PDA

View Full Version : Cappin' chatter - 2/14

nobeyerspls
02-14-2008, 09:45 AM
Chalky - You've been in a funk all week. Get over last Friday. You picked a couple of horses that didn't run. So what?
Longball - It's not that, it's the one I didn't bet. A couple of weeks ago I picked a filly named Sabael who ran 3rd at 8-1. She was one of those Fingerlakes horses you were razzing me about. She came back Friday at Aqueduct and wired the field for a $56 mutuel. I didn't have a dime on her and I always give horses like that a second chance.
Chalky - That's water under the bridge. We've all done that more than once. So what do you like today. With the weather closing tracks I think I'll just sit this one out.
Longball - Yeah, I don't like much either but I'm driving down to Gulfstream with a friend so I've got to pick something. In the 2nd #4 King Palance (5-1) looks live and the field isn't much. He's a home bred though and I usually pass on those but I'll break that rule this time. In the 2nd at Turfway I'll go with #5 Peaceful Journey (6-1) and I'll box her with the #1 Gate House. As to GP, I'll see what the track is like before I commit to anything else. You've got to make at least one selection.
Chalky - I don't really but if you insist I will. I'll take #2 Manuel R (2-1) in the 3rd at GP. He's beat a couple of these already and the only one that might run with him is Asmussen's horse, #4 Valiant Humor (5/2). Despite my dismal record with two horse exacta boxes, I'll try that bet again. So what do I do at the dog track all alone?
Longball - You can drink beer with those guys at the psycho table and you can look for me on TV near the walking ring. I'll be wearing my lucky long-sleeved purple shirt.
Chalky - Imagine the thrilling feeling coursing through me when I get that glimpse of you. Don't forget about tomorrow. We're doing that 2x3x5 trifecta thing that Jersey Joey likes so much.