PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information

Boca Poppy
02-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a book, magazine, or website that can help me understand how to compare races ( difficulty ) .

Meaning how do i measure up horses that are being moved from claiming to> Hcp to> AOC to> restricted to> open company to> allowances ect. ??

In other words how does a OC30k/N2X at AQU compare to Hcp 29700 at FL to a ALW23100N2R back at AQU?

Are there any books out there that explain the differences?

Thanks

boomman
02-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows of a book, magazine, or website that can help me understand how to compare races ( difficulty ) .

Meaning how do i measure up horses that are being moved from claiming to> Hcp to> AOC to> restricted to> open company to> allowances ect. ??

In other words how does a OC30k/N2X at AQU compare to Hcp 29700 at FL to a ALW23100N2R back at AQU?

Are there any books out there that explain the differences?

Thanks

Boca: We just talked about class comparisons on another thread and agreed that if you make allowances for the inflated purses of the "racinos" (such as lower class horses than purses would indicate at Albuquerque) then the Daily Racing Form's purse comparison chart can be very helpful. I talk about it in detail in my first book, and you can click on my link here for more info. As far as answering your specific question above, the Finger Lakes horses are SEVERAL class levels below Aqueduct horses, so even a handicap horse at Finger Lakes will rarely be able to compete in conditioned allowance races at Aqueduct. The only time I ever really seriously consider a Finger Lakes horse at Aqueduct as a contender is when they are coming off of strong wins in State bred stakes races at Finger Lakes. Those horses seem to fit pretty well with State breds when they ship to Aqueduct or Belmont. There are exceptions to the rule of course, and most of those can be isolated by identifying the strongest connections of Finger Lakes trainers who win occasionally on the big circuit (ala Charlton Baker)....Hope this heads you in the right direction.........;)

Boomer