PDA

View Full Version : God Bless all of the student body at NIU!!!

APguy
02-14-2008, 07:33 PM
I just wanted to spead the blessings of all of the student body/faculty of the Northern IL!!!

With lots of friends and family attending NIU, i just wanted to say my prayers are with them all

JustRalph
02-15-2008, 12:21 AM
This couldn't have happened again? Schools are a no gun zone? How does this stuff happen???

If it weren't so sad, it would be funny............. :bang:

lilmegahertz
02-15-2008, 12:57 PM
When is the government going to wake up and realize we need to fight the war on terror here in our own country before going off to solve other's problems. School shootings, gangs, drugs, violence everywhere. Things are way out of hand. I feel for the those that were involved in the shootings in Il. Noone should have to witness these type of things. I hope one day they can find peace. I will be praying for them..

ljb
02-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Another NUT with a gun. When are we going to learn ?

Pell Mell
02-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Another NUT with a gun. When are we going to learn ?

Who was the first school shooter? Wasn't it the one in the tower in Texas? Wasn't that in the sixties?

When I was a kid in school in the forties the majority of us owned our own guns. I could walk into Sears Roebuck and buy a gun and never even give my name. And, I lived in NJ, not some rural backwoods state. I had never heard of a school shooter and never heard any kids talk about killing anybody.

Do those who oppose guns ever stop to think of what kind of kids are being raised today? Our heros were Hopalong Cassidy and those like him not some savages on the screen killing for the sake of killing. Todays kids can't take losing or rejection because now everyone is equal, there are no winners or losers, don't even keep score. Everyone has got to play whether they know how to play or not. What's wrong with a good old fashioned fist fight? Now they brood until they kill someone.:mad:

The left wing liberals have turned the young into a bunch of useless wusses who can't face the realities of life and instead of learning to stand up for themselves are given drugs to calm them down. Anyway, you get my drift.

Don't blame guns, just look around and see what kind of society has been created by all the touchy feely nitwits that abound.

ljb
02-15-2008, 01:45 PM
The right wing has been increasing control in this country since the mid sixties.
The packin heat nitwits.
Give me another analysis now.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And of course squirrels could kill people, if they had guns. :lol:

boomman
02-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Pell Mell wrote:Do those who oppose guns ever stop to think of what kind of kids are being raised today? Our heros were Hopalong Cassidy and those like him not some savages on the screen killing for the sake of killing.

PellMell: First of all my thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends of the victims. But I must say you raise a very good point of our heroes being Hopalong Cassidy, Roy Rogers, The Lone Ranger,etc and the world was just a much more innocent place then IMHO. I am absolutely flabbergasted at the violence that kids are subjected to nowadays, and you don't even need to look any further than some of these video games which kids start getting programmed into when they're practically in kindergarten to see where it begins. Someone needs to be held accountable and fast, because to tell you the truth (as horrible and tragic as these events are) I'm quite frankly surprised we don't see this happen more often....:(

Boomer

46zilzal
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM
The left wing liberals have turned the young into a bunch of useless wusses who can't face the realities of life and instead of learning to stand up for themselves are given drugs to calm them down. Anyway, you get my drift.

Don't blame guns, just look around and see what kind of society has been created by all the touchy feely nitwits that abound.
A catch all term for all that is wrong with the world.....!!

More fighting, more guns = more tragedies like this one.

Marshall Bennett
02-15-2008, 02:04 PM
Prayers go out to the families . How sad . Realistically we're pretty much at the mercy of such a nut . Safeguards are in place but to stand watch 24 hrs. a day isn't within the resources of most institutions . If a nut can barrel past guards and shoot up a court room ... open quarters must be a piece of cake .

ddog
02-15-2008, 02:08 PM
Who was the first school shooter? Wasn't it the one in the tower in Texas? Wasn't that in the sixties?

When I was a kid in school in the forties the majority of us owned our own guns. I could walk into Sears Roebuck and buy a gun and never even give my name. And, I lived in NJ, not some rural backwoods state. I had never heard of a school shooter and never heard any kids talk about killing anybody.

Do those who oppose guns ever stop to think of what kind of kids are being raised today? Our heros were Hopalong Cassidy and those like him not some savages on the screen killing for the sake of killing. Todays kids can't take losing or rejection because now everyone is equal, there are no winners or losers, don't even keep score. Everyone has got to play whether they know how to play or not. What's wrong with a good old fashioned fist fight? Now they brood until they kill someone.:mad:

Like I said long ago on this subject, you and the others can rail or recall the good ole days(sure they were) but people on DRUGS,meds to control their moods, whatever,should not be able to walk in and buy a gun, simple as that.

I would say that anyone that is enrolled in a school and on anything should not be able to buy guns.
If you stop one or two of these things it's worth it.
Otherwise you can force everyone to carry and hope only one person a week goes off their meds and goes Rambo. Like that's going to be the extent of that.

No matter how you think "we" got here, you have to face up to it, there are people not of sound mind(sorry) that are walking around only because of the drugs that have been pushed by the pharma/doctors,etc. to instantly cure what ails people.
But look at those equities, fab prices on those pushers, sell on!

To force others to pay for our bad policies over the years is not fair to them.

Yah, if it wasn't so sad it would be funny!

riskman
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM

Oh, I see it is just the lefties that are poor parents. B.S.
Families are disorganized and fractured. Too many parents were never taught to conduct themselves with propriety, intelligence, wisdom .Others have just decided to selfishly ignore the responsibilities of parenting. Immature, undisciplined parents provide very destructive role models for children. Immature, undisciplined men swear at umpires; hit wives and children; rage at sporting events. Immature, undisciplined men put their bad upbringing (and their arses) on display for everyone to see. Immature, selfish, undisciplined parents refuse to acknowledge that the most attentive eyes, and listening ears, are those of his children. Too many become hit-and-run mothers and fathers leaving their children to grow up in poverty; in disorganized, discipline-lacking homes where, too often, children train for a lifetime of crime and ...hit-and-run parenting. How can a parents teach discipline, boundaries and limitations, when they have none? Such parents are still children themselves.
Immature, undisciplined parents proudly draw attention to their nasty mouths; rude personalities; to their too-often-unattractive bodies, and more. Too many parents, whether attractive or not, have become downright repulsive. They have so little self respect, and no regard for their children, failing to teach them to appreciate, respect, and take advantage of Life's opportunities. Shamelessly, immature and undisciplined mothers become pregnant without marriage; hold fathers to no obligations; but expect taxpayers to support their bad decisions; their bad habits. Immature, undisciplined parents keep disorganized and dirty homes; providing poorly planned meals, if they provide any at all. Too many, and the number continues to grow, just lack the basic instincts of parenting. Observe the animals around you. The animals parent with more wisdom and common sense than a growing number of today's parents who lack the character and morals necessary to instill character and morals in their children.
Yes sireeeeeeeee, these lefties are a sore lot. Give me a break !!!!!

Tom
02-15-2008, 02:35 PM
Ljb...learn what?
Was this a legal gun? If not, what new laws will pass to have disobeyed?

Learned what? That the Hollywood left are the ones putting all the violence on TV and monies screens?

Learned what? That maybe this nut comes from one of the families sestryoed by the lib war on poverty?

Learned what, that maybe if more people were packing heat, this nut job would not have tried, or would have been cut down early on?

Learned what, that we know nothing of what happened yet, so judgments are too premature?

I know what I learned - i watched the Soviet tanks roll through Polland in the 50's and met little resitance. I watched one kid stand in front of a tank in Tienemen Square, only to forshadow the murder of many more as soon as the cameras were shut off. I learned you do not take away the guns from the people and stay free.

This isolated incident, just what did we learn?

God bless those lives destroyed by this lunatic.

ljb
02-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Ljb...learn what?
Was this a legal gun? If not, what new laws will pass to have disobeyed?

Learned what? That the Hollywood left are the ones putting all the violence on TV and monies screens?

Learned what? That maybe this nut comes from one of the families sestryoed by the lib war on poverty?

Learned what, that maybe if more people were packing heat, this nut job would not have tried, or would have been cut down early on?

Learned what, that we know nothing of what happened yet, so judgments are too premature?

I know what I learned - i watched the Soviet tanks roll through Polland in the 50's and met little resitance. I watched one kid stand in front of a tank in Tienemen Square, only to forshadow the murder of many more as soon as the cameras were shut off. I learned you do not take away the guns from the people and stay free.

This isolated incident, just what did we learn?

God bless those lives destroyed by this lunatic.
Whatever :bang:

shanta
02-15-2008, 03:29 PM

Bravo!
Don't know what else to say as I agree with your post 100%. I couldn't believe when i turned on the tv and saw this happening again.

RaceBookJoe
02-15-2008, 05:27 PM
This is my opinion only and i do not mean to offend anyone or push an agenda....but it seems that the more drugs(prescription/over the counter) are promoted and the more that God is demoted, the bigger and more recurring evil happens. Just something to think about. I feel sad for the ones left grieving.

JustRalph
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
The right wing has been increasing control in this country since the mid sixties.
The packin heat nitwits.
Give me another analysis now.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And of course squirrels could kill people, if they had guns. :lol:

Hey Genius. In Ohio right up throught the early 80's they had shooting teams in rural high schools and taught marksmenship in phys ed class. The kids would leave their guns in the gun racks in the parking lot or check them with the phy ed teacher. Nobody ever got shot in a the same scenario that you see today. It is not about guns. It is about people.

Maybe you are just not aware of how many guns are really out there. The actual number of criminal incidents that occur based on the amount of guns is so low that you would have to take the decimal point out to 9+ digits to come up with the number of incidents based on gun ownership/total number of guns.

In the State of Ohio they started issuing handgun concealed carry permits in 2004 and there are over 100,000 permits issued now. As of last count two incidents have been reported that fit a criminal nature by CCW holders. You do the math. 100,000 new guns hit the streets in the last 3 years and only two incidents occurred that might be classified as criminal and were perpetrated by a CCW holder. One is still in court.

It's not about access to guns. It is about the changing culture.

ljb
02-15-2008, 07:58 PM
It's not about access to guns. It is about the changing culture.
Like I said earlier. This country has been swinging right since the mid 60s. You may be right.
Good thing squirrels aren't cultured or have guns.

GaryG
02-16-2008, 09:03 AM
This has been addressed many times here. Gun control WOULD NOT (caps in honor of zilly) keep criminals and nut cases from having guns. It would only prevent law abiding citizens like myself from having the option of packing heat. This liberal bullshit just goes on and on. Thank you Colonel Colt.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ac/Colt_SAA45.jpg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Colt_SAA45.jpg)

Tom
02-16-2008, 10:51 AM
Here's deal for ljb and 46.......you go take the guns away from all the criminals, all the gangs, all the nuts in the park and on the street corners, then come see us. You do agree it would be better to take the illegal ones first, don't you? :rolleyes::lol:

46zilzal
02-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Ever go to the Winchester House near San Jose? The idea that all of those guns killed so many creatures drove the owner nuts.

Tom
02-16-2008, 12:06 PM
Well now, that a buck will get you a cup of coffee.
Hold the sugar?

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2008, 01:14 AM
Like I said earlier. This country has been swinging right since the mid 60s.Really? Then why do so many think Hillary or Obama will be the next President?

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2008, 01:16 AM

Don't blame guns, just look around and see what kind of society has been created by all the touchy feely nitwits that abound.I think you've made more than a few astute points here. Especially the point about everyone being equal, no winners or losers, etc. etc.

Excellent post, in my opinion.

taxseason
02-17-2008, 01:52 AM

Its easy to lose sight of reality when something like this happens. It forces most of us to scramble to make sense of a senseless act.

Bearing that in mind, I understand why you felt the need to explain your perceptions of modern culture and crime. But the truth is that todays homicide rates are nearly identical to parts of the 1940's. All crimes of violence are down sharply in the last decade as well.

Further , if you go back to the 1800's and beyond the homicide rates were 10 times todays rates.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/hmrt.htm

As far as blaming left wing liberals I chalk that up to this message board where there isn'nt any topic that liberals are not brought up. Its a big leap to go from this tradegy to liberals , medicaion and wuss's? I think your emotions over ruled your common sense for a minute.

PaceAdvantage
02-17-2008, 02:19 AM
As far as blaming left wing liberals I chalk that up to this message board where there isn'nt any topic that liberals are not brought up. Its a big leap to go from this tradegy to liberals , medicaion and wuss's? I think your emotions over ruled your common sense for a minute.Are you serious? Every thread in here blames George Bush for every woe in the world. Since you're new here, we'll ignore this little oversight.....

When you do a search here on off-topic, it only presents you with the most recent 250 results, even if there are 10,000 results in the database.

However, if you look at how long it takes, you can see that it takes over 14 seconds to run a search on "Bush" in off-topic, while it only takes a little over 6 seconds to run a search on the the word "liberal"

taxseason
02-17-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm not sure I totally understand what your saying about searches and the amount of times a word is used? Yes I am new , and I know nothing about horses, I only found pace advantage because my brother-in law sent me an e-mail asking if I wanted to invest in a gelding, and I figured I better look it up before I answered.

I do agree though that there is an irrational blame game directed at the President. It also exists with conservatives who find someway to blame liberals for anything they don't like. Its part of the reason I am voting IDemocrat this year. I'm more of a social liberal and conservative about fiscal and foriegn policy.

You may want to consider that when I blame Bush for something, that's one man, but when someone blames liberals its targeted at roughly 100 million Americans.

Just my intial impressions is that you have one liberal 46ZilZal, that about 10 other members mock and belittle, and he seems to like the attention. But I've only read your board two weeks. It seems weighted heavy to Bush supporters, but your right I have not seen enough to know.

Pell Mell
02-17-2008, 07:17 AM
Its easy to lose sight of reality when something like this happens. It forces most of us to scramble to make sense of a senseless act.

Bearing that in mind, I understand why you felt the need to explain your perceptions of modern culture and crime. But the truth is that todays homicide rates are nearly identical to parts of the 1940's. All crimes of violence are down sharply in the last decade as well.

Further , if you go back to the 1800's and beyond the homicide rates were 10 times todays rates.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/glance/hmrt.htm

As far as blaming left wing liberals I chalk that up to this message board where there isn'nt any topic that liberals are not brought up. Its a big leap to go from this tradegy to liberals , medicaion and wuss's? I think your emotions over ruled your common sense for a minute.

The stats don't tell the reasons for the murders. I think that the murders back then were for profit, revenge and mobster related. These rampages today are senseless and for no reason. That's what I blame on society.

robert99
02-17-2008, 07:47 AM
The stats don't tell the reasons for the murders. I think that the murders back then were for profit, revenge and mobster related. These rampages today are senseless and for no reason. That's what I blame on society.

If the rampages are "senseless and for no reason" then it is completely illogical to put the blame on anything, let alone something as vague as society.

The current fad is to irrationally take it out "my pain" on innocent kids to cause the most anguish and self notoriety. Another time it might have been burning a building, a bank job, a gunfight or a bar room brawl. In a few years it will some other form of atrocity. It is done by a tiny proportion of self obsessed individuals against society, not by society.

JustRalph
02-17-2008, 10:32 AM
They keep showing pictures of this guy at NIU like he was everybodys little brother. See this one

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/ap/2d4fcf0b-2292-45ff-9873-cfc2a49456bb.widec.jpg

I saw a picture last night...........he was covered in Tatoo's and some had a Nazi flavor to them..............he was taking meds for mental illness. That is all you have to say. He was mentally ill. To make it more than that.........is stupid. He fits very much the same profile as the Virginia Tech Shooter.

If they couldn't get a gun, they would have used a car eventually.........with these types they would have found an outlet for their violence

Marshall Bennett
02-17-2008, 11:29 AM
Yeah ... everytime I see some character on the street with tatoos and body piercings all over himself I wonder , if he'll do this to his own body to attract attention, what is he libel to do to others around him ?

JustRalph
02-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Oh, I see it is just the lefties that are poor parents. B.S.
Families are disorganized and fractured. Too many parents were never taught to conduct themselves with propriety, intelligence, wisdom .Others have just decided to selfishly ignore the responsibilities of parenting. Immature, undisciplined parents provide very destructive role models for children. Immature, undisciplined men swear at umpires; hit wives and children; rage at sporting events. Immature, undisciplined men put their bad upbringing (and their arses) on display for everyone to see. Immature, selfish, undisciplined parents refuse to acknowledge that the most attentive eyes, and listening ears, are those of his children. Too many become hit-and-run mothers and fathers leaving their children to grow up in poverty; in disorganized, discipline-lacking homes where, too often, children train for a lifetime of crime and ...hit-and-run parenting. How can a parents teach discipline, boundaries and limitations, when they have none? Such parents are still children themselves.
Immature, undisciplined parents proudly draw attention to their nasty mouths; rude personalities; to their too-often-unattractive bodies, and more. Too many parents, whether attractive or not, have become downright repulsive. They have so little self respect, and no regard for their children, failing to teach them to appreciate, respect, and take advantage of Life's opportunities. Shamelessly, immature and undisciplined mothers become pregnant without marriage; hold fathers to no obligations; but expect taxpayers to support their bad decisions; their bad habits. Immature, undisciplined parents keep disorganized and dirty homes; providing poorly planned meals, if they provide any at all. Too many, and the number continues to grow, just lack the basic instincts of parenting. Observe the animals around you. The animals parent with more wisdom and common sense than a growing number of today's parents who lack the character and morals necessary to instill character and morals in their children.
Yes sireeeeeeeee, these lefties are a sore lot. Give me a break !!!!!

Wow! I missed this diatribe (http://www.merriam-webster.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?diatribe) the first time through the thread. You cut a wide swath. You get Hollywood pretty good. You get the Black community pretty good..........you get other minorities too.............. Hmmmm.....wonder what side of the political spectrum this group falls on? You left out the white trash trailer parks? Come on, if you're gonna swing such a large bat..........hit everybody!

This part is pretty good

to their too-often-unattractive bodies,

So unnatractive people are a problem? I understand that there has to be some sarcasm in your diatribe.........but sometimes the filter being applied by the reader can get confused...........tell us how you really feel....... :lol: