PDA

View Full Version : Valid longshot angle at Bay Meadows...

Hajck Hillstrom
02-15-2008, 06:11 PM
One of the oft argued value strategies is to bet the longer price of The Uncoupled Entry. I could write volumes on the success of this strategy, but watch the angle at Bay Meadows.

In Valentines Day 6th race, Lloyd Mason had two entered. BRAHMS BABE was respected with a 3-1 ML, but his other horse, SPECIAL VENTURE was listed at 20-1 on the ML. Luis Contrares is Mason's go-to guy, and I was shocked by SPECIAL VENTURE's ML. When she opened at 43-1, I was second guessing my wide eyed optimism, and her 76-1 off odds didn't have me extoling her virtues from the roof of Bay Meadows. Her win mutuel of $154 left me scratching my head, and her key to a $1,500 dime superfecta was somewhat shocking.

In Friday's second race, Armando Lage had two in a 5 horse field, with the longer price winning and paying $13.20.

In the 5th race, Tim Bellasis had two with his longer priced ML running second at odds of 26-1.

Keep your eye on this useful angle during what will likely be the final races that we will ever see at the venerable old track.:cool:

dartman51
02-15-2008, 07:18 PM
One of the oft argued value strategies is to bet the longer price of The Uncoupled Entry. I could write volumes on the success of this strategy, but watch the angle at Bay Meadows.

In Valentines Day 6th race, Lloyd Mason had two entered. BRAHMS BABE was respected with a 3-1 ML, but his other horse, SPECIAL VENTURE was listed at 20-1 on the ML. Luis Contrares is Mason's go-to guy, and I was shocked by SPECIAL VENTURE's ML. When she opened at 43-1, I was second guessing my wide eyed optimism, and her 76-1 off odds didn't have me extoling her virtues from the roof of Bay Meadows. Her win mutuel of $154 left me scratching my head, and her key to a $1,500 dime superfecta was somewhat shocking.

In Friday's second race, Armando Lage had two in a 5 horse field, with the longer price winning and paying $13.20.

In the 5th race, Tim Bellasis had two with his longer priced ML running second at odds of 26-1.

Keep your eye on this useful angle during what will likely be the final races that we will ever see at the venerable old track.:cool:

8th @BM
4 Big City Dixie 7/2 Kaenel K Morey W J
7 Bubble Gum Alley 15/1 Sanchez A Morey W J

Hajck Hillstrom
02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
8th @BM
7 Bubble Gum Alley 15/1 Sanchez A Morey W JBUBBLE GUM ALLEY runs 3rd at 44-1.

Dan Montilion
02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
8th @BM
7 Bubble Gum Alley 15/1 Sanchez A Morey W J

#7 Morey is likely program trainer only. Horse trains at Pleasanton, owned by ex-jock Eloy Sanchez ridden by very low profile Angel Sanchez (related?). I think this one is trained by the Sanchez's at Pleasanton.

Kelso
02-15-2008, 09:49 PM
One of the oft argued value strategies is to bet the longer price of The Uncoupled Entry.

Does one horse of an uncoupled entry carry a letter suffix, or do both horses get completely different saddle cloth numbers?

Thank you.

Hajck Hillstrom
02-15-2008, 10:27 PM
Does one horse of an uncoupled entry carry a letter suffix, or do both horses get completely different saddle cloth numbers?
Separate entries, with separate saddle cloth numbers, both trained by the same trainer. I use Turfday Superstats in concert to find the jockey/trainer stats for the last year. Often you will find a trainer using a jockey on the higher priced horse that he is successful with, but doesn't carry the status of the jock on the horse that looks more probable.

cnollfan
02-17-2008, 09:39 AM
Different track, but Why Tonto at 5-1 with Prado and pp 2 snuck through inside Cowboy Cal with Velazquez at 3-5 and pp 1 to win the Hallandale Beach for Pletcher yesterday.

cnollfan
02-17-2008, 09:42 AM
It is not necessarily chicanery. By running an uncoupled entry, the trainer is saying "these two horses are competitive with each other." The crowd may see a vast difference between the two but the trainer doesn't.

JustRalph
02-17-2008, 10:27 AM
It is not necessarily chicanery. By running an uncoupled entry, the trainer is saying "these two horses are competitive with each other." The crowd may see a vast difference between the two but the trainer doesn't.

The biggest difference in that race was Prado.......... :lol: