PDA

View Full Version : Another car thread

betchatoo
02-13-2008, 09:54 AM
I'm looking to pick up a used vehicle. I work out of the house and frankly don't drive enough to justify buying a new one. My problem...I'm 6'4" and go about 350. I don't so much test drive cars as try them on for size. So far the most comfortable one I've found is the Nissan Murano. Anyone have an opinion on this car or suggest another that might fit my super sized needs?

Light
02-13-2008, 12:25 PM
Murano review.Its a couple years old article,but you said you were looking for used.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/05/21/MTGBDIV82B1.DTL

For tall or short:

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/cars/new-cars/news/2006/the-tall-and-short-of-it-206/index.htm

I believe toetoe drives a Volvo S80 and he's kinda tall.

betchatoo
02-13-2008, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the links

JustRalph
02-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I had a friend who raved about his.......until he had to buy tires........

check tire prices on the thing..........he said it takes 200 dollar tires for the cheapest set.

800 bucks to replace tires is a little steep, but if you like it.........what the hell

Light
02-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Before you buy a car with TPM,you should check out your local dealer or garage's ability to change those tires. Should you need to do so,it is recommended to replace all 4 plus they require special equipment.Heard of one guy who paid $2400 for 4 tires cause no one had the equipment to handle TPM rims. The dealer said we sell them with tire and rim together for $600 each because we cant split them off the special rims.Customer had no choice. But now with TPM becoming standard,changing those tires should be more available,but it is still a good idea to check up on who can change them and at what cost before you buy a car with TPM.

Steve 'StatMan'
02-14-2008, 06:14 PM
I'm looking to pick up a used vehicle. I work out of the house and frankly don't drive enough to justify buying a new one. My problem...I'm 6'4" and go about 350. I don't so much test drive cars as try them on for size. So far the most comfortable one I've found is the Nissan Murano. Anyone have an opinion on this car or suggest another that might fit my super sized needs?

I've been a similar size, and love my Dodge Caravan. Hopefully they've kept the cab forward design that gives more head room than most vehicles (I bought mine in 1998, so it has been 10 years) Heightwise, I couldn't fit height-wise into most mid-sized U.S and foregin sedans, and even the Michael Jordan Chevy Blazer, even the Plymouth Caravan was a problem since theirs did not have the cab-forward design.

Not only do I fit well, but they really are a lot of vehicle for the money. It was less expensive for me to buy that Mini-Van ($14,995 in 1998) than all those mid-sized cars and specialty vehicles ($35,000 for that MJ Chevy Blazer that I couldn't fit in). So much room, I drove my friends on the 1998 Breeders' Cup at CD.