PDA

View Full Version : Betting On Sires

Norm
02-14-2008, 10:29 PM
It would be fun, during these very early preparation stages for the Derby, if they let us bet on who the sire of the Derby winner will be. After all, this is all about "improving the breed", right ? Leading the list, based on number of entrants, is Distorted Humor with 13 sons entered, followed by Mineshaft (11), Tale of the Cat (11), Tiznow (10) and A.P. Indy (10).

My choice ? Hmmm . . . o.k., my first $2 of the Derby season goes on Fusaichi Pegasus, who has seven sons entered; 2 trained by Nick Zito and 1 each by Bob Baffert and D. Wayne Lucas. I'll bet there are other opinions out there, after all, horseplayers never agree ! :)

Kelso
02-14-2008, 10:35 PM
Leading the list, based on number of entrants, is Distorted Humor with 13 sons entered, followed by Mineshaft (11), Tale of the Cat (11), Tiznow (10) and A.P. Indy (10).

Norm,
Have any of the above already sired a Derby (or Preakness/Belmont) winner? Thank you.

Norm
02-14-2008, 11:02 PM
Norm,
Have any of the above already sired a Derby (or Preakness/Belmont) winner? Thank you.
The short list above is based on quantity of entrants which more-or-less expresses breeder's / owner's expectations rather than actual results. Only Distorted Humor has produced a Derby winner thus far. (Funny Cide)