PDA

View Full Version : "Bridge Jumper"

Teach
02-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Did anyone catch it? Yesterday. About 1 PM. Aqueduct. Six-horse field. I was track-surfing on my home computer when I sees the second race at "The Big A."

As I quickly look at the odds, I see that the #3 Great Emperor with Stewart Elliott in the irons is the prohibitive fave. I think quickly scroll down the show pool. Wow! "Bridge Jumpers!" I thought to myself. Over 100 Gs in the show pool. Everyone is else has next to nothing.

Well, there's a minute to go. I figure what the heck. I can lose $2.00, make a dime, or... Anyway, I punch out $2 to show on the #4 Downtown Hamill with Rajiv Maragh.

The race goes off and there are two or three horses vying for the lead; one of them is the chalk. As the horses reach the far turn, the video stream cuts out. It's like waiting for those Mercury astronauts to re-connect with Mission Control.

Anyway, when the video does come back on, they're showing the stretch replay. Lo and Behold. The chalk runs fourth. Some how. Some where. Either at Aqueduct or betting on-line, someone is tearing their hair out.

I'm not gloating, but my horse finishes second. I make $40 on the end. Only goes to show (no pun intended): There are no sure things in racing.

shanta
02-16-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44158