PDA

View Full Version : What's a mere $45K & change...after-all

sammy the sage
02-10-2008, 07:09 PM
the Magna p5 handle was $45k short of $500k gurantee...

$2 Pick 5 (MAGNA5 9-4-3-4-7) 4 Correct Paid $2,327.20 Pick 5 Pool $454,232 Carryover Pool $265,310.

Yet no outcry about BLATANT false advertising... :mad:

Should either added to to 4 pay-out or carry-over...BUT NOTHING anywhere?

hbeck
02-10-2008, 07:33 PM
I dislike Magna's operation of their tracks as much as the next person but have to agree with them on this bet. Guaranteed pools that are supplemented by the track (or in this case, Magna) are only guaranteed if they are hit, in my opinion.

cnollfan
02-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Apparently the guarantee only applies if there were tickets with all five winners:

If no bet contains all the correct selections in accordance with subsection 6(a) above, and subsection 6(b) of these rules and regulations has not been invoked by MEC having given prior notice that there will be a mandatory distribution of the carryover, the net pool created under a given Magna 5 contest shall be divided into three pools, where:
(a) 25% of the amount bet into such pool on that Magna 5 contest shall be distributed among those bets which contain the most correct selections;
(b) 75% of the amount bet into such pool on that Magna 5 contest shall be carried over to the next Magna 5 contest; and
(c) 100% of the carryover from pools from previous Magna 5 contests shall be carried over to the next Magna 5 contest.

I suppose that the money Magna would add to reach the guarantee is not included according to the rules above, which are not entirely clear.
http://www.magna5.com/rules.aspx

toetoe
02-10-2008, 07:52 PM
That's too wordy to fit into a flashy ad. I agree with thread starter (wasn't that a Stephen King story ?) that it deserves TWO thumbs down. :ThmbDown: :ThmbDown:

ceejay
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
Funny that Magna has gone 3 weeks in a row not handling the guarantee.

sammy the sage
02-10-2008, 08:57 PM
Maybe I'll learn how to spell GUARANTEE some day...fine print...like Insurance Co.'s...well it should be this...so we're paying squat! :bang:

David-LV
02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
Funny that Magna has gone 3 weeks in a row not handling the guarantee.
I think if they made it a one dollar wager their handle would sky rocket, but then again that would make to much sense. :bang:

______
David

ceejay
02-10-2008, 09:11 PM
And there would be almost as much chance of carry imo. This week would have been very tough for a buck. I played $0 for $2 minimum.