PDA

View Full Version : 15FEB08SA Races 1-2

SRK
02-16-2008, 02:18 PM
Race 1

You can make a case for most of these to win this bottom level claiming event for older spinsters and mares. Any one of them could stumble home in time to hit the board. Judge in the West (7) has only lost two races, and her last could prove to be a useful warm-up for low percentage trainer Schiewe. She runs and is bred like this 7 furlong distance is right up her alley. Don’t judge me solely on this pick, but I’ll rule in her favor. Most races at this distance are won near the lead, so that favors both Dine at Nine (8) who exits the same heat as the Judge, and Transylvania (9) who didn’t do too badly in her last, breaking from the 13 hole. Several working girls who need to be noted on your tickets for those of you who must play the exotics are Silver Chai (10) , Tricky Viviana (11) and Storming Slew (2) , any of which could be coming late for a piece, of the ‘fectas. Abstain?

Race 2

A compact field offers several options in the 2nd, a one-mile turfer for N2X types. Someone will have to explain to me why Silent Soul (3) is the longest shot on the morning line. First or second in four of five starts at this distance, he should appreciate the cutback from 9 furlongs in his last. The works are encouraging, and he certainly deserves a little more respect than 12-1. Vespucci (5) makes his US debut for Frankel. ‘Nuff said. Quest Venture (4) has been working very impressively for his comeback, and Uffize (6) is a hard-trying claimer, but both appear to be outclassed for the win here.