a regular basis ask for extra blank receipts and treat you like dirt - forget about getting a tip!

In the cab business, after paying lease, dispatch fees, credit card fees, gas, car wash, tolls, etc - no tip means no pay!

sammy the sage
02-17-2008, 09:39 AM
" I've gotten into conversations with them, and their skills are a fraction of mine. Yet they have sweet jobs and WAM while I am freezing my butt off 12 to 15 hours a day for barely enough money to stay with friends."

MY guess is...they didn't skip/cut class...they studied...whilst you drank/gambled...ect. :rolleyes:

I mean after all...cab driver does require a degree...or does it?

Finally...isn't that what capitalism was FOUNDED on...cheapest at best price?

Pace Cap'n
02-17-2008, 10:50 AM
Mr. Sage--I take it you haven't been job hunting in quite some time.

porchy44
02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Mr. Sage--I take it you haven't been job hunting in quite some time.

Also...Mr. Sage "my guess" has never skip/cut class...always studied...and does not drink/gamble...etc.

Interesting video weirdwilly.

WeirdWilly
02-17-2008, 01:06 PM
" I've gotten into conversations with them, and their skills are a fraction of mine. Yet they have sweet jobs and WAM while I am freezing my butt off 12 to 15 hours a day for barely enough money to stay with friends."

MY guess is...they didn't skip/cut class...they studied...whilst you drank/gambled...ect. :rolleyes:

No, driving a cab doesn't REQUIRE a degree - but I know a few drivers who have them!

Actually, I went in the Navy and became an Electronics Technician. On board ship, I participated in the PACE program (Programmed Afloat College Education).

After leaving the Navy, I attended vocational training in Electronics Business Machine Repair, and later attained my CNE (Certified Netware Engineer). Back in the 1990s, I worked in IT for Sears and a large K-12 school district.

I will admit, I had an occupational setback early in the "aughts" when I took a few years off from full time work to care for my father after he was paralyzed by a stroke.

So, no, I don't have perfect credentials, but there are people more highly skilled than myself doing similar work. Meanwhile, places like Delphi, EDS, etc are filled with off-shore workers doing jobs that could be filled by qualified Americans with, at most, a modest amount of training.

Beyond that point is the condensending attitude...one you seem to share! They come to -our- country, enjoy the benefits, but treat Americans as "untouchables". And sleazeballs like the lawyer in the video grease the skids for them, to the detriment of our nation and its citizens.

I'm beginning to understand why people are upset over shamnesty for illegals. What I DON'T understand is why "the party of labor" is knifing laborers at all levels in the back.

chickenhead
02-17-2008, 01:17 PM
I work with quite a few Indians (and many other nationalities) on H1-B. They are just about like anyone else in my experience. Good workers, nice guys and gals.

Been reading about the business parks in China. Chinese Engineers cost 1/24 of American Engineers. Will work 12 hours a day. Considered slackers, as the Taiwanese will work 16 hours, and are better, but they cost 1/8 as much as us.

Now we are still better, our productivity is much higher, that is why any of us are still employed.

Free Trade might not be such a bad idea, if there were anything fair about it. Right now it's a race to the bottom. It needs an overhaul.

xtb
02-17-2008, 01:28 PM
My experience, with the company I worked for that outsourced work to Bangalore India, was that you get what you pay for. The cost was estimated to be 1/4 of having the work done in house. However, what came back was very shoddy and appeared to have not been tested. Every piece of code from my project had to be reworked as there had been no consideration whatsoever given to performance not to mention some of it simply did not even function. The cost from delays and pissed off customers and having to rework the code, far outweighed the savings of sending it overseas in the first place.

sammy the sage
02-17-2008, 05:58 PM
I'm self employed....and sometimes have too work 24/7...so yeah...haven't had to job hunt...since I'm willing too do what it takes...

By the way...my original comment was delibrately bad...and designed to get a rise :mad:

Glad Willy served our Country...more power to him for that...Shame on him for promoting STERIO-TYPICALLY ATTITUDE that many of my fellow countrymen display...

HENCE...my sterio-typical response...just like judging by color or sex...

So get over your sense of ENTITLEMENT and DO something about it. :bang:

GaryG
02-17-2008, 06:11 PM
I work with quite a few Indians (and many other nationalities) on H1-B. Is that Indians with feathers or dots?

WeirdWilly
02-17-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm self employed....and sometimes have too work 24/7...so yeah...haven't had to job hunt...since I'm willing too do what it takes...

By the way...my original comment was delibrately bad...and designed to get a rise :mad:

Glad Willy served our Country...more power to him for that...Shame on him for promoting STERIO-TYPICALLY ATTITUDE that many of my fellow countrymen display...

HENCE...my sterio-typical response...just like judging by color or sex...

So get over your sense of ENTITLEMENT and DO something about it. :bang:
OK...I made a generalization based on my own limited personal experiences.

I admit, I have driven A COUPLE of cool people from the subcontinent. The rest were as I said...snooty, rude, and trying to steal by submitting false expense reports. This was not he said she said, it was direct observation.

I have heard basically the same thing from fellow drivers and others familiar with people from India. The caste system lives.

But back to the original topic...

It is disgusting when lawyers are actively promoting the concept and steps of how to avoid hiring qualified, interested Americans. These people are slime. But, being lawyers, I guess that's redundant!

chickenhead
02-17-2008, 07:11 PM
Is that Indians with feathers or dots?.

WeirdWilly
02-17-2008, 07:27 PM
When quality, loyalty, security, cultural awareness, problem solving skills, and clear communications abilities are secondary to this quarter's expense reports...GO BANGALORE!

Sure, all most of them can do is read from a script in broken, massively accented unintelligible English while enraging your customers. But they're cheap, and that's what really counts, right?

So, if you are much more concerned about today's bottom line than tomorrow's...

If your customers are a nuisance, and you really want to stick it to them...

GO BANGALORE!

CryingForTheHorses
02-17-2008, 08:04 PM
Here in S Florida at every intersection and covering all ways they have people begging for money,Lisa offered one a sandwich and he refused. America has done this to themselves as has Canada. People really dont want to work and most will be damed to get their hands dirty. I have seen many a person scowl at having to do a lowly job even know they dont have a education and need the work.These hindos and east indian people along with the asians take making money very seriously whether it be a corporate job or picking up garbage.The laws protect so many different things and you cant force a person to work.As long as America continues to give free money to anyone,Americians and Canadians will be left in a dark corner, Its time to wakeup and takes these jobs.

Tom
02-17-2008, 08:44 PM
We just need to cut off all benefits to those who will not accept whatever jobs are open. Period. Let them worlk or starve. Remove the option of lazy.

riskman
02-18-2008, 12:36 AM

You too can be replaced !

ljb
02-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Gentlemen,
This is the corporate way. How else can we get maximum profits then to lower the pay of the working class? We must all be willing and able to work for less so the corporation is more successful.