PDA

View Full Version : update on SA today

so.cal.fan
02-14-2008, 11:29 AM
Just got word that the rain actually helped the surface, it's a bit heavy in spots, but okay, at least for today.
Heard this from a top barn that is working horses this morning.
So.....it's probably okay to bet today, if you like something.....at least as of right now.
CHRB is still meeting on the 20th to discuss the future of these surfaces.
At best the tracks be able to keep them, at a huge expense.......that's at best.
I think they will go back to dirt.

46zilzal
02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Something is going on "behind the scenes" as this whole debacle stinks of corruption.

JustRalph
02-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Something is going on "behind the scenes" as this whole debacle stinks of corruption.

run into the room, throw a Molotov cocktail ............run out...........as usual

speldedo
02-14-2008, 12:09 PM

You're correct, I think there was something going on "behind the scenes" with the Kennedy assassination as well.

rokitman
02-14-2008, 12:56 PM
run into the room, throw a Molotov cocktail ............run out...........as usual
I smell gas on you, Ralphie boyyyyyy!

GaryG
02-14-2008, 01:06 PM
Something is going on "behind the scenes" as this whole debacle stinks of corruption.Yes....it is a VAST right wing conspracy....

David-LV
02-14-2008, 01:25 PM
Yes....it is a VAST right wing conspracy....

I think the correct phase is "All Out Stupidity", and not right wing conspiracy.

Who goes out and throws away 10 million dollars without doing long term extensive due diligence and testing?

The answer to that question is the gullible idiots that run Santa Anita.:faint: :bang:

_______
David

46zilzal
02-14-2008, 01:44 PM
Think about it, what other business, sport etc, would award their BIGGEST day of the year to an outfit that was this unsure of it's racing surface, not only ONCE but TWICE???

Something more than meets the eye here at play.

freehouse2002
02-14-2008, 01:51 PM
I think the correct phase is "All Out Stupidity", and not right wing conspiracy.

Who goes out and throws away 10 million dollars without doing long term extensive due diligence and testing?

The answer to that question is the gullible idiots that run Santa Anita.:faint: :bang:

_______
David
Just remember....SA was forced to install a synthetic surface. I highly doubt that they actually wanted to.

freehouse2002

toetoe
02-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Oswald that ends walled. :)

rgustafson
02-14-2008, 05:17 PM
Just got word that the rain actually helped the surface, it's a bit heavy in spots, but okay, at least for today.
Heard this from a top barn that is working horses this morning.
So.....it's probably okay to bet today, if you like something.....at least as of right now.
CHRB is still meeting on the 20th to discuss the future of these surfaces.
At best the tracks be able to keep them, at a huge expense.......that's at best.
I think they will go back to dirt.

Just wondering, other than the fiasco at Santa Anita, where does the ongoing "huge expense" come from.

46zilzal
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Just wondering, other than the fiasco at Santa Anita, where does the ongoing "huge expense" come from.
The track does not drain.

DrunkenHorseplayer
02-14-2008, 05:24 PM
As soon as the drainage system is fixed the track will be superb, as it is at Golden Gate. The blame for all this lies with the morons who installed it.

46zilzal
02-14-2008, 05:28 PM
As soon as the drainage system is fixed the track will be superb, as it is at Golden Gate. The blame for all this lies with the morons who installed it.
How do you fix the drainage system without lifting the track AGAIN? To get to the problem the surface has to be removed.

skate
02-14-2008, 05:53 PM
You're correct, I think there was something going on "behind the scenes" with the Kennedy assassination as well.

:lol:

skate
02-14-2008, 05:56 PM

neither does Pimlico

skate
02-14-2008, 05:59 PM
How do you fix the drainage system without lifting the track AGAIN? To get to the problem the surface has to be removed.

So. Cal tracks have been "NO GOOD" for 30 years. due to NO rain, too hard surface.:cool:

46zilzal
02-14-2008, 06:02 PM
So. Cal tracks have been "NO GOOD" for 30 years. due to NO rain, too hard surface.
It often rains during the regular Anita meet.

juanepstein
02-14-2008, 06:16 PM
So. Cal tracks have been "NO GOOD" for 30 years. due to NO rain, too hard surface.:cool:

yeah because its not like they have water trucks.

rgustafson
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM

46, I understand the problems at Santa Anita. In So Cal Fan's post, the reference was to "these tracks", plural. Again, I am asking where is the huge ongoing expense at the other tracks that would suggest a switch back to dirt.

skate
02-15-2008, 05:35 PM
yeah because its not like they have water trucks.

well yeh, i was already thinking they use the same Trucks as in TurfP with them little Nozzles.
boy, here i thought it was the lack of rain. you are a wonder...

bigger knobs...:eek: