PDA

View Full Version : Where am I #02

wilderness
02-16-2008, 11:18 AM
http://www.mi-harness.com/eur/Myst07.jpg

wilderness
02-16-2008, 11:38 AM
his track is likely too old for most and no longer exists today.

Hints:

The jurisdicton was once limited by 44 day/night meets for each of their tracks.

Don Huston was the announcer in their inaugural season.

Their third season ended the meet with the following:

Eugene Fogt led the drivers in the percentage column while Bob Farrington had the most winners .

wilderness
02-16-2008, 02:19 PM
The track was "Hamilton Raceway" in Hamilton, Ohio some thirty miles north of Cincinnatti.

Each meet had 44 days allocated to them.
Raceway has their license, and the old Maumee-Ft. Miami license. Northfield
has thier own, plus Painesville and Grandviews. Scioto has their own and
the old Hillards license.

banacek
02-16-2008, 03:14 PM
http://www.mi-harness.com/eur/Myst07.jpg

Link isn't working for me

wilderness
02-16-2008, 03:25 PM
banacek,
Many of the images that I provide are on-the-fly and placed only temporarily (as these were), rather than as part of the content of active web pages.

These images were removed from active status just after 2:00 PM EST.

Not sure why I continue to submit image links (under the pretense of benefitting participants) here at Pace Advantage?

Time and again I stressed that the links will not function from within a PA forum.
Time and again, I've even included specific instruction that the links require copying and pasting into a new browser page (outside of PA), and yet 99.99% of the participants here continue to disregard the time I take to provide instructions that would assure their access.

banacek
02-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Time and again I stressed that the links will not function from within a PA forum.
Time and again, I've even included specific instruction that the links require copying and pasting into a new browser page (outside of PA), and yet 99.99% of the participants here continue to disregard the time I take to provide instructions that would assure their access.

Uh, ok...:confused:

wilderness
02-16-2008, 04:05 PM
Uh, ok...:confused:

banacek,

If I provide the following VALID link TO Willaim H. Wright and Sienna (a photo of both horse and man that few people have seen)!

And lead that link with:
Please note; this URL may require copying and pasting into a new browser page outside of the PA forum)

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK WITH YOU MOUSE, RATHER COPY AND PASTE THE LINK INTO A NEW BROWSER PAGE!

http://mi-harness.net/jiba/tp0002tt.jpg

nearly every visitor that view this page will AUTOMATICALLY click and the link without heeding the precautions that I wasted time providing.

wilderness
02-16-2008, 04:10 PM
Extensive Instructions previously provided:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=466382&postcount=8

cj
02-16-2008, 07:22 PM
That doesn't work either.

Why not just post the picture here? Why do you have to make posting an image link a multi step process if not?

wilderness
02-16-2008, 07:28 PM
That doesn't work either.

Why not just post the picture here? Why do you have to make posting an image link a multi step process if not?

If your actually in Belgium?
You wouldn't see anything of my websites anyway.

It's not my desire to provide images for the PA server (or any other website server).

Why don't you take some time to comprehend internet prtocols and machine practices?
Or is it my responsibility to instry you how to drive your automobile as well?

Additionally and for your specific comprehension?
Perhaps you should reread the secon line of this response:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488147&postcount=5

banacek
02-16-2008, 07:35 PM

It's not my desire to provide images for the PA server (or any other website server).

Why don't you take some time to comprehend internet prtocols and machine practices?

Additionally and for your specific comprehension?
Perhaps you should reread the secon line of this response:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488147&postcount=5

I don't understand the condescending tone for every post. Lots of people including myself post links and they don't have to cut and paste. Your link - even with the cut and pasting - still doesn't work and yes I know what a URL is.

cj
02-16-2008, 07:36 PM

Yes, I am in Belgium. Seeing how I manage huge networks for a living, I may have just a very basic understanding of internet protocols. I'm retiring soon though, so maybe you can take over for me with NATO.

Why the condescending attitude towards people? I followed your silly instructions and didn't see anything about where you are located causing problems, yet you give me shit.

banacek
02-16-2008, 07:39 PM
Yes, I am in Belgium.

Apparently the world wide web doesn't include Belgium (or Canada for that matter!)

wilderness
02-16-2008, 07:48 PM
Yes, I am in Belgium. Seeing how I manage huge networks for a living, I may have just a very basic understanding of internet protocols. I'm retiring soon though, so maybe you can take over for me with NATO.

Thanks anyway, I'll not be in Belgium anytime in the foreseeable future.

Why the condescending attitude towards people? I followed your silly instructions and didn't see anything about where you are located causing problems, yet you give me shit.

It was your suggestion to provide an alternate delivery.
Obvioulsly you have an innate capability to extract items (by clicking or reading) from the middle of a thread and not read completely before taking other actions?
Or you would have seen the resposne (which I'm providing to your personally for the second time) that the images were removed from the server (active staus) at 2:00 PM EST.

And if I hadn't posted something very similary worded to this response ( http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488167&postcount=7
)
Many previous times in this forum without seeing any compliance?
Why should I type in yet another time merely for you comprehension?

wilderness
02-16-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't understand the condescending tone for every post. Lots of people including myself post links and they don't have to cut and paste. Your link - even with the cut and pasting - still doesn't work and yes I know what a URL is.

bancek,
More than likely because your posting links to websites or pages to which you have no control over or not your own websites.?

Many websites have protections in place which prevent "inline linking".
It's fairly standard.

banacek
02-16-2008, 07:57 PM
TOr you would have seen the resposne (which I'm providing to your personally for the second time) that the images were removed from the server (active staus) at 2:00 PM EST.

I give up.

Your 2nd link was posted at 4:05 EST and it didn't work either. I also cut and pasted your first link soon after you posted it this morning and it didn't work (if a link doesn't work, I always cut and paste it).

I was interested in your topic and all you give back is "why are people so stupid". And you are right I am stupid for trying to tell you there was a problem, because apparently you don't make mistakes.

(And when two people independently and simultaneously say that you are being condescending, it might be reasonable to think about your wordings)

wilderness
02-16-2008, 08:00 PM
Apparently the world wide web doesn't include Belgium (or Canada for that matter!)

Belgium and the majority of RIPE (Euro) users are not allowed access into my sites.
I'm am however, willing to make some special exceptions (configuration changes) if somebody from a RIPE range has somebody within the Standardbred industry contact on their behalf requesting access.

Canada on the hand is, however even some of their users have either denied access or restritcted access to my sites.

The same applies to the US.

The web as you'd like to believe is without specific requirement of assurance for any world wide access.
Rather, access is a matter of server choice, or even webmaster choice.

There are others forms of access that function on the open internet in a restricted capacity (i. e., intranet and extranet).
many websites even have portions restricted by password based upon fees being paid.
Thus "world wide web" is lame example.

cj
02-16-2008, 08:03 PM
Oh, sure, I'll go out of my way just to see some picture you are trying to post. Get real, dude.

(You like that PA?)

wilderness
02-16-2008, 08:15 PM
Oh, sure, I'll go out of my way just to see some picture you are trying to post. Get real, dude.

(You like that PA?)

No but it's OK for me to go out my way to attempt to provide pictures on your behalf.

Get real, dude!
You call yourself an administrator and yet you seem incapable of realizing the difference between a raw JPG link versus html?
What benefit is it to my websites to provide a direct link to a JPG (rhetorical).

Administrate this!!

wilderness
02-16-2008, 08:22 PM
Correct URL (wrong domain previously)

http://www.mi-harness.net/jiba/tp0002tt.jpg

My sincere apologies to the four people ( CA, NY, PA and CAL) who took the time to copy and paste the link.

No apologies to Belgium.

cj
02-16-2008, 08:28 PM
Now how am I supposed to sleep?

Silly me...I thought when you posted a picture you actually wanted people to be able to see it.

banacek
02-16-2008, 08:30 PM
Now how am I supposed to sleep?

cj, just write a letter to the President of the Belgian Standardbred Association asking for him to write a letter to ask for permission to see the photo. Then you'll sleep like a baby!

cj
02-16-2008, 08:34 PM
You know, some of the harness races here are run with the "driver" on horseback, no sulky.

wilderness
02-16-2008, 08:53 PM
You know, some of the harness races here are run with the "driver" on horseback, no sulky.

I realize you weren't addressing me, however I couldn't resist ;)

Technically if they "run" the rules are generally the same as France and they are disquaified from the race.
Contrary to the US & Canadain rules were "if" the horse regains gate and had not either passed any horses on the run or left the course?
Remains elgible for purse distribution.

The races in North America are referred to as "to-saddle".
The North American race purses under this "to-saddle" don't even compare to the big Euro dollars.
Believe there was one such race the day before the Prix d' Amerique in which the Purse amounted to 375k US. (may be able to watch the replay on the Prix website).

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2008, 01:40 AM
There has to be a name for a thread like this, but I can't quite come up with it at the moment....a little help please?

Also, for the record, CJ is a moderator, not an administrator, here at PaceAdvantage.com. :lol:

wilderness
02-17-2008, 10:42 AM
There has to be a name for a thread like this, but I can't quite come up with it at the moment....a little help please?

Also, for the record, CJ is a moderator, not an administrator, here at PaceAdvantage.com. :lol:

PA is your question rhetorical?

BTW, my reference to "administration" in my reply was initiated by :
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showpost.php?p=488237&postcount=12

rather than any relationship he may have at PA.

banacek
02-17-2008, 10:49 AM

I can't come up with a short title. I'd call it:

"We're going to play a little harness trivia..I'll post the link, but don't click the link, cut and paste like I've told you a thousand times before - I don't care if you never read it before, here' s how you move the mouse to cut and paste, if you don't cut and paste you're an idiot, no I'm not going to post the picture, it's top secret, oh wait, I've got the wrong domain, I'll apologize but not to the people who told me I made a mistake, hey how come I haven't got any answer to my trivia question?