PDA

View Full Version : Is the IMF a taxing authority?

ceejay
02-13-2008, 06:32 PM
http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/080213/france_oil_tax.html?.v=1

Christine Lagarde told LCI television that Sarkozy had asked the new IMF chief, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, a Frenchman, to consider a tax that would affect oil companies worldwide.

skate
02-14-2008, 06:52 PM
Oil already has lots and lots of taxation, means nothing, people pay the tax anyhow.

But if he's gonna be equal and sincere, he should also tax his nukes system.

Otherwise, those that use Oil the most (guess who?) would pay much more than those (French) that prefer nukes for power.

Tax em both

Snag
02-14-2008, 11:36 PM
"Lagarde said the French government was pushing for a global tax so that not only Total -- the world's fourth-largest oil and gas company -- would be penalized. It must be "on a worldwide level," she said."
At what point does a companies profit become to much and should be the victum of a "penalized" profit?

I don't care where your are from. When is profit to much? Someone tell me, please.

JustRalph
02-15-2008, 12:01 AM
"Lagarde said the French government was pushing for a global tax so that not only Total -- the world's fourth-largest oil and gas company -- would be penalized. It must be "on a worldwide level," she said."
At what point does a companies profit become to much and should be the victum of a "penalized" profit?

I don't care where your are from. When is profit to much? Someone tell me, please.

amazing how stupid some of these people are.

skate
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM

too much, only when people stop paying.

So raise the tax and again and again and again, that should save you a dollar, huh"

:rolleyes:

skate
02-15-2008, 06:02 PM
late 90s, oil was $9-$10 and had NO PROFIT. So congrees gave big tax breaks, good.

Also, late 90s, GREENIES FIGURE (thank you) "WE NEED FEWER REFINERIES".

SO, as the story goes (true) we did away with the smaller refins. and made the few remaining, BIGGER, to cut polution, which is good for everybody, no?

Also, we do not drill anymore, in areas for cheap drilling.

Now we need big refinery, cost big wampum.me thinks

Think

green , because the demand is not just the USA...anymore,globals.;)

skate
02-16-2008, 02:32 PM
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7616/1054/1024/vitaliy%20katsenelson.jpg