PDA

View Full Version : Don't shoot the track announcer

rufus999
02-16-2008, 09:28 AM
Except for the guy who does the last race at Delta on thier nightly card. As if it wasn't enough to have to subject oneself to the sub par abilities of last stop losers such as Delta parades out on any given night, I pity the poor schlub that has any cash riding on the last race. I could call it better from my living room. Horses go from last to first and first to nowhere in the blink of an eye. But what really ticks me off is the way this guy hesitates when he doesn't recognize a number. Instead of doing the prudent thing and moving on, he just dwells in silence fiddling through his cheat sheet or whatever he uses. Maybe its one of those eight ball things you gotta shake before it answers. And then, he invariably misses it . I would suggest they put a compact version of the hurry up wagon in the booth whenever he calls one in case of a breakdown.

rufus

dav4463
02-17-2008, 01:34 AM
I loved the last race at Delta last night! The winner paid over $37 and I had it! It helped to offset punching the wrong number in earlier and missing a $25.60 winner. For a longshot player, I should've been rolling in cash yesterday, but thanks to the last race at Delta, I ended with a nice profit for the day!

I didn't even listen to the audio though...just watched it myself so I don't know how bad the announcer butchered the call.

I don't want to talk about tonight at Delta! 0 for 8 and some of my picks may still be running!